I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by SL55 AMG, Sep 27, 2002.

1. I don't get this figures!! how could this car do a 0-60 in 3.9 sec? for exemple the CLK GTR has 600+ HP and do it 3.6 sec? I'm 100% sure that these figures are wrong!

2. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

these figures are right, it's not all about hp, the CLK may have some extra ponies, but the Vettes have bean perfecting power for years to come up with this combo

3. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

These are 100% correct! HP doesn't mean much in acceleration. It's the low end torque.

4. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

It's 100% correct.

5. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

thank god someone said that

6. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

ok thank you that's all i wanted to know...
    I didn't mean any offense i was just surprised...

7. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

No it's not. 3.9 seconds was never achieved. Car and Driver got a 4.0 0-60 launch. They said that the 3.9 seconds was attainable using clutchless shifting. In recording 0-60, you are supposed to use the clutch. Nonetheless, 4.0 is very good.

8. #8 bob777, Sep 29, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

www.zo6vette.com has gotten 3.9 sec before.

9. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

Just because Car & Driver didn't get 3.9 sec doesn't mean it can't be done.

10. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

yeah whatever,,that's not the difference that i wanted to know...0-60 in 4 sec and 0-60 in 3.9 sec....4 sec is already surprising...anyway that doesn't make the car the dream car you all talk about...even if it has this acceleration , i bet that on rain it won't be maneouvrable...
    German cars at least have excellent traction control...not to mention that they're luxurious...

11. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

Don't gustimate or estimate what the Zo6 is capable of. Often the Zo6 is compared to much more expensive and technologically advanced cars, and yet it still does more than hold it own.

12. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

the z06 is one of the best vettes eva built if not the best alongwith the zr1, it outhandles many imports for the third of their prices and it is extremely reliable.Plus it is an maerican legend. don't forget it guys.

13. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

I think you need to get out of this forum and go study this car, because it DOES have traction control, AND it is luxurious!

14. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

i dont know if your her svsi viper, but its CLUTCHLESS SHIFTING, you could go ahead and do that all day long and get 3.9, but i wouldn't recomend it

15. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

Car and Drivers said that they could make 0-60 runs in 4 sec all day long. They also said that though they never made it in Chevy's claimed 3.9 sec, that it definitely coud be done. All be a mute point in 04'.

16. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

Not only does this car have traction control, it has a very sophisticated active handling sytem. The car's computer senses any over/understeer condition and selectively applies the breaks to individual wheels.

Both of those sytems together are especially helpful when driving in the rain.

17. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

Your also 100% DUMB!!!

18. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

you might be smarT? huh?
    silly people...it might have traction control and all, but it isn't as good as a german traction control, and all the electronic stuff available in a german car...

19. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

Every Euro car magazine I have read (evo, car, top gear) where they test a Caddy they have praised the traction control. Evo said that it was the best traction control they have ever used in a test of the caddy STS. That traction control system is the same one used in the Z06. Also the CLK GTR to my knowledge being basiclly a race car did not have traction control.

20. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

who's comparing the Z06 to the CLK-GTR?? i'm comparing it to series car...are you so dumb to compare the Z06 to a CLK-GTR?? don't tell me that you would take a Z06 over the CLK-GTR..damned the car has only 25 examples!! you're comparing a chevrolet to it???

21. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

"and all the electronic stuff available in a german car"

Electronic stuff?? LOL, yah man, you REALLY know what you're talking about.

22. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

dammit. its getting really hard to hate vettes when they have such good performance. id still take a skyline, but this is a damn nice car. well done chevrolet.

23. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

You're so stupid...I could name all the electronic 'Stuff" , but it would only take time...just to bother myself...
    ABC active body control
    AAN active anti noise..
    ADS adaptive damping system
    APS auto-pilot system ( research)
    ASR automatic slip control
    BAS break assyst system
    DRG dynamic route guidance
    EHB electro hydrolic brakesystem
    EBC electronic Break COntrol
    ESP electronic stability programme
    ETS electronic traction system
    PTS parktronic system
    VTG variable turbocharge geometry

and a lot more, i won't explain each expression it would take a lifetime....

satisfied now??

24. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

aren't ya jaleous of american cars?

25. Re: I don't get it !! how come 0-60 is in 3.9 sec?

What car are you talking about? I understand most of those systems, but, other than the auto-pilot and active noise control, there dosen't seem to be anything on there that's too impressive (read, not found in many other cars). I don't know what variable turbocharge geometry is, but I'm guessing that has something to do with automatically adjusting boost maybe?? Dosen't the SL55 AMG have a supercharger? Just wondering if that's the car you were taking about.

Anyway, it dosen't matter because you can name all these systems all day long, but if you don't know how effective each system is then there's no point in telling us about it. Thanks for being more specific though.....sounds much better than "electronic stuff" LOL