hmmm...

Discussion in '2000 Opel Speedster' started by z28vette, Aug 10, 2002.

1. 147 bhp and does 0-60 in 5.5?
    can someone explain that???????????????<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: hmmm...

Si conocieras el motor, si supieras porque teniendo un motor tan pequeño levanta los 100km/hr en 5.5 segundos, ademas, fijate en el peso del carro, el muy ligero.
    Los motores ecotec son de los mejores motores de GM...

3. Re: hmmm...

I will do it in english. The basis behind physics are Newtons laws. One law states Force = Mass*Acceleration now turn that equation around and you get Acceleration = Force/Mass. This means as force increases, acceleration increases, but as mass increases, acceleration decreases. Think about throwing a baseball compared to a bowling ball, you can throw the baseball a hell of alot farther than the bowling ball, even though the same force is applied by the arm to throw. So with less mass, you need force to get the same acceleration. Now double the mass of the speedster and you get 3528 or about the mass of an average family sedan. That sedan would need 294 hp to accelerate at the same rate as the speedster. The same laws apply to everything in the universe. I am helping build a race car with around 60-65 hp, but this little car can out accelerate a porsche turbo or diablo. But to get complicated other factors mater in a cars acceleration, grip( tires, rear wheel drive, all wheel drive) aero (not a big deal going to 60) and gearing ( most sports cars hit 60 at the end of second gear).

4. Re: hmmm...

are u the 21 century's einstien or something??

5. Re: hmmm...

something (you only gave me two choices)