How much does it weigh........????

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Everyone says that they know how much it weighs so I would like to know where you got the info. from. Someone said 3900lbs., but that was what the monaro weighs and this is a muscle car so they will likely reduce the weight. If anyone accually knows the exact weight give me a link.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: How much does it weigh........????

3616lb

3. Re: How much does it weigh........????

Where did you get this info.?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: How much does it weigh........????

It looks like it would weigh a lot. It wouldn't be a GTO if it didn't. I'd say somewhere around 4000 lbs. Have a nice day.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: How much does it weigh........????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranelloboy</i>
    <b>It looks like it would weigh a lot. It wouldn't be a GTO if it didn't. I'd say somewhere around 4000 lbs. Have a nice day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It doesn't have to be exactly like the old gto by weighing a lot, because the new camaros aren't anything like the old ones.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: How much does it weigh........????

My Explorer weighs 4000 lbs. This is about 3600 if I remember correctly. There have been a lot of appearences by this car in the big three mags lately, so its in there somewhere. My home PC is fried, so I will post the real # when I get the chance.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: How much does it weigh........????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sparetire</i>
    <b>My Explorer weighs 4000 lbs. This is about 3600 if I remember correctly. There have been a lot of appearences by this car in the big three mags lately, so its in there somewhere. My home PC is fried, so I will post the real # when I get the chance.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Are you sure this weighs 3600lbs., because isn't that how much the monaro weighs?<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: How much does it weigh........????

this shud be a good 2500-3500

9. Re: How much does it weigh........????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>this shud be a good 2500-3500</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I think that it will be atleast 3500lbs. just like you said.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: How much does it weigh........????

it doesnt matter. it's too heavy to compete against it's contemporaries.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: How much does it weigh........????

This thing will way exactley the same as the monaro why would they make it was less when you dont get any of the comforts of what the car has to offer.