I cant believe its american

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Solstice Roadster Concept' started by nicktraffic, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I cant believe this is an american car, I though that US cars had big unefficient V8s and I did expect this to have one, it looks cool too.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: I cant believe its american

im actually impressed by this

3. Re: I cant believe its american

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nicktraffic</i>
    <b>I cant believe this is an american car, I though that US cars had big unefficient V8s and I did expect this to have one, it looks cool too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, not bad for a 2.2L. But, even the V8's that are in American cars aren't inefficient.

4. Re: I cant believe its american

I donŽt speak english very well, excuse for that reason.
    All I have to say is that this cars is american, but the engine isnŽt.
    The ecotecs engines are from europe, and I thik those engines are one of the best GM engines.

5. Re: I cant believe its american

first off, UNIVERSO posted a pic of the Opel Speedster just above my post. Thats what I've heard for the past 2 years that GM was going to bring over to N.A as pontiac. But I guess that changes now with this 'Solstice'
    I love the car, except for the high back end...ew...
    i don't know what I prefer thou, solstice, or the speedster...
    i just hope one of them has production plans in North America within the next couple of years<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: I cant believe its american

This car looks cool the Potiac division of GM is really driving exitment now. They need to do the ssame for the Z24 now that motor would make it cook<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: I cant believe its american

Of course I prefer the pontiac solstice than opel speedster.
    I like both
    The speedster donŽt have a supercharger and itŽs even good in 0-60 time (5.5 seg.), it has the same engine (145 hp).
    But the solstice whit the supercharger have 240 hp, I thick that this car are going to run much than s2000, opel speedster and dodge razor.
    Sorry about my english...

8. Re: I cant believe its american

Well it is hard to believe that this car is American. It looks pretty nice, but I think it could have just a tad bit more power. I don't mean to freakin power the thing up to the limits, but it would be a blast with a tinch of power. It looks real nice though, I am very impressed with Pontiac. Nice that they finally got rid of that damn automatic. Hard to buy Pontiacs with stick these days. Cya in my rear view

9. Re: I cant believe its american

wow, what can i say...beautiful...is this the same pontiac that designed the aztec? heh, now pontiac would be doing something smart and bold to release this beast into production, i think it would sell better than the "category busting" aztec. i think it would be a filler for the absence of a sports car after the execution of the F-body.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: I cant believe its american

I must say that I am intrigued by this car. I just hope that this is not the replacement for the f-body that Pontiac is going to use. If so they are going to need to power it up a little more. However the independent rear is a very nice touch and I am stoked to see that they put the same tranny in there that they use in the Vette and the current f-bodies. This thing should have some mad top end...the 6th gear ratio is .50...that is nuts.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: I cant believe its american

Nice look, nice rims and great great engine (only the rear isn't very pretty but...). Of course it has only 240 hp but for an inline-4 supercharged, it's good. The use of such a little engine would bring a gain in weight and improve performances.
    A great roadster.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: I cant believe its american

What's wrong with big unefficient V8's? Why would anyone want a 195 cubic inch piece of s*** inline 4? And don't say you would, I've already figured that out.

13. Re: I cant believe its american

I'm guessing this car is targetted to a more of an import audience, and people who think V8's are overweight gas-hogs. If this car sells for around $25k or less, I can see it making GM money.

14. Re: I cant believe its american

the roadster will be 20k!! they will make a fortune if they put this into production. . . and if ya ask me. . .you guys are classifying this thing all wrong. . think of it more as a mini-vette. . .they need something to bridge the gap between sedans and sports cars. . . other companies have been competing in this hi performance roadster class for years, now its time for an american car, thats a better value to enter the ring. . .this thing will be competition for s2000's, boxsters, slk's,.. .maybe m roadsters? <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: I cant believe its american

I think that the car looks great but i do have some critacism. First off, i think that they should have set the seats furterer back like the BMW Z28, it could just be me but i like the "go kart" style driving. Also, did the steal the front of this thing from a Lotus or what? Other that those two comments i think tha it looks great.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: I cant believe its american

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nicktraffic</i>
    <b>I cant believe this is an american car, I though that US cars had big unefficient V8s and I did expect this to have one, it looks cool too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->america isn't the only place where big inefficient engines are made and american engines aren't all to big the corvette runs a smaller engine than the diablo. this car is great looking and fast 240 HP 2400-2500 lbs (as quoted by car and driver) that allows for incredible acceleration 0-60=4.7 seconds 1/4 mile= 13.2and it will get excelent fuel economy because of its smal size

17. Re: I cant believe its american

the ecotech is an american eingine but the idea is off the european eingines. the block and all the parts are made in america cept the electronics. <!-- Signature -->

18. Re: I cant believe its american

<b>I cant believe this is an american car, I though that US cars had big unefficient V8s and I did expect this to have one, it looks cool too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Thats just a stupid stereotype.
    american cars are up there with everyone else. People who think that all american cars are big things with huge engines are not too bright.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: I cant believe its american

I think that its crap that everyone stereotypes american cars as huge, inefficient etc. GM cars are up there with all other car companies. If Gm does produce this, its gonna be huge money maker

20. Re: I cant believe its american

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mako</i>
    <b>I think that the car looks great but i do have some critacism. First off, i think that they should have set the seats furterer back like the BMW Z28, it could just be me but i like the "go kart" style driving. Also, did the steal the front of this thing from a Lotus or what? Other that those two comments i think tha it looks great.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

dont you mean the bmw z8 the z28 is a camaro

21. Re: I cant believe its american

I'd rather have a Cobra than this thing...

22. Re: I cant believe its american

The problem with unefficent V8's are that thier unefficient. An efficient V8's are better than unefficient. If it wasn't, GM wouldn't be taking big strides to making highly efficient engines now. (The ECO-Tech, the new V8 there working on thats as narrow as a 4 and more efficient, and the new V12 thts as wide as a 6 and only runs on 12 cylynders when the engine needs to.)

The U.S. needs to make efficient engines now, or theyll become extinct. There will come a point when fueling the car is extremly expensive, and if that happens when there still trying to make 500CI engines, they will go the way of the Dinosour.

23. Re: I cant believe its american

The problem with unefficent V8's are that thier unefficient. An efficient V8's are better than unefficient. If it wasn't, GM wouldn't be taking big strides to making highly efficient engines now. (The ECO-Tech, the new V8 there working on thats as narrow as a 4 and more efficient, and the new V12 thts as wide as a 6 and only runs on 12 cylynders when the engine needs to.)

The U.S. needs to make efficient engines now, or theyll become extinct. There will come a point when fueling the car is extremly expensive, and if that happens when there still trying to make 500CI engines, they will go the way of the Dinosour.

24. Re: I cant believe its american

yea it does look cool