Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG' started by 1q2w3e, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

11seconddawg you've just proved how ignorant you are. Being on the mercedes forum talking about something you quite obviously know nothing about. The E55 WILL have the supercharged V8 out of the SL55 with an output exceeding 450hp. They just aren't using that engine in the new CLK.

And how are Mercedes POS? I hate to break it to you, but the new BMWs don't look like a work of art.

But BMW will release the M5 with a V10 right. Im going to believe that when i see it sitting in a dealership

2. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

All I have to say is, Long Live AMG vs. M. Without these kind of rivalries(almost all of the supercars in these pages have them) you'd be stuck with an E230 or a 518ti. So If you like BMW more than Mercedes, or vice versa, you should be happy to see "your" competition gain more prowess, because "your" favorite will have to keep up.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fordracing</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nuttertmf</i>
    <b>I am not 100% sure of this but I heard the sl55 amg engine is going in the e55, which explains why mercedes is now raising the hp on the sl up to 500...because the e55 was lighter it was achieving times faster then the 4.6 0-60 of the sl55 amg. Thats just wait I heard...dont quote me on that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i am quoting you, because thats correct. and even if the e55 had this NA version, how would that make it a POS? are you on crack?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Believe me, if a mercedes amg car had an engine in it that slowed it down .4 seconds from another model...I would curse it and call it slow. As long as these amg's stay under 6 seconds 0-60 they are incredibly fast. Because any car in the 5 range is fast. Although speed and car performance cant be compeltely a reason for picking a car. I think the amg's are unrivaled in their looks and class. (by reasonably priced cars)...so no...no amg car na version or turboed...will ever be crap. I am not on crack.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

I think that all the BMW and Mercedes battles between you guys is stupid, BMW in my oppion has the best looking 4 door although Mercedes headlights are awsome on this model there not on the E55, right? Ok and then Mercedes has the best coupe, I don't know if it's because I got to ride in a SL600 or not but the headlights on this CLK is awsome.

P.S.
    I own a CLK 320 on Gran Turismo 2, it kicks all the BMW's and Mercedes butts, W/ 428 hp. Just something fun to add.

5. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

Why are all these stupid BMW lovers yapping in this Mercedes Forum?

If you don't like cars that are better than BMWs, so be it, don't come here and say that Mercedes are slow when BMWs are slower and fugly.

6. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

yup! its always been doing that!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

I can also back the 5.5 L supercharged engine shall be in the E55 AMG with +/- 470 bhp on tap so the M5 will have to polish its boots or get new ones all together if its wants to keep ahead of the new e-class !!!!!!!!
    anyway the E55 AMG shall be a pleasure to read about in future road tests ....cant wait!

8. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

Yeah the information about the supercharged E55 is correct. I was with my best friend and his dad when he ordered his the 3 weeks ago. The local Merc dealer wouldn't dare lie to him as I'd imagine he is one of their most valued customers, having previously owned an E36, then E55, and currently an ML55 and ML320.

Cheers.

9. Good job Mercedes, when for once in your life you had the opportunity to get ahead of BMW you did exactly the opposite. The engine in the CLK55 will be used in the E55 as well. The sedan will weigh more than this thing and therefore the performance will decrease even more. The M5 will still leave the new E55 kissing it's ass. I guess BMW is and always will be ahead of the game when it comes to agressiveness and performance. Bye bye POS Mercedes. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

I guess BMW is and always will be ahead of the game when it comes to agressiveness and performance

I like that comment!

11. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

I am not 100% sure of this but I heard the sl55 amg engine is going in the e55, which explains why mercedes is now raising the hp on the sl up to 500...because the e55 was lighter it was achieving times faster then the 4.6 0-60 of the sl55 amg. Thats just wait I heard...dont quote me on that.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nuttertmf</i>
    <b>I am not 100% sure of this but I heard the sl55 amg engine is going in the e55, which explains why mercedes is now raising the hp on the sl up to 500...because the e55 was lighter it was achieving times faster then the 4.6 0-60 of the sl55 amg. Thats just wait I heard...dont quote me on that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i am quoting you, because thats correct. and even if the e55 had this NA version, how would that make it a POS? are you on crack?<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

blah blah blah... M5 beating MB AMGs. ALL MB AMGs r 5 speed autos. can bmw make a 5 speed auto newhere as fast as MB AMGs? no they cant and never will be able to.

14. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

Most people who have the money to decide between these two cars would choose the AMG because of looks and the weight of the MB seal. Only die-hard BMW fans will even care what this does compared to an M5. Everyone else will realize how luxurious and fast it is and buy it regardless.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

THE NEW SL55 AMG WILL HAVE A 500HP ENGINE, BECAUSE THE NEW E55 AMG IS TOO FAST WITH 450HP!

SO THE E55 WILL GET THE 450HP ENGINE! THE CLK55 AMG HAS NOT THE SAME ENGINE LIKE THE E55!!!!

THE E55 ENGINE IS THE SAME ENGINE LIKE THE ONE IN THE SL55!!

SO, IF YOU OWN A E55 YOU CAN MAKE EASIELY A 500-600HP ENGINE OUT OF THAT!

-----> THE M5 WILL LOSSE!!!! THE MERCEDES WILL BURN ITS ASS!! LIKE THE SL55 AMG DID IT WITH THE Z8!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! MERCEDES IST THE BEST!!

16. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Meradur</i>
    <b>All I have to say is, Long Live AMG vs. M. Without these kind of rivalries(almost all of the supercars in these pages have them) you'd be stuck with an E230 or a 518ti. So If you like BMW more than Mercedes, or vice versa, you should be happy to see "your" competition gain more prowess, because "your" favorite will have to keep up.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I hope they wouldn't be that poor, but you could be correct. It's a very good point. My personal preference is M, but that's mostly cause MB is too stuffy for me. Just a matter of taste I think.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

Hey RichieRich, all M cars are manual trannies. Still don't understand why anyone would want to drive an auto. Maybe if you had your left leg(or both balls) amputated.

18. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

it doesnt matter, the m5 for 2003 (2004) will get a v10 with 500+hp and woop any benz there is with the exception of the clk-gtr.
    by the way ARE they going to make a new clk-gtr based o this platform?

19. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JTR</i>
    <b>it doesnt matter, the m5 for 2003 (2004) will get a v10 with 500+hp and woop any benz there is with the exception of the clk-gtr.
    by the way ARE they going to make a new clk-gtr based o this platform?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Back you your 2004 m5 once you see a pic of it...I thought the 7 series was ugly, they just keep getting better.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Josh427</i>
    <b>Most people who have the money to decide between these two cars would choose the AMG because of looks and the weight of the MB seal. Only die-hard BMW fans will even care what this does compared to an M5. Everyone else will realize how luxurious and fast it is and buy it regardless.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You are damn right. Way to go, finally, I see people who KNOW cars.

21. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

excuse me but stop acting like kids every brandhas it's own customers and who gives a f**** if the benz will beat the M5 although ti doubt it but itstill depnds on the driver
    give a ferrari to a nerd and a slk to an experienced driver and c who wins
    + all the benz r starting to look exactly the same
    but they're pure class
    and bmw's r pure prefomance

22. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

There's absolutely no reason to be skeptical about the new M5. It is already slated for production in late 2003 with a V-10. It will more than match the performance of the supercharged E55 and will eclipse the performance of the current M5. I can't wait to see it. In response to BMW's not looking like works of art, that's purely subjective, and I personally think Mercedes all looks like buddles on wheels in comparison to the athletic looking BMW's. That's a matter of opinion though.

23. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

Yea, why would ppl care that a Mercedes beats a BMW? I mean, Mercedes are preceived one class over BMW anyways. I would worry if BMW makes cars that are more luxurious, safer, better looking, and more importantly, better selling than Mercedes. Only then will I start to worry about BMW getting ahead of Mercedes.

But seeing the new sales figures of the much-hyped 7 series, and what ppl said about its styling, I have no worries at all. Get it?

24. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

I read somewhere (possibly on the bmw website) that the next M5 is going to get a V10. Can anybody either confirm or deny?

25. Re: Haha, so much for the E55 beating the M5

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Davut</i>
    <b>Yea, why would ppl care that a Mercedes beats a BMW? I mean, Mercedes are preceived one class over BMW anyways. I would worry if BMW makes cars that are more luxurious, safer, better looking, and more importantly, better selling than Mercedes. Only then will I start to worry about BMW getting ahead of Mercedes.

But seeing the new sales figures of the much-hyped 7 series, and what ppl said about its styling, I have no worries at all. Get it?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

TOO true all you people who think BMW are or ever have been better than Mercedes are just showing their ignorance, i mean if u can say that BMW's look better than the new mercs OR ever, ure on crack and the fact that the merc is safe,fast, bliss to drive and THE best luxury cars you can buy, i mean sh!t the new Mercs r gonna kill the BMW's and BMW's last efforts to overtake Mercs have failed bismally, get used to it BMW cause ure allways gonna be behind the three point star......
    Up the mercs n if u think BMW is better than don't reply cause u don't know much about german cars, or cars ,fullstop.>>
    Later all<!-- Signature -->