honda is still the king!!!

Discussion in '2002 Ford Focus SVT' started by EliteWolverine, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: honda is still the king!!!

no offense to u honda guys, but the vct timing on the zetec is a little better than the v-tec in ur hondas,

so wat if u introduced it, that proves wat, ford intoduced the assembly line and many other things, that proves wat, nothing, its wat u do with it.

and yes the v-tec is getting old very old, v-tec is not impresive to me, why becuz i got a vct in my car, same thing but better.

but oh well praise ur v-tecs, while we kick ur ass

2. Re: honda is still the king!!!

hell a celica would smoke this.... and look better well doing it<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: honda is still the king!!!

"man just cuz our engines put out more horses butt less displacement meaning less weight dont get jeleous and that we have the type R emblem and red recaro seats so just stop jokin us retard!!!!domstics suck!!! "

Hah. The type R emblem? That supposed to add more horsepower? You guys make me sick. Check out the new car and driver.

SVT Focus - 0-60 = 7.8 seconds, qmile = 16.1 @ 87, skidpad = .91g
    Civic Si - 0-60 = 8.0 seconds, qmile = 16.1 @ 86, skidpad = .84g
    GTI 1.8T - 0-60 = 7.4 seconds, qmile = 15.9 @ 89, skidpad = .87g

Out of those 3 the focus came in first. I guess it doesnt really prove much, but those #s do. It was also the only car with a 6spd manual. Oh and the civic has freakin 15 inch wheels. Thats horrible. And to top it off.. its 17,995$ compared to 19k for the civic, and 19,460 for the GTI (base prices).

You guys think a stock 0-60 sprint of 8 seconds is acceptable? Thats dirty.

4. man why doesford still try the focus i the biggest peice of trash and why do they have to copy the vtec system man they are gay well Si s are still better type Rs evan better soo go home w/ this crap svts are super cars hahaha dont make me laugh domestics suck especially this one!<!-- Signature -->

5. ReDOMESTICS RULE

FIRST OF ALL HONDA=JUNK HONDA HAS NO BALL'S AND THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO WERE THY CAME FROM WHICH IS JAP CRAP LAND.....SECOND IF U EVEN HAD ANY BRAINS AT ALL YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THE DEFINIATLY NOT JUNK FOCUS HAS 185 FT/LBS. TOURQE AND IT USES 90% OF THAT AT 2200 RPM WHICH FOR U JUNK IMPORT OWNER THAT MEANS THAT ALL THE JUNK SI'S AND TYPE R'S WOULD BE TAKEN FROM THE LINE AND BEATEN AND EATEN BY THIS FOCUS THANK U HAVE A NICE DAY IMPORT HOMO!!!!!

<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: ReDOMESTICS RULE

dont be jelous be cause ure junk honda is only a what......55555555 speed!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: honda is still the king!!!

Aight u fu*ckin domestics loves wtf is this...this car weights as much as ur mom....its #$%#in ugly..and wait a min. u say it has 183 ft/lbs of torque wut hell tha sucks this is tha most pathic domestic i have ever seen....like my boy Vic said just go home cuz u cant compete wit any import....<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: honda is still the king!!!

ok, you friggn retards....first off, the Focus is a great car...second, the SVT model pulls 0-60 and 1/4 mile times faster (even if not by much) than the new civic SI...and no ZeTec is not a rip off of Honda's VTEC, its all just valve timing, and now that Honda's patent here in the states has run out every major car company on the planet has their own version of it...(ie. BMW-DoubleVanos, Nissan-Vspec, and imagine that even Toyota has VVTL-i) so yeah, while the pocket rockets from the east are great cars, they have some pretty stiff competition coming right out of detroit.

9. Re: honda is still the king!!!

calm down there buddy....to start it off, fords suck. variable valve timing has been around since 1989 when nismo introduced it on the
    R-32 GTR V-Spec. U may not be able to recall seeing a v-spec decal on the car because nissan never advertised it on the car. so that just shows how much domestic people know about cars and the history of variable valve timing. and another thing, it's VVT-i which stands for variable valve timing with intelligence, but i dont see an "L" in there. so where did u get it from??? <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: honda is still the king!!!

(raises his right fist in the air)<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: ReDOMESTICS RULE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JARID</i>
    <b>FIRST OF ALL HONDA=JUNK HONDA HAS NO BALL'S AND THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO WERE THY CAME FROM WHICH IS JAP CRAP LAND.....SECOND IF U EVEN HAD ANY BRAINS AT ALL YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THE DEFINIATLY NOT JUNK FOCUS HAS 185 FT/LBS. TOURQE AND IT USES 90% OF THAT AT 2200 RPM WHICH FOR U JUNK IMPORT OWNER THAT MEANS THAT ALL THE JUNK SI'S AND TYPE R'S WOULD BE TAKEN FROM THE LINE AND BEATEN AND EATEN BY THIS FOCUS THANK U HAVE A NICE DAY IMPORT HOMO!!!!!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Honda is one of the most renowned motor companies in the world and are not that way for no reason! On the other hand, not all US cars stink and I think the Focus is a good economy car and was at one time the best selling sedan in the world. SVT make some very hot muscle cars. The Us cars which DO suck however are all the GM cars, especially Oldmobile and Pontiac! GM may be the largest motor co. in the world but they can't make cars for shit!!

