HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

Discussion in '2001 HSV VX2 SV300' started by Tickford5400, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

Aussie HSV, to clarify reffering to you as ignoarant, it was for your first sentence which I quote you saying "Holdens sound great, better than the ancient Windsor ford uses". With the windor, Inever said it was not built in the states, but I simply compared it to what holden have done with thier ls1 engine, done nothing to it and got it modified by callaway, where as Ford/Tickford strip down the windsor to the bare block and reass,ble it using locally sourced parts.
    As for licence, it was a typo. Kapish?

2. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

The Windsor engine is built in Windsor, Canada, right across the river from Detroit. I can see Windsor from my window...<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

Hmmmmmmm..
    well....I have to admit the LS1 does sound smoother...loses a bit of the V8 grumble, but still sounds sweet =)
    The Ford I find runs a bit too unsmoothe, sounds like engine gonna blow itself apart =)

BTW, Even if Holden does detune a lil, look @ the performance, still more than Ford engines. Also it's not strage for them to detune a lil since you have to remember this is still a "family sedan"...quite comparable to the M5..cept this probably doesn't handle as well.
    Sorry....I can't say that..never driven a Holden before.

Anywayz, I'm a GM supporter, so the LS1 is sweet..and who cares if the engine is from another comp..so are all Fords!!
    Look @ the new Jag X-type..hehe...it uses a damned Mondeo engine!!

DA PUN

<!-- Signature -->

4. if you want it to sound more grunty then the sound restriced muffler can go and stick a 3inch job on it and 4 or 5 inch pipe at the end.

and in my last post i said something on the GST (goods and service tax) i meet the HSV GTS.

5. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

Holdens sound great, better than the ancient Windsor ford uses. And I seem to recall reading a post by someone, saying that HSV's arent australian because the LS1 is a Chevrolet engine.. well.. did u conveniently forget to mention that the Windsor is also american?

6. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

Aussie HSV the ignorant morons likw you who know nothing are just going to keep popping up and way day im not going to bother defending the blue oval anymore. Why? Becasue they will hold thier own, by 2004-2005 at latest Ford Australia will be on top again.
    Windsor sounds 100 times better than that sewing machine sounding ls1. The whole LS1 engine is made by chevrolet and the only thing Holden ever did to it was detune it. Any power increase was done by callaway in connecticut USA. The windsor Ford Australia uses comes stock 175 kw fromt he states, everything else is done for ford by ford/tickford. It only leaves the block and the gt40P heads left that are american and probably a few little other internals which I am yet to know about.
    Seriously though get with it. Once you drive both cars come back and spin your BS. Ohh thats right, You probably don't even have your Liscence.

7. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

If i didnt have my licence, would it matter? No.. but hey, at least i can spell it correctly. I fail to see how im an ignorant moron.. you just admitted that the Windsor is American.. you made my point for me. Thanks. Nuff said.

8. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

Thats right Big Rob. SO any dieas what will hapen to the windsor plant now as they have ofically ceased production of the windsor to make way for the Modular V8? I guess it will probably be like the Cleveland ohio plant but still the windsor plant is so close to Michigan so you would think they would keep building other enignes there purely for proximity reasons.

9. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

The new HSV engine has got to be the best stock sounding engines I have heard . One drives past my house evey day and you can here him strapping the shit out of it coming up the hill from a bloody mile away . Only a V8 sends a tingle down ya spine like that !!!!

10. That's great

That's all very well Mr Ozzie V8, but what do you do when you are trying to sleep and that FUCKING wanker is roaring past at full noise in his oversized bubble car ? You'd probably make a mess in your bed "oh god, the bubble car :D~~"
    Moron.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: That's great

Not you again subaru boy , at least this car doesn't sneaze every time you change gears you poof . go and chat with the jap car boys
    and
    brag about how you have an 89 liberty !!!! the jokes on you mate
    "OOOhhh but I have 4wheel drive " soft soft soft real cars are rear wheel drive F1 , indy cars , V8 supercars lemans cars.

If I wanted traction I would take the #$%#in train !

12. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

how do you clarify what sounds like a v8, one that has a ford 5 litre or one that has a holden 5.7 litre. holdens are the only cars that come close to sounding like a true v8 of the muscle car era
    P.S ford never made it to the big show in europe. holdens got exported to europe while ford got exported out of the factory. who sounds better now *****.

13. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

the holden V8 sounds #$%#en nice and the HSV ones well you cant beat that sound even though when they are "Cruising" they are not the loudest of all the v8s but give the loud pedal a stab and you will roar off in a cloud of smoke (from the tires not the exaust like the fords) and also MrOzzieV8 are you in ozzie? as i have a jappa that will take on any standard v8! its turbo but dont sneeze! its called a Blow off valve! v8s do rule but i still respect the jappas

14. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

falcon engine has a better power spread and is more accessible

15. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

unless every automotive jouranislt is deaf, or I have a reading dissaorder, why is it that every magazine loves the sound of the windsor and the same not applied with the ls1. <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford5400</i>
    <b>unless every automotive jouranislt is deaf, or I have a reading dissaorder, why is it that every magazine loves the sound of the windsor and the same not applied with the ls1. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Not a clue, Tickford5400<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

The windsor and GenIII can't compare note to a BOSS 280. i know someone who drives this car, and it sounds like someone put a big muffler on a Daihatsu. It doesent have any character.

18. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

It has nothing to do with the engine. It is just the exhaust fitted to the car. Note how a VTII SS sounds totally different to a VYII Clubsport. Same engine but with different exhaust.

19. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

its actually got a lot to do with the exhaust. the firing order of the gen3 is different to most v8s so it sounds different. also the exhausts on them until recently were very restrictive but hsv now has a pretty good sounding note on its cars

20. Re: HSV's don't sound like V8's (bull shit)

Which is what I basically just said.