Have you ever seen a bigger engine?

Discussion in '2006 Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition' started by ThE DaRkStAlKeR, Mar 22, 2006.

1. um... top fuel dragsters, well, any dragster really, i mean, there engine's are HUGE lol, but there not in anyway street legal. is this? i dont know but if it is than yah this is defiantly a big mutha of an engine
    ---

I'm pretty sure the top fuel dragsters have 502 engines (8 Litres). The reason they have so much power is they run on nitromethane, and the cylinders are pumped so full of fuel the engine runs on the verge of hydraulic lock.

2. Ever seen the torque curve (and subsequently horsepower curve) on a turbo engine compared to a super engine? Not to mention turbo lag...

3. The Benz 200hp Blitzen-Benz from 1909 has a 21500cc 4 cylinder engine which equals 5375cc per cylinder. don't know if it is road legal or not though.

4. guys just so you know, the block they use is made by a company called Donovan Engineering. the engine is based on the Chevy Big block. donovan makes the aluminum block with a 4.5" bore. it is the same block as used by most of the NHRA top full dragsters and funny cars.

all NHRA top fuel dragsters and funny cars are limited to 500 c.i. but they run 99.95% nitromethaine, and a weild 14-71 blower.

this car is the fastest and most powerfull in the world, wish everyone who is a honda/acura, nissan/infinity or any other 6 or 4 cylinder powered sissy mobile could get a ride in one and feel what american muscle feels like.

5. guys just so you know, the block they use is made by a company called Donovan Engineering. the engine is based on the Chevy Big block. donovan makes the aluminum block with a 4.5" bore. it is the same block as used by most of the NHRA top full dragsters and funny cars.

all NHRA top fuel dragsters and funny cars are limited to 500 c.i. but they run 99.95% nitromethaine, and a weild 14-71 blower.

this car is the fastest and most powerfull in the world, wish everyone who is a honda/acura, nissan/infinity or any other 6 or 4 cylinder powered sissy mobile could get a ride in one and feel what american muscle feels like.

6. only 500 CI.....if you want mountain motor madness, look for 700+ CID from ford...for example, a 460 bored and stroked to 806!!!

7. #32 Veyronman, Dec 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    it wasn't an 800, it was an SD1

27 litre Meteor in it:

8. big ? it is large