I think it looks like a Mclaren

Discussion in '1997 Lotus Elise GT1' started by mclarenlover, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I really think this car looks like a Mclaren. Post if u think im wrong.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: I think it looks like a Mclaren

Well i think it looks like a lotus elise. Alot of super cars kinda look like a F1, but the F1 kinda look likes a gt40. Now the basic shape of the f1 is very efficient and that is why everyone uses it. Now McLaren did not invent the basic shape of its car, its been around since the 60's. I love the F1, it has a beutiful simple shape, but i hate it when people say that every supercar looks like a f1.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: I think it looks like a Mclaren

NOP YOU DON THINK IT LOOK LIKE A MCLAREN YOU KNOW IT LOOK LIKE A MCLAREN.

4. Re: I think it looks like a Mclaren

R u sure Lotus didnt copy the mclaren on this one

5. Re: I think it looks like a Mclaren

nope the F1 is a bad car and is nothing like this one, which is actually a modified elise, as the name implies. they stretched the body to hold the V-8 of the Esprit

6. Re: I think it looks like a Mclaren

Most supercars will look like a McLaren F1, cause that shape is the best areodynamically. Besides ti looks like a beafed up elise to go GT racing.

7. Re: I think it looks like a Mclaren

Except for the 4 wheels and the steering wheel I really seriously can't see anything from the McLaren in this.

-different shape of headlights
    -the bumper
    -the part the driver sits in sticks out (not with the Mac)
    -the flat rearend
    -hole in the front
    -holes in the door
    -it looks longer and flatter

your turn:<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: I think it looks like a Mclaren

if you think this looks like a McLaren then you should get your eyes checked

9. Re: I think it looks like a Mclaren

You think this looks like a Mclaren?What drugs are you on?lol

10. Re: I think it looks like a Mclaren

lol,yeah it looks NOTHING like a Mclaren(not that Mclaren is bad car)
    ,it looks like a Lotus Elise on steroids to me,and I mean that in a good way.

11. Re: I think it looks like a Mclaren

Take a good look at most serious sports cars in general and they will all have this basic shape. It's because of this little thing commonly known as Bournulli's principle that says if the car is more aerodynamic then it will go faster. You could compare the GT1 to a Mclaren, an Elise, or even a Corvette. Guess what...it's not any of those, so why analyze the styling to death?! Just drive the crap out of the thing and have the time of your life!