I can't believe this is a Ferrari

Discussion in '1969 Dino 246 GT' started by OzyF1, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: I can't believe this is a Ferrari

what the heck is wrong with you guys????? has the fact that this is a 60s car completely manage to escape your attention????i mean...i hate to think that you guys are comparing this to those gas guzzling big bored v8 powered muscle cars in america. i hope not. Mind you that the bhp per liter is still better than most of the cars out there NOW. 195hp from a 2.4L v6 is amazing compared to the v6s now.

2. Re: I can't believe this is a Ferrari

Yeah, it may only have 195 hp, but in a car from the sixties with a small displacement and a weight of a mere 2400 pounds, the thing could scoot. Also, this isn't a Ferrari. At least not by technicality. The Dino's were not badged as ferraris, but rather, they say "Dino" instead where you would expect to see the prancing horse. It was badged as a Dino to Commemorate Dino Ferrari, who died shortly after designing this car with his father Enzo. There are no ferrari badges or insignia on the car, so you cant truly call it a ferrari.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: I can't believe this is a Ferrari

It is a Ferrari- designed and built by Ferrari, it was even sold as a Ferrari from Ferrari dealerships with Ferrari badging (see the other threads for more details) The current Lotus Elise has 170HP, and is one of the finest handling cars in the world. Take a good look at the full performance data on this car (including slalom, skidpad, and track times), and then compare to anything else on the market at the time. It may not have ben *the* best car available in 69, but I think you'll find it near the top of the list.

4. Re: I can't believe this is a Ferrari

It ain't about horsepower. It's about balance, engineering and aesthetics. The Porsche 356 C has a mere 77 hp but until you have driven 77 perfectly accessible horsepower in a balanced tight chassis you won't know what that 77 horses can do.

5. Re: I can't believe this is a Ferrari

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DANVM</i>
    <b>I can't believe it either. Ferraris should be nice, fast, european musclecars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->are you one of those people that think the only "real" ferraris are the 360 modena and the f50?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: I can't believe this is a Ferrari

Granted the HP and toque is a bit low, but it's a 1969 150 c.i. V6. Even though it is a Ferrari, give 'em a break.

7. Re: I can't believe this is a Ferrari

I can't believe it either. Ferraris should be nice, fast, european musclecars.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: I can't believe this is a Ferrari

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DANVM</i>
    <b>I can't believe it either. Ferraris should be nice, fast, european musclecars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

there is no suchthing as a "european musclecar" but i know what you mean.

9. this car kicks ass