I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so high, y

Discussion in '2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S' started by 550WOLVES, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

Unrespectable?????
    Man what the hell are u on 3.4 in not unrespectable, although is not the fastest thing on earth but its still damn fast<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

you are right, even if this site is right and it does this 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, i would like to see many cars come close to this, stock... but traction is an issue, so it really cant go much faster than this... wanna see it go faster? forget DOT drag slicks put a set of top fuel dragster slicks on it, see how fast this thing can accelerate... on second thought, those would probably be too heavy... but its a fun idea.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

I hope you folks can read. Koenigsegg have some own facts about their car, and they have never said anything else about times to 0-100 km/h or 0-62 mph. So please read this:

Acceleration:0-100 km/h, 0-62 mp/h under 3.5 s
    Top speed:390 km/h, 240 mp/h
    Quartermile time:10 sec, end speed 217 km/h
    Lateral G:1.15 G
    Braking distance:100-0 km/h 35 meters
    Dry weight:1,170 kg
    Aerodynamic Cd value:0.30 with down force

4. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

Not quite sure how up to date your stats are movit, but here are some from the April issue of Evo magazine in England, where they had an extensive interview with Christian von Koenigsegg.

Engine: "40% Ford Cobra, 60% Koenigsegg, claims the boss."
    4600cc
    Aluminium alloy, dohc per bank, 4 valves per cylinder
    655 bhp
    553 lb/ft

Gearbox : 6 speed sequential OR
    6 speed Cima manual (CvE describes the sequential as "raw")

Weight: 1100kg (That's 606bhp/tonne! The McLaren F1 had 551bhp/tonne)

Performance : 0-62 mph : 3.2 sec(claimed)
    Top Speed : 245 mph(claimed) Though they think 248mph

Price : £300000

Oh, and the traction control's got a launch system! How cool is that?!

5. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>Top speed: 240 mph

You think, WOW! Really fast.

0-60: 3.4 s

You think, what the #$%#? It's ok but not decent enough to match its' top speed.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I'll use an actual road test from Motor Trend to prove you wrong here. The Viper TT tested posted the following stats with regular street tires:
    0-60 3.21s
    1/4 mile 10.71 seconds (3500rpm launch)
    That was with 833hp and 902lb-ft torque. 0-60 times depend largely on tire selection and the resulting "launchability" of such a powerful car. With the same engine and some stickier racing slicks, the exact same car could be launched @ 5400rpms to 60mph in
    2.43 seconds
    1/4 9.99sec
    Hmmm, I'm gonna guess that Koenigsegg probably doesn't put short road life racing slicks on their cars when they do tests, being as they certainly don't then sell the car with those same tires. The CC has 180hp and 350lb-ft less than the drag-ready Viper in this test. Being as the CC is made largely from carbonfiber, and hence still has a great power to weight ratio, I would bet it could easily grab a -3 second 0-60 time with the right driver. It also has superior aerodynamics to pull in such a great 1/4 and top speed. You are dismissing a fantastic car on the basis that it wasn't given the special equipment required to lay down an ungodly 0-60 time. You should hang out w/ the guy on the Bugatti forum who claimed that with 1000hp the car should do over 300mph. "What do you mean, PHIS-IKS?"

6. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>Ok, you guys just don't get it do you?

0-60 in 3.4 s, then they claim the quarter mile in 10 s?

Anybody else see something wrong with this?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->maybe the gearation on the first 3 gears or so are very highend?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

I don't know about the rest of you but I CERTAINLY could live with 3.4 sec. Would beat anything else I might come across on the street. Think the first thing I'd do is take it on the interstate and blow by a speed trap at 160 mph.

8. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

I got a few words for 550 wolves ur a #$%#ing idiot. You are saying that 3.4 isn't respectable while u also say your prelude has 5.2. Notice that that is a 2 second difference, and do you realize how much more power you need to knock off those 2 seconds? And if this isn't a respectable 0-60 than why the hell doesn't everyone have a car with a 0-60 like this????<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

<b>No I'm serious, it should nail under 3.0 s.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well if it isn't good enough for you go and complain to the company! You think that just because a car has heaps of horses that it easily achieves quick 0-100km/h times? Look at american muscle cars, they aren't exactly ball bustingly quick in acceleration but for their horsepower they get very good top speeds. You damn Ferrari lovers really piss me off struting your crap around on to other cars by saying they're not as good as a ferrari or they aren't as quick as a ferrari... IMO Ferraris are shit, they are a huge rip off, they don't look that great and they sure as hell don't sound that good either.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

Ok you know what? It's perfectly acceptable to post your own opinion and thoughts about a car and another's comments regarding the car but cut the damn insults. Seriously, a bunch of you sound like jackasses. I was providing opinion and continue to stick with it. Don't like it? Fine, but don't go mouthing people you f@cks.

