i raelly hate when they do this but yeah the stats are wrong!

Discussion in '1987 Merkur XR4Ti' started by shefx, Aug 10, 2002.

1. 0-60 7 seconds flat
    1/4 time of 15.5 seconds
    tested by car and driver
    it was also in the top 10 best in 1985

2. Re: i raelly hate when they do this but yeah the stats are wrong

Isn't the HP stat wrong as well. From what I read the HP was I think 185.

I have loved this car from the first day I ever found out about it. Put a Cosworth kit on it and drift through all corners.

Drifting makes the world go round.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: i raelly hate when they do this but yeah the stats are wrong

By the way, I'm from Vancouver. And I've been looking for one of the Xr's for the past year. If my luck would be better in Edmonton, let me know.

Looking through the side window through a turn isn't always bad!!!

I'M OUT!!!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: i raelly hate when they do this but yeah the stats are wrong

The top speed stat is wrong, too. when mine was stock last year, I had mine (with the 3 speed auto) over 130 mph

5. Re: i raelly hate when they do this but yeah the stats are wrong

Ford shouldn't have stopped importing XR4Ti's here. If it was good enough to make the 10 best it must have been pretty good.

6. Re: i raelly hate when they do this but yeah the stats are wrong

The top speed is somewhere around 150-160. mine bone stock went 145 but with the stock suspension and tires on a windy road it wasnt all too reassuring, with a few suspension and turbo mods mine now tops out rpm limited at very close to 160

7. shefx, thank u for actually citing ur facts. I hate it when they do that too.

8. This site does not use Car and Driver stats, and different sources achieve different performance times

9. It was pretty good, but ford had no choice in discontinuing the XR4Ti, for it did not sell well at all. It'a s ad fact that not all good cars will achieve desirable sales figures.