Here it is: Cadillac's flagship - the CT6

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by WhiteChocolateWorld, Feb 22, 2015.

1. #1 WhiteChocolateWorld, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    See it teased in motion in Cadillac's just-released commercial: http://youtu.be/EGhaOV0BPmA

Will be officially unveiled March 31st.

2. Looks like a Skoda

Pass me the Mercedes brochure.

3. "Go on... we dare you to buy the most expensive car in our range. What's the matter? You a pussy? Scared it'll be shit?"

"actually, yes. toodles."

4. this looks more mercedes than a mercedes

cadillac > mercedes

5. The thing is, the ATS and CTS are probably the best cars in their segments, wonky info-tainment system aside, so...

6. "How dare they"?

Oh come on, it's a fvcking car already. Any dingus with enough money can buy one.

7. #$%# GM for following the stupid nonsensical naming system.

8. They're just trying to be like BMW and Audi. Anyway in 3 years nobody will care about the names. I may be wrong but wasn't there "outcry" in the "car ehthusiast" community when Cadillac decided to drop real names for their cars and replace them with just letters?

If Cadillac want to compete with the Germans in their own back yard they need to project the same brand image, so I guess that starts with the name. "Hmm... should I pick a CT6, 7er, or A8?" people will be able to imagine themselves saying, Cadillac assumes. It will probably work to a degree in getting people to remember the model range more easily. As Cadillac isn't traditionally a brand often chosen in Europe it's not like there's a lot of brand loyalty or rabid fans of three-letters-only nomenclature.

Anyway if the choice of numbers and letters used for the name is enough to make you buy another car then the problem probably isn't the name of the car.

9. I don't thinkbthats the production name. A buddy of mine owns a caddy dealership and he seems to think that's just the project name. And that it will be called the DTS or something similar. But who knows, they have done weirder shit I'm the past

10. Never mind. He is just a bonehead. They are changing all the names to suit. Which confuses me they just designed the ats named it the ats but now they may change its name. That whole name change thing is confusing to me

11. #11 sangtaoadv, Feb 27, 2015
    Hello and welcome 2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP610 4 Start Up Test Drive Racing Exhaust Demo and In Depth Review

12. Hi WhiteChocolateWorld you mention a link of video can you explain me what this video shows.

13. #13 V8stangman, Mar 20, 2015
    2016 Cadillac CT6 Gets 400 HP Twin-Turbo V6

Cadillac’s upcoming full-size rear-wheel drive sedan will launch with a 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6.

Slated for production at General Motors’ Detroit-Hamtramck assembly facility, the CT6 will have 400 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque as part of a new engine family from the brand. That engine will offer cylinder deactivation, continuously variable all-wheel drive and three drive mode settings. Cadillac also said today that its new engine family will include both four- and six-cylinder diesel engines.

Along with the new oil burners, Cadillac will also have a new naturally aspirated 3.6-liter V6 that will slot into ATS and CTS and the CT6. The revamped naturally aspirated 3.6-liter V6 will come with an additional 14 hp and nine lb-ft of torque for a total of 335 hp and 284 lb-ft. Cadillac also said that it expects the revised engine to offer up to nine percent better fuel economy than the version powering current models. Those figures are based on burning regular fuel and are robust enough to credit the engine with being the highest-output naturally aspirated V6 per SAE certification.

Like the new CTS-V first shown during the 2014 L.A. Auto Show, the CT6 will use an eight-speed automatic transmission, although the version in this car will be a Hydramatic 8L45 instead of the 8L90 in the CTS-V.

The new 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 will sit at the top of the CT6 engine line above the new naturally aspirated 3.6-liter V6 and a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that will make up the base powertrain.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/cadillac-ct6-gets-400-hp-twin-turbo-v6.html

14. And a rumored Turbo v8 eventually, yeah?

15. I'm crossing my fingers for no V8 option.

There *IS* a replacement for displacement. Turbos!

16. That's why you turbo the v8

17. burner in 3...2...1...

18. nah man, just MOAR TURB0 and MOAR HYBRID!

19. TURBO ELECTRIC MOTORS!

20. They need to perfect Direct Exhaust Injection

Attached Files:

21. That's definitely a transmission, you newb.

22. Well, it's been revealed.

Not gonna post the interior shot. Why GM, do you hate yourselves so much?

23. Nothing particularly wrong with it. but the interior is just meh. Doesn't look expensive.

24. What's wrong with this interior?

Attached Files:

25. It just doesn't look like a flagship interior. Could be much nicer.