I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

Discussion in '2001 Ford 49 Concept' started by LaserGT, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I have to say this is one of the ugliest cars that I've ever seen Ford make. I sure hope if they do build it they give it a bit more styling, it still looks very unfinished, and the interior is nasty. Eeccckk! Get rid of it! GT40 is a much nicer ride anyways.

2. Re: I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

this won the dream car of the year by north americans. autoweek went sofar to say when disigners are looking to the past for insperations they will think of this car.
    looks are appinions but just letting you know, this car will do great if it came out and ford is considering it too.

3. Re: I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

I wouldn't be suprised if it did do well...seems like everyone and everything is going retro. I wonder how far it will go? I like to see retro touches come back, but its also nice to see all-new designs that are sleek.

4. Re: I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

i cant see this car doing well. its pretty similar to the T-bird. i think ppl will prefer the T-bird over this.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LaserGT</i>
    <b>I have to say this is one of the ugliest cars that I've ever seen Ford make. I sure hope if they do build it they give it a bit more styling, it still looks very unfinished, and the interior is nasty. Eeccckk! Get rid of it! GT40 is a much nicer ride anyways.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Wow. I realize looks are subjective, but saying something like this makes me think you need your perceptions checked.

I've studied design, and studied what's been classic in tterms of design, and this car has it all. This car is buiolt the way top custom car builders would ahve done it. It's basically a coach-buiolt version of the '49-51 Ford, with modern touches and drivetrain. How it could be called the ugliest thing Ford has ever made is baffling.

How old are you? Lack of perspective is usually caused by lack of experience...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

Ford needs more selection,
    so it wouldn't be a to bad at all,
    i like it.

and besides i don't like the t-birds that much but i do like this so i'm sure there others like me out there...

and hey where is the Ford Probe in the ford selection anyways ?
    its a good car!

7. Re: I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

i think ford is coming out with capri and retiring the probe. i heard the capri will have a turbo 350hp out of a 2L. but it is still under works, and not coming out for a few years.

8. Re: I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

I think this is one of ford's best looking cars and a lot of people will agree with what i just wrote. I haven't heard anyone else but you say that it is the ugliest car they have ever seen. I think you need your vision checked.

9. Re: I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

I love this car, I honestly don't see how anyone can not. Look how sleek, powerful and retro it looks! I think it's great.

10. Re: I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

yeah it looks alright, but if you asked me id say it looked like the chev SSR mixed with whut a new el camino would look like

11. Re: I really love Fords but this thing is just - no

hmmm.. you've studied design, and studied whats a classic in terms of design? since when do you gotta open a book to tell if somethings uglier than hell or the nicest thing ever made? and please, PLEASE dont say something about opening a book to find a picture of a car in order to tell, because im sure you know thats not what im getting at. I mean, you dont see people saying "wow, isn't that rose beautiful?" "hang on, ill find rose in my book and it will tell me if it is or not." I think this thing looks like something that came outta my ass after a long day of mexican food and constipation, because i just looked at it (the car) and made an observation. You think this looks good because it complies with the info in your book that says it looks good. Open your eyes, judge it by what you think, not what the author of some book thinks. Know what else? this definitely IS one of the ugliest things ford has ever made, and i dont hate ford, i like alot of their cars, and trucks, especially the new F-150. Or maybe im wrong about the new F-150, maybe i should open up a book on the way a good looking truck has to look.