Honda Civic Type R Concept Leaked

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by SupraMan, Mar 3, 2014.

1. #1 SupraMan, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Honda Civic Type R beefy hot-hatch concept leaked

http://www.caradvice.com.au/273254/honda-civic-type-r-beefy-hot-hatch-concept-leaked/

Photos of the Honda Civic Type R Concept have been leaked before its Geneva motor show official debut tomorrow, a first preview of a production hot-hatch the Japanese manufacturer says will be the fastest front-wheel drive car around the Nurburgring.

At the front wearing a beefy bodykit featuring bulging lower air intakes flanked by horizontal LED daytime lighting blades, and featuring high-mounted reverse bonnet ducts, the Civic Type R Concept also runs aggressive Brembo brakes behind 245mm-wide, 30-aspect 20-inch tyres and alloy wheels.

At the rear, quad sports exhaust and a bulging rear diffuser to match the front bumper are matched by a giant double-decker rear wing incorporating the brake lights in the lower section and a stop light on the roof-tall highest spoiler blade.

The rear photo, in particular, almost identically follows a sketch of Honda Civic Type R Concept released by the brand last month.

Due in 2015, the production Honda Civic Type R will be powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing around 206kW of power and 400Nm of torque. CarAdvice has driven a prototype version of the car Honda is calling a “racing car for the road”.

We’ll bring you more details about the Honda Civic Type R Concept as they come to hand.

2. wouldn't mind!!

3. Cool
    Bad wheels though

4. I'm not sure it would be a faster FWD car around the Nurburgring than the Ford Focus RS500. The videos I've seen of that car make it look stupid fast. FWD with 350hp.

Would be interesting though.

5. #7 Veyronman, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    the Seat Leon Cupra 280 is the fastest FWD at the 'ring for now.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29561

7:58.4

7. i don't know if 200hp is enough anymore for a hothatch. cars are getting heavier with safety tech bloat. not asking for st/speed3 but like 240ish. same goes for gti

8. It's rumored to have 206kW not 206bhp, so that equates to 275bhp.

9. I remember back in the days, when we installed a B16a into my friend's 91' CRX Si. Pushing that car to 8300rpm and the VTEC Boom is still fresh in my memory.

I'd like to drive this one.

10. Will it have VTEC to augment that turbo?

If so, that would kill anything on the street this side of 400 HP.