I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

Discussion in '1958 Lotus Elite' started by Hyundai1.6L, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

Slow?? Try beat it round the racetrack!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

this car does 0-60 in 11 seconds!!!! any car could beat it on the racetrack

3. Re: I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

exactly. it's WAAAAAAAAAAAY under powered, but whatever. At least it can reach 60 MPH!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

Depending on which version of the Coventry unit you got depended on the HP. It varied between 75-105. There was also a choice of transmission either the ZF unit or the unit from the MG.

This car was not slow in its time. It won many races in its class all over the world in GT racing
    <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from screwamericancars</i>
    <b>this car does 0-60 in 11 seconds!!!! any car could beat it on the racetrack</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why comment on things you dont know anything about! My advise is to comment things you Do know soething about!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

Ya this car would fly around a track with lots of curves.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

Thats right! And remember it's from 1963!!! 1963!! If you have ever driven a car like this around the track, fitted with a 145 bhp Coventry Climax engine, you know what i am talking about! Try to keep up!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

the quintessential weekend car club or SCCA racecar...

9. Re: I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

At the end of the day this out classed by it's modern rivals but it was and still is a fantastic car. Owning one is owning a piece of automotive history.

10. Re: I don't care how slow it is this car kicks ass

Jupp! It's very expensive too! In europe a mint example goes for aprox. 60,000 punds!
    The ELite is a masterpiece in design, and engineering!

11. Re: ...

its worth every pound!