How much is a McLaren F1 LM worth nowdays?

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by F50Fanatic, Jun 29, 2015.

1. #1 F50Fanatic, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    This is a n00b question, but I'm curious. I don't remember ever seeing one up for sale.

Ferrari 250 GTO easily fetches over $35 million nowdays. I'm not sure if the F1 LM is worth this much today, but I'm pretty sure it is worth well into the 8-figure range.

This McLaren F1 was sold for over $10 million.
    http://jalopnik.com/this-mclaren-f1-sold-for-10-5-million-1572303575

Based on this, my rough guess is a F1 LM is worth up to $25 million today.

Any better guesses?

2. It never raced so i doubt it

3. But it is a tribute to the F1 GTR which had done exceptionally well in racing.

4. #4 CeltaDriver, Jun 30, 2015
  5. ROwan Atkinson sold his regular F1 for £8m (~$12m) recently, so I'd go with the above post that a real LM would be over $20m

6. I'd guess about 18 to 21 million for a real LM. very well could be wrong but that'd be my best guess

7. How many times did he crash and rebuilt his F1? Like twice?

8. Twice I think. The most recent one detached the engine from the chassis. £900k insurance bill to put it back on the road, or something like that

Attached Files:

9. #10 sixspeedfirebird, Aug 14, 2015
  10. The LM owned by a local guy cost him more than $20m and that was back in 2014.

11. Did Hamilton not have some vager on getting one from Dennis for a Championship? Only a legend?

12. I heard the deal was he had to get two with McLaren

13. I think it was 3

14. Either way, Me left before he could manage it

Well, McLaren couldn't give him a competetive car - so they did him out of the deal

depends which way you look at it

15. Still, a good bet, legendary status.

F1 LM is the 250LM of our time.

16. All McLaren related questions can be answered by means of a peloton25 séance. Simply refer him by name 10 or 15 times in a thread, say McLaren f1 about the same number of times, and he's actually been known to appear.

17. i doubt even ghosts or legends can find this place anymore...