12. Re: honda is still the king!!!

I am not much of a GM fan, but even they are capable of producing awsome cars. The Vet and the '87 GNX comes to mind. Just talking engines though Honda and Audi make the best small engines, for 6's I would give it to BMW, and maybe Toyota (well the crystler's engine in the Prowler and 300m is sweet also, to bad they can't put it in a smaller car), and for small 8's the SVT 4.6L engine is one of the best engines on the market. (I am talking about about cars under 50K here)

13. Re: honda is still the king!!!

Little piece of shit hondas are not meant for racing. They're cars made for old ladies that need to get to work and back. Don't be saying that Honda is still the king when it never was in the first place. If you like foreign cars so much then leave the U.S.A!

14. Re: honda is still the king!!!

umm let me see american cars r crap they will always be and anyone that knows about cars will say and imported cars are way better and the ford focus was the worst ford ever made, it is so ugly, so give it up.

15. Re: honda is still the king!!!

man just cuz our engines put out more horses butt less displacement meaning less weight dont get jeleous and that we have the type R emblem and red recaro seats so just stop jokin us retard!!!!domstics suck!!!<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: honda is still the king!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble honda boys but i've seen Double Vanos(Vtek) on Bimmer's since 1989. AND. Most cars on the road have some sort of Vtek. American, European, and, yes of course, Japanese. Its just that everyone else doesnt flash it out like tha Japs do. Its the only way honda can make any sort of power without a turbo.

17. Re: honda is still the king!!!

listen #%$ot...u said 1989??? i said it too homo!!! well newayz i do recall some stuff i had said b/c bimmer is the 1st company to achieve full time variable valve timing....that means all rpms....and it just happened recently(within the past 3 months). about the turbos...we have 4 banger all motor civics with no force induced hp running low 9s sucka.....domestics suck....peace im out<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: honda is still the king!!!

You import fans are all the same. You know what hondas are made for
    1. gas mileage
    2. realibility

Hondas are great cars but they need to stay what they were meant to be. Yes v-tech is an improvement but its no turbo. except for the s-2000, hondas need to fufill their role like taking kids to soccer practice and taking a trip to florida w/o spending $200000 woth in gas. Now if u wanna talk about power, ok buy a prelude for like 8 grand and buy a 5.0or 4.6 for 2-8 grand, put about 10k worth of mods and see who comes out. its plain and simple, the ford. Now, u ricers might like the sound of a muffler than sounds like a bumblebee on crack, or big wings or yellow stripes=12,000 hp, but stop dissing the focus, its a great for for the price, power and realibility.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: honda is still the king!!!

most smart people with civics go for the engine swap to the 1.8l integra engine. very smart way to start a slam on one. good start on a focus is a mustang throttle body and O2 sensor and the fuel pump from an f150. and the whole thing with vtec is it was just the firct big name. most cars now use hemispherical cylinder heads but they arent all called hemi's.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: honda is still the king!!!

hahahaha v-tec....hahahah oh shit now that is funny, how old is it again?

ever heard of VCT, guess not, or else u would cry.

Hmmm v-tec how about the integra gsr Dohc v-tec the oh so sout after engine becuz u bought the sucky car and want to do a engine swap...sounds about right huh?

Integra...170hp, 128lbs torque.
    Ford ZX2 S/R...150hp, 145lbs of torque

on the dyno the fords zetec engine with vct pushes the same torque TO THE GROUND as ur engine pushes at the fly wheel.

I laugh every time i beat a v-tec car...and i paid 14k for mine not some 19k+....i have never lost to a vtec n/a car to date. And i have a ZX2 S/R.

VCT is so much better has a flatter torque curve, ur cars suck i laugh each time i see one, and even laugh harder when i see one souped up, cuz i still kick their ass.

u guys know nothing about cars nothing at all, and if u knew anything u would know that the vtec is only good after speeds of 90mph and even then my vct keeps it at bay by being more than 3 car lengths ahead.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: honda is still the king!!!

You know I didnt mind people that had civics until I heard you bunch of dumbasses. Some of you were sayin that a civic would smoke a corvette, ya right. I saw a video of a civic beat a viper by maybe a foot, but that civic probably wasnt even a real civic,most likely had some engine from another car that has twin turbos with nos. Those cars are so gay and they make me sick. And there is no way you can say that the si is a great car because it isnt. What was it, 160 hp with 111 lbs. of torque, those torque numbers seem a little off. I beat an si in my durango on the freeway going speeds over 90, I actually hit 110 and the SIs v-tec wasnt doing it much good because I smoked him.

22. Re: honda is still the king!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwman</i>
    <b>umm let me see american cars r crap they will always be and anyone that knows about cars will say and imported cars are way better and the ford focus was the worst ford ever made, it is so ugly, so give it up.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

HAHAHA the focus the worst ford ever?? do some damn research before you start making posts that dont make any sense. the focus is on car and drivers top ten list and its the only car in its class to be there.

23. Re: honda is still the king!!!

Honda make great cars, but Ford do too (some of them)and this is definitely one of them. For all you guys out there who say this car sucks compared to a Honda have only to read Car & Driver's latest comparo!!<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: honda is still the king!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Str8upJDM</i>
    <b>Aight u fu*ckin domestics loves wtf is this...this car weights as much as ur mom....its #$%#in ugly..and wait a min. u say it has 183 ft/lbs of torque wut hell tha sucks this is tha most pathic domestic i have ever seen....like my boy Vic said just go home cuz u cant compete wit any import....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No I THINK U should go home becuase this so called "piece of shit" makes your honda look like a POS. it not only looks cooler but it dosen't need all those coffee can muflers to look cool and it does not neet NOS like your dumb hondas to run a 14 at the 1/4 mile. Man I hate dumb people. well then I hate Str8upJDM.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: honda is still the king!!!

ok buddy fnd a car fo 18,ooo that can beat this thenu can talk