How can ANYONE not like this??????

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by I AM GOD, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #176 ICEBLEU, Oct 16, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

really when u think about it is sad that they can get more out of a 2.6 skyline or a supra enginefor about the same price
    http://www.icebleu.tk

2. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

keep in mind, that the only reason the skyline gets more power than a viper in because the vipers' turbos only run 6psi, what do the skylines run 18-22psi on their turbos?

3. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

also keep in mind that all hennessey 800TT's come w/ 3 year 36000 mile warranty.

4. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

true, but my point is that the skyline gets most of its' power from a turbo, and the viper gets most of its power from the engine.

5. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

actually, it's only 5.4L bigger
    anyway, this argument is getting nowhere
    you say it's sad that a V-10TT only gets 800hp, but keep in mind, a regular skyline 2.6L twin turbo gets only 276hp.

6. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

and so is ineloquent and frankly stupid language. i believe you meant to say "stupidness is one of the worst sicknesses"

7. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

aha. the voice of reason.

8. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

Your'e a loyalist to dodge arent you? Your'e stupid, go to the misc forum

9. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

10. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

11. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

ok idiot boy, think about this for a second. You have just found a dodge loyalist, now that would be significant IF THIS WASN'T A DODGE FORUM, you stupid jackass. Where the hell else you gonna find a dodge loyalist in the Lambo forum? Why don't YOU go post in the misc section. Cuz they have plenty of idiots there you can talk to.

12. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

This car is great, but I liked more the Viper Stryker Twin Turbo... anybody know what happened to it? it was in this site...

13. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

The upgrade took place even BEFORE the MT test last year. It has always been on the car since all modifications took place. The Hennessey site lists the 800TT *engine package* SEPARATELY from the brakes, suspension, and aero upgrade. Take a look at the link for the 800TT package, and it says *nothing* about the huge-ass wing you see on this car. There's a reason for that.

Angus:
    Yes, the Lingenfelter 'Vette and AutoThority 996TT beat this car. But to claim it was by "much" is purely ignorant. Take a look at the gap between the 1st FOUR cars, all of which were driven by different drivers. And then look at the gap between 4th (the 800TT) and 5th (the much lighter, mid-engined MT900S). The cars it lost to were either
    1) equipped with ABS
    2) equipped with ABS and AWD
    3) tube-frame stripper kit cars weighing 1398 lbs LESS (LOL, the Beck Lister took 147.6 feet LONGER to stop than the 800TT. And its best 150-0 stopping distance was still 65.31 feet longer than the 800TT's worst.)

14. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

EVOTMEcrazy:
    It's easier to get high hp/l from a smaller engine than it is to get it from a much larger engine.

The 800TT is still stock beneath the heads.

15. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

we've already had a chat about that...

16. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

Can you scan it, or post a link to this article somewhere? How about a dyno chart? I'd like to see the torque curve on a 1000+ hp Skyline.

My point is: hp/l is a meaningless measurement unless you're in a country that taxes displacement or you're in a racing series where displacement is limited.

17. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

I love Lamborghini's and I love Mustangs... im not a hater and i say what is true... this viper kicks ass..i have to admit.. and everyone else that hates it just because of its maker or because they like chevy or something... You all know this car rocks.. good job Dodge...

18. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

he likes this car...that all that matters...
    i don't see what ur goin' off about.

19. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

he's going off cause some of us know that this car is not an amazing machine. If you want amazing machines, get a Dauer Le Mans or a Ferrari. This is not an amazing machine, its a drag racer. I know this guy John Force, i bet his mustang would own this thing. And if you argue that it doesn't count cause its not street legal, then the Dauer still beats it, and you know what's cool about the Dauer? IT CAN TURN!

Something to keep in mind with all of this is that no car is like MY toyota matrix. It is truly a rippin supercar

20. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

Can you show some proof that this Viper CANNOT turn?

21. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

well u see...
    every 1 in 'ere knows that this car ain't the best...
    but most of us prefer Vipers over Lambo, Ferrari and shit like that...
    and if ur sayin' this car can't turn...prove it!!!

22. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

here's proof that a viper can turn
    Skidpad:1.06g
    Braking, 60-0 mph:110 ft
    Slalom Speed:75.1 mph
    if the dauer can beat this please post some stats.

23. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

good to see...but were did u get that from...?

24. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

i got those statistics from fast-autos.net, and MOTORTREND magazine

25. Re: How can ANYONE not like this??????

ok...i went to your site...and i couldn't even find this car on there...?