HSV vs. XR8

Discussion in '1998 HSV VT GTS 220i' started by hsvking, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: HSV vs. XR8

the hsv and the new ford xr8 are both good cars there both the same top speed and there good.

2. Re: HSV vs. XR8

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hsv lover</i>
    <b>the hsv and the new ford xr8 are both good cars there both the same top speed and there good.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->No stock Falcon XR8 has ever reached 255km/h yet.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: HSV vs. XR8

Ford's do have a limiter

4. Re: HSV vs. XR8

But there's no way the xr8 is as fast as this hsv, in any way.

5. Re: HSV vs. XR8

No Ford has ever gone over 250km/h I don't think, maybe the GTHO but other than that nothing, and Fords don't have limiters anymore, well the manuals don't anyway, not sure about the autos.

6. Re: HSV vs. XR8

The AU XR8 would be better compared to an SS, and they would be a lot closer than XR8 and HSV

7. Re: HSV vs. XR8

I agree the XR8 is better than the SS but the XR8 would come pretty close together but i think the HSV would beat the XR8 by a short way that's my opinion.

8. Re: HSV vs. XR8

wait till the BA XR8, i agree with the AUIII and VXII, i think SS and XR8 were overall very similar, but the BA will step up with it's new power to go with the 260kW HSVs

9. Re: HSV vs. XR8

no the 255kw hsv's, the xr8 can smoke pretty much any holden now(excluding ones which cost more thant $35 grand(GTO GTS) more) as of its lightweight design and large amounts of power. i believe it can beat the clubsport.

10. Re: HSV vs. XR8

no the 255kw hsv's, the xr8 can smoke pretty much any holden now(excluding ones which cost more thant $35 grand(GTO GTS) more) as of its lightweight design and large amounts of power. i believe it can beat the clubsport.its 260 kw by the way.

11. Re: HSV vs. XR8

The XR8 will be lucky if it can beat a Clubbie, let alone an SS.
    Its simple:

1. SS is quicker than Clubbie
    2. Clubbie has same power but lighter than XR8 so its safe to assume the Clubbie is going to be quicker.

12. Re: HSV vs. XR8

Just because the XR8 is getting more power doesnt mean you take it up to the next level to compare with Clubsports.

13. Re: HSV vs. XR8

xr8 hands down, bro

14. Re: HSV vs. XR8

xr8 hands down, bro

15. Re: HSV vs. XR8

XR8 get's whooped by the XR6 Turbo. They should be comparing the XR6 Turbo to the SS.

16. Re: HSV vs. XR8

in car magazines generally the cars get compared by price, not power.

thats why the new FPV GT / GT-P is compared to the Clubsport R8 because their price is similar.

However the GT is slower than the clubsport but has a softer ride which is probably the better alternative.

if FPV had a 90,000 car then it would be compared to the HSV GTS for example.

However car mags also do Power comparisons but most i've seen were price.