I still don't believe that the car can do that quarter mile at such an astonishing rate from a 3.4 second 0-60. The car can't just "rocket" like that and make up that distance in 6.6 seconds. It's just not plausible.

11. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

It's called traction, once it gets going fast enough, more power can be put to the ground!!! thats why it can run such a "slow" 0-60 and run such a quick quarter.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: My ass looks better than this car

The traction is the main issue, there's too much wheel spin, but once the car gets going, it can make the astonishing 10second 1/4 mile. So it is plausible

13. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

Man ya must own a NASA rocket if this isnt enough for you...........<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

Man all you who are saying "he doesn't think this is enough acceleration" really don't understand what he is saying. He explained it again but people don't want to listen they just want to rant! 0-60@3.4 is slow for a car that does the quarter in 10 flat. To accelerate to 60 in 3.4 seconds and then take 6.6seconds to go to 137 wich is an additional 77 mph faster is a hell of alot.

Now explanations have been given like hook up, wheel spin, tire compound and superchager delay. I don't know if that is the reason but if those numbers are right that ***** halls ass over 60 mph!

For those BONE HEADS out there I am not saying this car is slow!
    <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

to get the top speed up so high u have to have a big gap between gears so it takes longer to get into 2nd to reach 60

16. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

they might have made this for the speed only... the ones made for the quarter mile are specialy designed this just looks like a mclaren / lamboghini

17. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

QUOTE FROM UltimaCanAm:

Man all you who are saying "he doesn't think this is enough acceleration" really don't understand what he is saying. He explained it again but people don't want to listen they just want to rant! 0-60@3.4 is slow for a car that does the quarter in 10 flat. To accelerate to 60 in 3.4 seconds and then take 6.6seconds to go to 137 wich is an additional 77 mph faster is a hell of alot.

Now explanations have been given like hook up, wheel spin, tire compound and superchager delay. I don't know if that is the reason but if those numbers are right that ***** halls ass over 60 mph!

For those BONE HEADS out there I am not saying this car is slow!

THANK YOU BUDDY! Finally, someone understood what I was trying to say rather than interpret it the wrong way again. Exactly what he said, I don't think the car is slow but it's too unbelievable to be able to achieve stats like that. It's too unbalanced.

18. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gurra</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from KoenigMan</i>
    <b>I think the only reason is because it is... SWISS!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are you stupid or something? This baby is all SWEDISH!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I second that...

-svenska bilar rockar-<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

Maybe he thinks Switzerland is Sweden!

20. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EvilNinjaMoby</i>
    <b>0-60 in 3.4 and you think thats ONLY okay.... hahahhh a lay off the video games</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hahahaaa couldnt say it better! <!-- Signature -->

21. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

Btw the acc time is wrong

This car acc from 0-62 mph =3.4 sec and 0-60=3.2

<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

550 r u dumb? 0-60 in 3.4 would almos snap u neck in two its a super fast time, yeah givenit aint the best but it doesnt matter its still an amzing car! o yeah can i have ur peice of sht honda so i can run it over with my uncles wrx thats suoped up and does 0-60 in 4.7? RETARD<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 6sic6 Mclaren</i>
    <b>550 r u dumb? 0-60 in 3.4 would almos snap u neck in two its a super fast time, yeah givenit aint the best but it doesnt matter its still an amzing car! o yeah can i have ur peice of sht honda so i can run it over with my uncles wrx thats suoped up and does 0-60 in 4.7? RETARD</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->More like his Pinto. I bet he doesn't have a WRX idiot! Go back to school kid.

24. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

This car is junk eh? I'll second that, once you build one that doubles each of this cars performance numbers(or halfs them in some cases).

You #$%#ing idiot.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: I just don't understand why they can get the speed up so hig

Besides, 3.6 is still fast as shit! 550 you have a lot to learn about cars buddy. Just becuase a car doesn't have a quick 0-60 time doesn't mean it can't have a huge top speed. The gearing could be totally different. Start from low to high or whatever. Seriously! Your all up in the Escudo Pikes Peak forum talking about how freakin great you can get 10000000000mph over a computer glitch on GT3! So you've played the game, you can adjust your gears! You claim that GT3 is so realistic then why did you ask a rhetorical question? But still 3.5 is not a slow 0-60 time!<!-- Signature -->