Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

Discussion in '2001 Ford Falcon 300' started by andyy101, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

Not entirely sure but i think it might be.. just a question is CSV like HSV where it's only around 50% owned by Holden?

Hence the fastest 4 door sedan whether or not it's a CSV is not a Holden, it's a CSV

2. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

CSV isnt owned by holden at all. CSV just buy the the standard executive body shells and the GEN III's off holden, CSV does the rest. Notice that all CSV's come out with stock executive interiors with mods by CSV.

3. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

Who cares? The point is that guy is a not cool person and has no friends at all.

4. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

The point I was getting to is that he thinks CSV is a Holden, when it's only a company that does up Holdens. If that's so then why did he say a Holden??
    With HSV also, I would please liek it if your compare HOlden and Ford, HSV and FPV, and whatever for CSV.
    Stop sayign that becase an aftermarket company does up a Holden and it beats any standard Falcon, that the Holdens which will now have 30kW less than Ford (in base model VY) are better than Fords. CSV are better than Ford and FPV, HSV Vs FPV we'll wait and see, and from what I can see the BA will kick the VYs butt.

A standard BA falcon will be able to beat more than 60% of the cars on the road

5. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

I dunno if this corrects you but a Brabus S67 (what CSV is to Holden, Brabus is to merc) can see the far side of 300kmh. I'm not sure if it counts as a proddy car though, because that depends on how brabus badges/rebadges the merc. Whether they count as a producer in their own right like CSV or a modifier like, say, APS or something.

Golem out.

6. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

wouldnt that be a merc or something.

7. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

Pretty sure it's a BMW M5

8. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

I believe the M5 has a 250km/h speed limiter so I'm not sure on its top speed. However it needs to beat 274km/h that the CSV Veloce has reached.

9. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

I believe the M5 has a 250km/h speed limiter so I'm not sure on its top speed. However it needs to beat 274km/h that the CSV Veloce has reached.

10. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

What about the Audi RS6????

11. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

Yeah i was going to say that, and with the M5, you said both acceleration and top speed, and it don't beat the M5 there

12. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

Apparently it can hit 330kph without the speed limiter

13. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

CSV? A production car? I believe they are not a car manufacturer, they are a tuner. How could it be categorized as a production sedan?

Besides, the record don't belong to Holden... it's belonged to the German! If it did belong to Holden, they would have boasted about it all over like they have won the F1! Trust me on that one!

14. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

sorry i wondered where this thread had gone, it's acutally the new mercedes benz AMG E55. 0 - 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds

15. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

Well I guess that comes down to what a production car is. If CSV aren't production cars does that mean HSV aren't? The both companies essentially do the same thing. Motor magazine called CSV production cars.

16. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

Yeah? Last time I saw specs on that car it had 255kw and was slower than the HSV GTS and M5...what did they do to the new model?

17. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

Lemme ask you this: how many units did the HSV sell annually? Compare that to CSV's sales numbers as in complete cars, not just the bit and pieces that they install in the car! Then you get the idea.

To me, a production car is a car that is being sold as a complete unit from factory, networked through the showrooms. The way I see it CSV would take customers' orders, buy the car off Holden and MODIFY THEM to the order. I've never heard of any CSV showrooms apart from one, which is their 'factory' and HQ! While HSV got networks everywhere!

And MOTOR Magazine called the HSV GTS the fastest and the best production sedan in the world, too! They think this car would out-perform M5 and E55 on their own race track! Do the rest of the world agree with this? The British certainly ain't! Out of so many articles, only the Aussies agree to this... So biased!

18. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

355kW at 6100rpm.... 700Nm at 2650rpm....
    Now that's impressive

19. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

I thought there was just a minimum amount of cars you needed to build to make that car a production car and I believe CSV do that.

This is probably biased aswell but in that Motor issue they said the British thought the HSV was the best aswell - although that doesnt mean much as it was written by them.

Do tell me why the GTS couldnt outperform on a track, it was quicker, braked better...not sure about handling but they said it was quite good.

20. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

Damm 100kw more! I like how Mercedes new models go up by 100kw...what do we get with the new Holden? Another 5kw that you dont notice anyway lol

21. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

**** me dead, when was this confirmed?

22. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

bout a month ago

23. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

woooooohhhhhhhh.....(drool)

24. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

well it's on the site now, check it out for yourselves (link on front page)

25. Re: Holden GTS 300 would still rip this

GTS 300 ALL THE WAY. FORD WILL NEVER
    BEE EVEN CLOSE TO GTS

FORD IS LIKE A SLAT TRAYING TO BE
    BETTER THEN HOLDEN BUT FORD NEVER WILL.........
    NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER