Holden SSX Concept??

Discussion in '1972 Holden LJ Torana GTR XU1' started by SupraMan, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Wasnt the Holden SSX Concept a concept for a new Torana? I think it was considering its a liftback and a V8 and all, they just added in the AWD. And if it is, do you hope a new Torana looks anything like the SSX?

2. Re: Holden SSX Concept??

meh theyve already fukked up the monaro by making it look like a commodore, they wouldnt dare do the same to the torana would they?

3. Re: Holden SSX Concept??

they didn't #$%# up the Monaro , back in the late 60's and 70's the Monaro was just a Kingswood Coupe so it was the obvious thing to do to make the latest one a 2 door Commodore.
    It sells well and also got sports car of the year.
    I like the SSX alot but I wouldn't want it to be called a Torana.

4. Re: Holden SSX Concept??

if the SSX is going to be the Torana, the least they could do is make it a 2-door like the Monaro. The SSX could even look like the next Monaro (hopefully if Holden bring another 1 out). But i would like to see the SSX produced...

... it looks sweet

5. Re: Holden SSX Concept??

Sorry boys its a concept

6. Re: Holden SSX Concept??

there is talk of a possible rwd replacement for the vectra with the forthcoming of the VE Commodore and now retired boss Peter Handenberger stated that he had 'at least planted the seed for a new torana'. so we will have to wait and see.

7. Re: Holden SSX Concept??

nah there was talk of a torana come back about 3 yaers ago but it looked liked a VT commodore with different tail lights thats all.