has anyone figured this motor out?

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO Ram Air 6 Concept' started by 2998ccCSL, Nov 5, 2004.

1. ls2, ls7 pick one!!

is anyone sure if its 4.125 bore x 3.650 stroke(3.620?) or 4 x 3.875?

2. From what I read in Motortrend.com this is an LS2

3. The LS2 in the '05 Vette is a 6 liter, this goat is packing 6.4 liters. This may be the LS7 that'll end up in the new Z06 should it make a reappearance down the line.

4. I pretty sure that it is an LS2 motor bored out and tuned. My guess is that Pontiac will release a Judge with this engine and also use it in the C6 Z06. It might be the most cost effective way to make a performance model of the GTO.

5. According to Autoweek, the mill is an amalgam of parts, mostly LS2 and LS7. I also don't think it's got catalytic converters, so good luck seeing a street version post those numbers.

6. THE ENGINE IS A MIX OF THE THREE ENGINES ( LS1 LS2 AND LS7, MOSTLY LS2 AND LS7) WHAT HAPPENED WAS FOR THE SHOW ENNGINERS WENT TO BOTH PRESENT AND FUTURE PARTS BINS TO MAKE THIS CAR. THEY USED THE LS7 BLOCK WHICH IS GOING TO BE THE ENGINE THAT POWERS THE C6 ZO6. VERY LITTLE PIECES ARE USED FROM THE LS1 BUT THE CAM CRANK AND OTHER VITALS ARE FROM THE LS2.

7. so its bore is 4.125 and its stroke is 3.620 or something like that?

8. so i guess GM got bored so they decided to combine engines and see what the hell theyd get

9. 90 hp/liter ain't bad at all for a pushrod 2 valve lump.
    But then again, they didn't disclose how absurdly high the compression ratio is huh.

10. Actually through some oversight on GM's part, the trademark on the name "the Judge" lapsed and is now owned by SLP Engineering.

11. SLP still deals with GM though, so maybe unlke fords big #$%# up with the GT they could actually get the name back.