How fast do these actually go?

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by nissanZboy, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Some of us have come to the understanding that no amount of insults will improve your cognitive abilities.

If the amount of power is the subject, this conversation is directly related. You say it's under-rated. I say bullsh*t...why? Ford hasn't to this date changed it's output rating. Why is that important? Because they have proved they will do it....and they have done it in the recent past. Are you following the logic now?........

2. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Again when have they changed the output rating of any of their cars...? Oh, that's right they haven't. They change it year to year if they bumped the hp power up on a car model, but that's it.
    The older mustangs, the 429 cobra jet I believe, was making somewhere around 100hp more then ford claimed, yet they never changed the hp rating of that car to the public. Why would they do so here?

3. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Oh yeah well I just bought a Honda XR 70R dirtbike and it weighs 130 lbs. and has 4.9 horsepower. Talk about a sleeper. Then again, with me on it its going to weigh 375+. Maybe I should soup it up to 10 hp. The torque is very good in 1st gear.

All of my friends have Honda 50s and they like to get drunk and ride that 2 horsepower 1 lunger beast.

4. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Ummm...so what...?

5. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Here, I will quote myself as you didn't read it the first time.....

...that's right....they HAVE.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's funny....

because Ford Motor Company in '99 uprated their PEM power plant from 45KW to 50KW.

....but they don't do that right?

...or in '96, when within three months of it's release, the Vulcan V-6 was re-rated from 130HP to 145HP.

.....but Ford never does that right? That was over 15 HP. LOL....15!

6. Re: How fast do these actually go?

What car was it?

7. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Taurus/Sable....

8. Re: How fast do these actually go?

I think I get it now. Apparently the Cobras listed 390 hp/torque is not at the flywheel. Its at the rear wheels. Thats the only way to get a 12.5 sec 1/4 mile with that car is to have 390 @ the ground. So obviously they rate them at the ground now.

9. Re: How fast do these actually go?

No.

10. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Well then they are seriously inconsistent with the power then. Which shows poor design quality.

11. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Get a f^cking clue before you speak from now on. Take any 100 cars from any company and dyno them, you will get different hp levels on all 100 cars no matter who makes the car. Also dynos are all different, take the same car to 10 different dynos, and you will get 10 different figures. Also weahter conditions play into the equation, as well as many other things.

12. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Interesting.....

...but yet you say the car is under-rated by a few dyno`s you have seen. Let`s think about this shall we?

I would be VERY surprised if FMC didn`t have a dyno room where they test their engines in controlled conditions, with the engine out of the car, and with no ancilliary systems.

I would also be VERY suprised if they didn`t come to a conclusion on power without collecting a lot of data.

At school, when we ran data for an ICE, we made three runs every five degrees. It took us the better part of three weeks to collect the data we needed for the lab, but I`ll tell you, in over 40 runs, we went beyond a standard deviation all of twice.

It is entirely possible when Ford went to tool the plant, the full production model came out better than their test models, but then again, that`s why the Vulcan was re-rated....

13. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Nothing like an intelligent response to brighten my day....

14. Re: How fast do these actually go?

It seems to be the only way to make you understand something, since it has to pass through a very thick biased skull, which leads to a small biased brain.

Every dyno I have seen has shown the cobra to be underrated. The only one that has not has been one in Car and Driver(I think) which was only a graph they made up themselves using fords claimed ratings, not using actual dyno numbers.

15. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Why would I need to go boards, when I see all this with my own two eyes at the tracks I frequent?

That's what I don't get....here you are going on about web-racers, but at the same time talking about experience? If that's not an oxymoron, I don't know what is.....

16. Re: How fast do these actually go?

There is no-one more biased for or against Mustangs on this site that you.

But then again...that happens when you're sixteen years old, and your dad's Mustang is the only sports car you've ever really driven....

17. Re: How fast do these actually go?

No no, theirs nobody more biased against them, like you are.

"But then again...that happens when you're sixteen years old, and your dad's Mustang is the only sports car you've ever really driven...."
    LOL...and we should believe you when the only thing your biased 14 year ass has ever driven is your brothers r!ced out civic with a skyline body kit on it...?

18. Re: How fast do these actually go?

You wish that were true.

If I really were only 14, I would be known throughout the world as a prodigy...lol.

19. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Your known through out these boards as a dumbass...lol...don't wreck your brothers r!ced out civic kid, he put a lot of money into it making it look like a skyline.

20. Re: How fast do these actually go?

So you are saying you are not 16? Yes or no? Were you lying?

21. Re: How fast do these actually go?

No, I'm not 16. Keep guessing...
    Hey tell your brother to keep that r!ce clean. You can't pimp 13 year old chicks with a dirty skyline wanna be...lol...

22. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Must be younger then...under pretext of your posts.

Don't have a brother...never did.

...And I understand your jealous....maybe one day you can afford something nicer than a standard GT too......

23. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Wrong again. Older. I'm guessing though you are around 14...maybe 15.
    I'm sorry about the brother comment...tell your cousin to keep his skyline wanna be civic clean...13 year old girls will be impressed when they see you riding around with him in some mall parking lot.

24. Re: How fast do these actually go?

LOL, as opposed to your Civic dressed like a Mustang GT! No wonder you're showing so much bias....you don't want anyone to know you're a civic owner! LOL!

25. Re: How fast do these actually go?

Nice try at a insult kid, but just rehashing what I said isn't going to cut it...lol...maybe when you hit 15 you'll be able to think up your own material. LOL...kids today.