Hey MGK28727, (sorry MGK28727, it's for mirage314)

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by erwin, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I'de reply to your question about wether the F60 will beat the lambo in your post(will Ferrari beat lambo now with F60.....and few questions)and the other questions but for some damm reason the screen just comes up blank so here is what I was going to post:

The F60 will probably beat the lambo, but when it's like .2 os a second who cares? if at the lights a lambo and a F60 met, all it would take for the lambo to win would be that he gets a good start and the ferrari gets a slighty worse one.

About NOS. NOS is Nitrous Oxide, now if you know a bit about chemitry the symbol for this is N03, this means that there is 1 Nitrogen part and 3 Oxygen atoms per molocule (or is it 3 molocules per atom???) anyway what that means is that you have a flammable gas mixed with ALOT of oxygen, the reason it makes more horsepower is because normal air isnt pure. So when you inject NOS the petrol burns faster, then your car mixes more fuel faster and this happens until you run out of NOS. So it's like making a really great burning petrol, kinda...

I live in Australia, so I dont know the third

Superchargers and turbo's are similar, kinda
    there are two types of superchargers, screw and centrifugal. The screw type dates back to 1890's (I think). It sits ontop of the engine manifold and is powered pulleys connected to the crankshaft generally (sometimes to the cam??). Now there are two screws extremelly close together (or one with really close walls surrounding it), these two screws interconnect(kinda like how two gears interconnect) .When they spin the air cought inbetween the one or two screws is pressurised, giving you the pressure.

The centrifugal supercharger is like a turbocharger except it is connected to the crankshaft. Turbo's and centrifugal superchargers reach speeds of up to 120 000 RPM, where as a roots makes about
    20 000RPM (or more?).

The centrifugal works by little compressor wheels being spun by a pulley, these draw the air in and then the air is forced to fit into a smaller space pressurising it. A turbo does the same but instead of being powered by a pulley it is done by the exhaust gases spinning some compressor like wheels.

I think thats about it, if anyone else has an easier way of explaining these two or correct me please do.

2. Re: Hey MGK28727

First it wasn't my question. Number 2: I agreed with everything you just said. The Ferrari will win in the numbers but of course in the end it'll alway sdepend on the driver. I know what NOS is and I said so. I put it in layman's term for the person who obviously doesn't speak english as a native language. Number 3 I know the differences between superchargers and turbos. Number 4 If you can't see what I wrote don't try to be so friggin smart.

~MK

3. Re: Hey MGK28727, sorry MGK28727, it's for mirage314

Sorry, I ment to post it to mirage314, I just copied and pasted the wrong screen name, damm I'de be pissed aswell