I love this car

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by bigrob, Aug 10, 2002.

1. It will not be the fastest thing on the road, nor the best handling. But i think that this thing will compete, sell well and start bob Lutz's vision of Gm into te right direction. The conceptsthat he has come up with and the futue of GM looks bright. With this car coming out and curent vehicles such as the GTP and the bonneville ssei continues to establish pontiac as a performance based yet economical brand. The caddy CTS and the Chevrolet SSR all redefining their respective brands or their market segment GM has started to turn itself around in a big way. Yeah there is no more f body and it makes me sad but i believe that it will be back as the camaro in a couple of years.

This car will probably hit 60 in about 5.9 seconds maybe a little less maybe a tenth more or so, but it is not meant to be a superperformance type of vehicle. IT is meant to be a fun car to drive for middle aged men in a mid likfe crisis who cannot afford or has no desire for a super car like corvette or porsche. Also this car is not meant to take the firebirds empty slot in Pontiacs line up. If GM wanted to compete again with the mustang at this point they could, they have the engines and the dngineered frames/ chassis/ etc... So in short i like this car very much, and i think that its performance/refinement image will help GM get their heads on straight and help the public to remember that they are the world's largest automotive manufacturer

2. Re: I love this car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bigrob</i>
    <b>It will not be the fastest thing on the road, nor the best handling. But i think that this thing will compete, sell well and start bob Lutz's vision of Gm into te right direction. The conceptsthat he has come up with and the futue of GM looks bright. With this car coming out and curent vehicles such as the GTP and the bonneville ssei continues to establish pontiac as a performance based yet economical brand. The caddy CTS and the Chevrolet SSR all redefining their respective brands or their market segment GM has started to turn itself around in a big way. Yeah there is no more f body and it makes me sad but i believe that it will be back as the camaro in a couple of years.

This car will probably hit 60 in about 5.9 seconds maybe a little less maybe a tenth more or so, but it is not meant to be a superperformance type of vehicle. IT is meant to be a fun car to drive for middle aged men in a mid likfe crisis who cannot afford or has no desire for a super car like corvette or porsche. Also this car is not meant to take the firebirds empty slot in Pontiacs line up. If GM wanted to compete again with the mustang at this point they could, they have the engines and the dngineered frames/ chassis/ etc... So in short i like this car very much, and i think that its performance/refinement image will help GM get their heads on straight and help the public to remember that they are the world's largest automotive manufacturer</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Probably not this has the hp. of a vette and unless it is heavier it will have atleast a 0-60 time of 4.4 or better.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: I love this car

Also this car will probly be the fastest and best handling muscle car of today.<!-- Signature -->