Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under 200k

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by hennesseyms, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

The Elise is a very smll car so although it hadles fantastic as it is over certain speed it would be too unstable to compete, good idea but you'd need to make it a bigger car, like the Gillet Vertigo.

2. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

The Elise chassis or transmission is obviously not designed to cope with such power.

3. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

I'll go with the 1000TT cuz I love strait line speed.

4. #29 Bluey, Sep 7, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

well thats strange 'cause the 1000TT is not a staight line car...

Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under
    for US$200,000 i'll have 2 say the Dodge SVS Stryker Viper TT...
    for AUS$200,000 i'll have 2 say a Veilside Supra...

i'm not sure if the Stryker TT is US$200,000 and couldn't be bothered lookin'...
    but if u wish 2 prove me wrong check it out:
    www.supervipersystems.com

5. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

veilside supra's nice....

6. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

I really don't like this car. I just don't i don't know why.
    Its just too over the top.

7. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

so your telling me that the viking srx-7 and the tiger t100 will have a 8.93 quarter mile time or lower??and will run less then 2 second 0-60??

8. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

remember from my elise idea. i know the chassi isnt meant to handle that much power, thats why u have 100k left over for whatever else you want to do. or you could go up to somehting like the VR6 R32 engine i got in my golf (mines non r32). its a rather small engine. with a high output supercharger and modded internals you could get theoretically up to like 550 ro 600 hp outta the lil beast. its a very light engine too btw. youd still be runnin under 100k btw. good luck matchin that.

there is a replacement for displacement: its called weight.

9. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

theres a civic from where i live that runs 8.6 quarters. hehe its not street legal but id eat this viper :p

10. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

oh yeah, 1 more car thats better than this for 200k or less: the gamebella GTR 750. the 600 hp version of this set records at the Nring, this is the beefed up version of that one @750 hp.

11. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

THe 1000TT IS an awesom car.

12. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

I think that everyone will have to agree like it or not that the viper 1000tt is the best supercar out there, many people will disagree with it because they like farraris or lambos better but deep down they know the 1000tt would destroy any ferrari or lambo

13. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

the viper 1000tt is for EVERYTHING! i used to think the viper 800tt was only for drag.. but hah i didn't look at the g's. and with the 1000tt.. the g's are even higher

14. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

That Viking Sr-7 couldn't take the Viper 1000TT buddy I'm sorry and plus none of the cars you said are street legal, maybe in Europe but not here in America.

15. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

I would go for the Top Secret GT600, basically it's a 1998 Toyota Supra, tuned by Top Secret, pulling something +1000hp, capable of more than 400 km/h. I do not know prices, but anyway it would be a worthy adversary, don't u all think?

16. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

do you have any: articles, pictures, test results or proof that the car exsist and is capable of 400km/h?
    and
    is it street legal?

17. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

please tell me u copy and pasted that

18. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

the Speed 12 is a very fast car and could beat the 800TT on the track and drift

19. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

There's an earlier thread in this forum called "800tt vs. speed 12"

Considering there are really No performance specs. for the car, the comparison couldn't be made, we could only speculate. No conclusion could be made. (unless you have complete performance #'s for the tvr 12)

20. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

heres the bottom line : this car could NOT take a GTR750 on a track, or a heavily modded elise. here is why: it cant handle. period. andretti once said handling a viper is one of the most dificult things ever, and considering the 1000tt had like 550 more hp? nto a chance. without the tcs and awd the car had no chance, its like driving a 1000+ hp zonda on gt3, it just cant be done. far too overpowered. also its just too heavy of a car.

now someone try to debate that the 1000tt or 800tt is better than a gtr-750. sorry you lose. also, the hennessy reliability is a big issue as well.

21. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

"now someone try to debate that the 1000tt or 800tt is better than a gtr-750"

OK.

"it cant handle. period."

