How Ferrari spins (article/rant)

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by lucky strike, Feb 15, 2011.

1. It is a track car so the set up is part of the car.

I am convinced that Pagani sent a few engineers with it.

2. But those engineers, DAQ equipment, and setup tools arent what you get with the car.

3. fake and gay ferrari would never do soemthing like that

4. The question is who do you want him to kill?

5. nobody. I've just never been to Holland.

6. He says the Miata drives with all the precision of a boneless limb. I've NEVER heard anyone complain about the precision of the Miata's responses. Therefore, I am forced to conclude that he is lying (he really IS trolling us even though he says he isn't) or he's a complete cock who knows nothing about cars. You can make many complaints about the car (it's too clinical, too small, too slow, too common, too boring) but the responses aren't one of them. So why don't you try reading the article/rant I'm talking about, and discover his idiocy for yourself.

Yes, yes I have. He hid his lunacy very well. But

7. Oh I'm right here. Having fun watching some of you guys just gulping the bait without any considerations in terms of source criticism. If you make any further than high school you'll learn about this....

8. Maybe he's talking about the 3rd generation which, when released in the UK market, received pretty lukewarm reviews. Not just from Evo (reviewed by John Barker, I believe, and not Chris Harris) but from Autocar as well. They criticized the gearbox, the steering, the sound, the tricky on-limit handling and basically agreed it was a step backward in terms of interaction. Part of this may have been due to the setup, as Evo later tested one with factory-approved revisions (which probably points to Mazda's relative lack of interest in its press fleet vehicles compared to some other marques), but the old magic was still largely gone.
    In the UK, they have a larger array of great driving cars to choose from than, say, the US. The Miata is a great driver's car here, but there are hot hatches that deliver more driving thrills which is somewhat damning considering the relatively narrow scope of the Miata.

9. So I am liar ? I saw that truck with two lightened scuderia's full of track engineer just to go against a single road legal ZR1.

I still loves their cars but the way they control all around them makes me sick.

10. yeah hi, I'm one of the guys they sent to the track tests to make sure they did well. if you want specifics on what was changed I'd be happy to let you know.

11. +1

12. There's a big difference between optimizing performance and cheating.
    My brother and Mr. Harris are pretty much colleagues (both taxi drivers) so I know what's going on...

What dealership did you work for?

13. hahahahaha

If I'm buying a car from Ferrari, will they optimize it for me too everywhere I go so it's suited for the roads I'll be using?

It's obviously cheating.

14. do you work for ferrari or something?

15. Ferrari's fanboys are almost as pathetic as Ferrari lol.

16. #91 Guibo, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  17. so obv now you gotta spell it out.

18. #93 Sportscars have Italian names pronto, Feb 18, 2011
  19. He is using a can from Ferrari and a technician is watching him though...

edit: also note that despite the effort from the technicians from Ferrari it still came in third.

20. Ferrari cant even beat an energy drink company in F1, how are they going to beat other car companies in road tests without doing a little cheating?

21. Ferrari cant even beat an energy drink company in F1, how are they going to beat other car companies in road tests without doing a little cheating?

22. #97 Sportscars have Italian names pronto, Feb 18, 2011
  23. #99 Phanofmuzik, Feb 18, 2011
    I dont think anyone is claiming they make poor cars, only that theyre dishonest about their independent testing procedures.

24. A: The Ferrari was the fastest (read the article). Arguing with the lap timer is pretty stupid
    B: 911 GT RS = Pure track day car, 458 = allround supercar. They are comparing apples and bananas