Honda Civic Si/Chevy Cobalt SS/VW Gti

Discussion in 'Car Comparisons' started by lucky strike, Apr 5, 2007.

2. Exactly what i thought, and black 19" wheels.

3. Yeah rollcage sounds usefull for a daily driver :p

4. If you want to know anything more specific about the cobalt let me know ...

of the choices the GTI is the nicest but you will pay for it ... SS is the fastest and least expensive ..if thats your thing go for it ...

5. Have you had any problems with it?

Is easy to live with? opposed to the GTI being a hatch and all which would come in handy alot.

6. only thing I have had so far is 2 shift patters have come off the top of the shifter (they have to replace the whole shifter assembely)

and a trim issue that was on the leather on the passenger door side...this issue was fixed for 06 , most were fixed becaue it was a TSB ... check that if you pick up a used one ..

its great to live with ...gas milage is great , the hatch on the GTI would be a big bonus as the cobalt has a small trunk opening ..the trunk is large but not the opening ...

7. I think this is the Civic with the aero kit i was talking about earlier.

8. #33 c7015, Apr 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  9. #34 lucky strike, Apr 11, 2007
  10. have you driven any of them ?

11. The closest i've drove of any of these are an 06 'Civic Coupe EX and a G5 which is pretty much a Cobalt.

I've never driven any VW in my life though.

12. #37 lucky strike, Apr 16, 2007
  13. #39 c7015, Apr 16, 2007
    look for an 06 with the G85 package

the g85 package was not availible in Canada in 2005

it includes LSD and Recaro seats was only like a grand more.

didn't realize you were also from Canada

14. Ahhhhhhhh in another forum I recall you saying you were going to buy a used mazdaspeed 3... so what happened to that idea? Changed your mind that quickly.. or do you just want every factory pocket rocket available? Cause there are better options out there for you to consider.

15. oh BTW go wings!!

16. I don't even remember talking about a Mazdaspeed 3.

17. SS any day. I would pick the VW, but they are just to damn big these days.

18. OPPS my bad dude lol it was rabbitl1 that said it haha.. You both have wings symbols as your avitar. ... Well heres is my opinion; take the SS, or look into a Volvo C30.

19. The GTi is exspensive, and can be exspensive to maintain. VW has not exacitly been great on reliability. The review is interesting, the SS seems to do everything a touch better.

20. The Cobalt Ecotec can be modded up to crazy hp. The drag guys get to 1200 hp. GM has a manual showing each incremental step, from stock to 750 hp. If anybody wants to challenge me on the information, I can get the name and part# for the book.

21. The Cobalt Ecotec can be modded up to crazy hp. The drag guys get to 1200 hp. GM has a manual showing each incremental step, from stock to 750 hp. If anybody wants to challenge me on the information, I can get the name and part# for the book.

22. 1200 horse is the 2.2 eco motor ...

23. GTI FOR SHO!!!