Really? lets' see:

The 800tt comes with:

Slotted 13-in rotors all around
    With Wilwood six-piston calipers
    Penske adjustable coil-over shocks
    Eibach springs

These mods. translate into:

800tt:
    Skidpad: 1.06g
    Slalom Speed: 75.1 mph

On a track, the 800tt Could handle.

FOR THOSE OF YOU who don't think skidpad and slalom numbers mean anything when it comes to the track, here's some tests that prove otherwise.

1997 MotorTrend Comparison:

Skidpad 1-3

Dodge Viper GTS 1.01 g
    Ferrari F355 1.01 g
    Porsche 911 Turbo 1.00 g

600-feet Slalom(mph) 1-3

Dodge Viper GTS 73.6
    Ferrari F355 72.1
    Porsche 911 Turbo 69.6

Track Times 1-3

Dodge Viper GTS 39.4
    Ferarri F355 39.5
    Porsche 911 Turbo 40.2

The cars with the most G’s, and slalom speed (the "horrible handling viper" according to andretti) took top positions on the track (the viper Won)

In the june 2003 issue of MT.
    In thier 10 car shoot-out, they do a test on the track, a figure eight course layout.

The mosler mt900 photon took 1st

It accelerated the fastest and pulled the most g's. acceled to 83.6mph, and did 1.14g

Second the viper srt10

acceled to 79.3mph
    pulled 1.05g

Third, lambo murcielago

77.8mph
    .98g

4th, vette z06

75.3mph
    .99g

And so on.

Each place you go down for a car, like from 5th to 6th the acceleration gets slower, or the cars didn't pull as many g's.

The figure 8 track also tests acceleration, braking and hard, long turns in both directions.

But in that comparison, the cars that pulled the most skidpad G’s, took top places on the track. (and the srt10 viper beat a lambo murci, and ferrari 575m)

My point is, vipers can handle. Considering the 800tt has The Best skidpad and slalom of almost Any car tested, it can handle (if you don't think skidpad or slalom mean anything, read the two comparisons i just posted which point out otherwise)

Now, i don't have Many specs. for the 750, just 0-60, 100, top speed and skidpad.

It's kind of hard to compare two cars (especially when trying to see which one would win on a track) with little or no specs. Unless you have more specs. for the car, it's Ones Opinion vs. anothers.
    (or you could try comparing a car that has More specs.)

22. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

hi

the venom 800tt was and is a fabulous handling machine.People who criticize it have never driven a viper or are maybe just jaleous of the viper.

regards

426hemistage8

23. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

the srt 10 can handle like a dream. no doubt. its the old viper thats a beast. its still overpowered and would be impossible to handle with anything less than a pro driver on near ideal conditions. and btw. the porsche has 14.7" rotors.

24. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

The engine conversion costs $55 000 USD and includes:

Twin Garett ball bearing, water/oil cooled turbochargers with integral wastegates
    HMS Aluminum Air to Air Intercoolers .
    Complete Turbo Tubing, Polished Stainless Inlet Tubes and Hoses/Clamps
    Custom airbox with K&N filters
    Upgraded fuel injection system
    HMS 3 in. Stainless Steel Exhaust System with Hi-Flow Catalysts
    Polished/Ported vemon cylinder head with 2.02in stainless intake valves, 1.65in stainless exhaust valves, bronze valve guides, heavy duty valve springs & titanium retainers
    Honed/Ported instake manifold
    T&D 1.7 shaft rockerarms with hardened steel pushrods
    HMS lifter upgrade
    HMS aluminum flywheel upgrade
    HMS 2-core radiator upgrade
    HMS short throw shifter
    Venom floor mats, valve covers & serial numbered carbon fibre dash plaque

also i see no suspention upgrades here.

25. Re: Here's your chance...what's the best street legal car under

i have a question for you phanofmusik2
    have you ever driven a viper venom 800tt before stating and making such conclusions?

i don't think you have valuable and solid proofs of what handles bad or good.

so i think it is better not to diss the car when you have never driven it

just giving you my thaughts on this subject

regards

426hemistage8