How does this outrun a modern GT2?

Discussion in '1987 Porsche 959' started by kav, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Re: How does this outrun a modern GT2?

This car's heavier, so its quicker 0-60 time may have something to do with its gearing ratio(unavailable, of course), and its once-state-of-the-art 4-wheel drive, which gives some cars an edge in acceleration. In the long run though, this one's no faster than the gt2. But really, the gt2 should be able to beat the 4 sec run to 60. After all, it's a GT2.

2. Re: How does this outrun a modern GT2?

kinda dissapointing how the new gt2 is just a little bit better than this when this is 16 years old. dont get me wrong i love both cars but youd think i company like porsche could have improved a whole lot more by now.

3. Re: How does this outrun a modern GT2?

Well, the GT2 is about $70,000 less than this car cost, and it is being sold 10 years later. Porsche also sold all production 959s for a loss, just so they could race the thing. If a car cost $250,000 in 1987, it should be able to hang with a $180,000 car in 1997. If you're looking for state-of the art, wait for the Carrera GT, which is the closest Porsche has come to attempting a 959-type project in a decade.

4. Re: How does this outrun a modern GT2?

geez, Porsche achieved a 4 second zero to sixty 16 years ago, and now folks are getting on the GT2 for not being way faster.....just how much faster are street legal road cars supposed to get anyways?

If the 959 did 4.0 back in 1987 then a 2004 Porsche has to do it in 2.5 to be considered a good car? Is that it?

5. Re: How does this outrun a modern GT2?

i meant it to be more of a kudos to this car than dissing the gt2