How much respect has this car earned over the years?

Discussion in '2002 Dodge Viper GTS Final Edition' started by Ace High, Nov 19, 2002.

1. It has had so many accomplishments (i.e. Le Mans winner, FIA GT2 winner, '92 and '96 Indy Pace Car, had its own tv show, and its own video game title, etc.) but people, ignorant people, still despise this car.

2. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

I would say A LOOOOOOT of respect.
    For those who know, more than what all Ferraris have throughout history.
    For me, enough to make it the best car ever built.

3. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

Um, one Le Mans victory isn't much. Mercedes and Ferrari and Porsche and even the little, no-names like Fabcar have more respect in the Le Mans world.

The "Viper" TV show was a total crock of crap (although I enjoyed it :p For the same reason I like FATF).

And Indy Pace car? Pfft, look at me, I'm a 400-HP car that goes 50 miles an hour around a track until they clean the debris off the field.

4. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

Uh, it wasn't just one Le Mans victory. Don't forget 24 Hours of Spa, Nurburgring, Daytona, 12 Hours of Sebring, ALMS, FIA GT, Belcar, One Lap of America, Open Track Challenge, Speedvision World Challenge GT, etc.

5. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

a whole crap load. in only 14 years it has become one of the most popular supercars in the world, you must have a LOT of respect to be that popular that quick. even though the MCF1, did it quicker, it was a whole shit load faster too.

6. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

This is one of the fastest and most beautiful cars in the world. Not to mention that it was originally supposed to be a dragster. I think that a car designed to go in a straight line that has beaten cars designed strictly for racing deserves LOAD of respect.

7. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

I love this car. Coolest Viper design!

8. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

my view is, if you cant afford it or any of its competitors, then dont bash it.

9. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

yeah, but then there would be no one bashing any cars here and that would take the fun out of this site. i like to take my anger out on the people that refuse to agree with me.

10. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

If this is the final edition of this version of the GTS, is it possible that a new version of the GTS is being built?

11. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

let's hope so. technically they have the new GTS out. it's the Competition Coupe, but unfortunately it's not street legal

12. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

Check out the SRT-10 for the next generation of Vipers

13. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

A LOTTA RESPECT
    ILL MISS THIS MACHINE

14. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

we all will. sob sob

15. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

The Vipers were a very welcome addition to the American car lineup which had herolded machines like the Vette, Stang, 'Maro/Firebird for soo long. It was nice to show the world that American muscle was still present and wouldn't be denied.

I definitely hope Dodge has plans for a new version of the GTS

16. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

the end of an era

17. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

For those who truly know, not anywhere near what all Ferraris have through history. And this coming from someone who isn't exactly a fan of Ferrari. It has earned its share of respect though.

18. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

To 'Ace High' and 'Guibo': You guys hit the mark. The Viper is all about sports. It rocked the Le Mans series, especially with teams like Oreca and, quite recently, Larbre Competition racing this car. But it's not over yet. Once DaimlerChrysler finds out how many people like us LOVE this car...it won't be going anywhere. Except, of course, in our driveways!
    Viper Rules the Street and Track!

19. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

Yes sir. I actually prefer this body to the new one. All its missing is an engine swap with the new powerplant, that would be beautiful.

20. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

that's a cool pic of the viper getting air

21. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

Thanks I tried very hard to get pix, and when I saw that one, I just had to put it up for the world to enjoy

22. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

Try 4 in a row, though not by the factory team.

23. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

i hate it when people come to forums and don't know crap when they post. makes me want to punch 'em.

24. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

I totally agree, some people are so stupid

25. Re: How much respect has this car earned over the years?

How much respect has this car earned? Enough to have people creating the most ignorant comparisons ever to see daylight (Viper vs. Ford Model T, anyone? Maybe Viper vs. F1 car?) and also enough to have morons coming in and slandering it. You don't get that much attention for no reason.