I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary' started by I AM GOD, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I hope I am. But I have a source who just informed me that GM bought Hyundai and to save money they might even make the next Camaro based off the God-Damn Tiburon! Please let me know what you think and if you know anything of it. Oh sweet Jesus I hope I'm wrong!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b>Please correct me if I'm wrong and I hope I am. But I have a source who just informed me that GM bought Hyundai and to save money they might even make the next Camaro based off the God-Damn Tiburon! Please let me know what you think and if you know anything of it. Oh sweet Jesus I hope I'm wrong!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I didn't hear this, but if it is just the platform based off the hyundai, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be fwd. The reason I know this is because Ford was considering at first to use the focus platform for the next generation of mustangs (which is actually a very advanced platform), but they scrapped that for the one from the LincolnLS.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

I certainly hope the next platform is based off a classic look.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

I READ sum bullshit about the future of Camaros. You won't believe me but it won't change anything anyway. I read that when Camaros come back, they will most likey have four doors & more luxury styling. The second set of doors will be almost invisible much as the concept of the new Dodge Chargers (I think they have that car at this site go look at the 4 doors)
    I don't like the idea of a 4 door sports car with 4 full seat. More luxury in the inside would be nice instead of the plastic look.

5. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

No, that is the Chevrolet SS concept.
    Yes, it is a descrase to the SS badge to make a 4 door SS car, however it is not as bad as if it was a Camaro Concept.

I am dissapointed with the way GM is turning. The MonteCarlo SS is a nice car for example, and the 3800 is an excelnt engine, however still unworthy of the SS badge.
    The SSR is a great looking truck, and one might think it would be fast (SuperSportRoadster). Sounds fast right? Not really with under 300hp in a 4600lb car even the GrandPrix GTP will lay the smack down on it.
    Right now all cars with the SS badge do not offer a manual transmission! WTF?

6. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

Dose anyone have an idea when the Camaros are coming back what year. caues i hear 2004 and 2008 and 2010 if any one know whats going on can some on let me know thanks

7. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

There are a lot of rumors everywhere. I read somewhere that they were planning on bringing the Camero back with styling of the Beretta. I own and like my Beretta, but WTF? Camero has WAY better looks. Good thing it is just a rumor!

8. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

i don't think(i could be wrong) but gm doesn't own hyundai but daewoo. so i don't think gm is going to go that direction, but since gm might be buying fiat and with it ferrari, wouldn't that be something, ford tried to buy it and couldn't, now gm doesn't want to and it might be forced in to it. ahh well. its a crazy world

9. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

The Camaros and Firebirds are not going to be replaced by the Berretta, Tiburon or even a Turbo Cav. Pontiac is bring the GTO back from the grave and will lead as GM's new Muscle car. As far as Chevy having a Muscle car I'm not sure but the GTO IS coming back.

10. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

Actually the SSR has 330 hp.

11. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

Don't worry. GM didn't buy Hyundai, unless it was in the last 2 days and my very reliable sources haven't told me anything yet.

12. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

Get off your knees

13. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

no gm is not buying hyundai. you ARE WRONG. gm might be buying an engineering division of masseratti, but no shitty ass hyundai! and to add, gm will bring back the camaro in a couple of years when their sales drop in that area, and it will be a sweet ass car!!!!

14. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

R&T did a small article on the F-body replacement. It said the car would be the new "GTO" as was stated earlier. It should be based on an Australian car that GM owns, or has some conection to. I think the AUS car is called a Holgen or something like that. I can look it up if its critical.

15. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

I read that the camaro will be back shortly, following the footsteps of ford and replacing the pushrod engine with a modular engine with 350cid. The camaro will be based off of the 1998 firebird and will sport heads up display. GM will increase the HP of the base vette to around 360 in order to bump up the power of the camaro to 340. GM says that it will continue to overpower the GT mustang and will cost even less.

16. #16 selectmotors, Dec 5, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

Out with the old and in with the new?

Why not go back to the first gen look?

http://selectmotors.net

17. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

whats the base base price 4 one of these?

18. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

a friend told me that he saw that the new Camaro will have a new engine something that starts w Z and it will have 750 hp. It sounds to good to be true

19. #19 Isaias4u2, Jan 16, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

well yes my good friend a new camaro is comming out it's being made with the factor of putting some of the classic look into it if you whant to see pic it's here!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/mylego0/camarotvspot.html

so here you have it when ever I hear more I will lett you know!!!

long live camaros!!!!!

american muscle #1!!!!!

20. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

Oh god no! That better not be it. I have never HATED the look of any Camaro, except that one. But it looks like someone did that with Flash, and I doubtit would have that small of headlights.

21. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

I dont know about the camaro,I wasn't sure if it was coming back, but the new vette will have close to 400 hp and the Z06 will have to , if not 500hp, based on the V-16 concept.Cut the 13.6 litre V-16 in half and you get a 6.8 litre V-8.This way it can compete with the Mustang SVT Cobra as well as the Dodge Viper.

22. Re: I heard some bullshit about the next gen Camaro!

Your`e wrong.2002 was,sadly,the last year they made the mighty Camaro.