I think

Discussion in '1999 Bugatti 18/3 Chiron' started by AnthonyA9, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This looks better than the 18/4 Veyron. I love the edginess.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: I think

I agree. Why do most of the bugattis have a #/# in the name?<!-- Signature -->

3. yes, but....

It looks much calm then 16/4... (only in term of design)
    But i think Bugatti could go further with an 18 cilinder like this.

4. Re: I think

To assert my opinion first, I think it's HIDEOUS. Edgy is a hard thing to pull off, and i dont think it does it well. To answer Impreza's question, the numbers denote the number of cylinders. The first numeral is the number of cylinders and the second is the number of banks of cylinders. I've not actually seen this written, i just surmised it from oversvation. The only reason this might not be true is because of the 18/4, 18 is not divisible by 4. so actually i'm not totally sure what the second number means.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: I think

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from froggynaan</i>
    <b>To assert my opinion first, I think it's HIDEOUS. Edgy is a hard thing to pull off, and i dont think it does it well. To answer Impreza's question, the numbers denote the number of cylinders. The first numeral is the number of cylinders and the second is the number of banks of cylinders. I've not actually seen this written, i just surmised it from oversvation. The only reason this might not be true is because of the 18/4, 18 is not divisible by 4. so actually i'm not totally sure what the second number means.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->well you don't matter.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: I think

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SpeedDemon</i>
    <b>HEY A FERRARI CAN KICK ANY OTHER CARS EXAUST PIPE.

SO DONT EVEN COMPARE ANYFIN TO A FERRARI SPECIALLY A 550 TWIN TURBO,CAUZ PEOPLE WILL JUST LAUGH AT U.

SO WAT DO U THINK ALL OF YA FERRARI LOVERS OUT THERE???????

I AM SURE U KNOW DAT I AM RITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO A BIG THUMBS UP TO ALL OF YA FERRARI LOVERS OUT THERE.

AND HEY DONT LET ANYONE TELL U DAT THEIR R OTHER CARS BETTER THAN A FERRARI!!!!!!CAUZ THERE ARENT ANY.

CAUZ FERRARI HAD THE PAST,HAS THE PRESENT,AND WILL HAVE THE FUTURE TO PROVE IT.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why don't you just shut the #$%# up? I'm #$%#ing sick of all your goddamn spamming of the boards. It's bullshit. Stop acting like a #$%#ing child, you horse's ass.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: I think

LOL, he pisses me off too, but I think that's what he likes. Best just to ignor him or write the webmaster to get him blocked. Anyway, I love the way this car looks, especially if it were in my garage.

8. Re: I think

This Bugatti is intended to be more like a luxo cruiser, even further than the EB16/4 Veyron, I don't know if this one is going to be ever produced but it sure would be a nice sight at any european highway<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: I think

I agree with many, it is a beautiful car, the best-looking Bugatti I think, beating the Veyron 16/4 and all the others in the terms of the looks.
    Froggynaan: 18 indeed can not be divided by 4 (not if you want an integer end result anyway) but the car's name is 18/3 so this not a problem.
    As far as I know the first number (eg. 16) refers to the number of cylinders and the second (eg. 4) refers to the number of VW powerplants engineered together. The Chiron is flying with 3 6-cylinder VW engines. (6*3=18)
    SpeedDemon: You could help me comprehend something I never quite managed to understand: What is cool about intentionally misspelling your words?

10. Re: I think

For those of you guys who actually don't like it too much, I send a pic showing this car from a different angle to help you appreciate it a little bit more.

11. Re: I think

good job this car is sick you people need to see that

12. Re: I think

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sindbad</i>
    <b>I agree with many, it is a beautiful car, the best-looking Bugatti I think, beating the Veyron 16/4 and all the others in the terms of the looks.
    Froggynaan: 18 indeed can not be divided by 4 (not if you want an integer end result anyway) but the car's name is 18/3 so this not a problem.
    As far as I know the first number (eg. 16) refers to the number of cylinders and the second (eg. 4) refers to the number of VW powerplants engineered together. The Chiron is flying with 3 6-cylinder VW engines. (6*3=18)
    SpeedDemon: You could help me comprehend something I never quite managed to understand: What is cool about intentionally misspelling your words?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

not only are there 3 vw engines engineered together, theyre setup in the W formation which s insane...the w confuses me almost as much as the rotary on the rx7<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: I think

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sindbad</i>
    <b>For those of you guys who actually don't like it too much, I send a pic showing this car from a different angle to help you appreciate it a little bit more.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Wow- thanks! That is one of the best I've seen.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: I think

the W-cylinder arrangement offers a lot of possibilities, and it benefits from its compact size yet only advanced engineering (like VW's) can produce a car with micrometric engine measures... just like this one

I don't think we are seeing a W-18 engine anytime soon, but cmon, the Veyron has got 16 cylinders FGS... that's 4 more than any other super car in the world...<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: I think

Its ok but does lack in style and it cannot compete with the veyron<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: I think

Okay to end all this #$%#in confusion the 16/4 Veyron has a W-16 motor, with 4 banks of cylinders, of 4 cyls. in each bank.

\ / \ /
    \/ \ /
    one | 2/3 | fourth
    bank| banks | bank
    | |

The 18/3 Chiron has 3 cyl banks, with 6 cyls in each bank.

\ | /
    \ | /
    \ | /
    \|/

ex. 18/3 the 3 means # of banks, while 18 means cyls.
    ex. 16/4 the 4 means # of banks, while 16 means cyls<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: I think

speaking of W formations, has anyone heard about the jetta with a 275 hp w8? its supposed to be fast

18. Re: I think

Because bodaciousbob doesn't know what he's talking about, I'll clear up the number thing. In the 18/3, 18/4, and 16/4, the number of banks of cylinders have nothing to do with the numbers. The first, as previously stated, is the number of cylinders. The second number is the number of valves per cylinder. So bodaciousbob, before you go and get all upset at other people who don't know what the numbers mean, maybe you should be sure of what they mean first.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: I think

wow thanx
    this W-engine thing is really confusing...
    <!-- Signature -->

20. audi avus

this thing reminds me of the audi avus..<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: I think

i just cans think of it a a bugatti without the 2tone paint job.

22. Re: I think

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from froggynaan</i>
    <b>To assert my opinion first, I think it's HIDEOUS. Edgy is a hard thing to pull off, and i dont think it does it well. To answer Impreza's question, the numbers denote the number of cylinders. The first numeral is the number of cylinders and the second is the number of banks of cylinders. I've not actually seen this written, i just surmised it from oversvation. The only reason this might not be true is because of the 18/4, 18 is not divisible by 4. so actually i'm not totally sure what the second number means.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

First number: # of cylinders
    Second number: # of vavles per cylinder<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: I think

i think the second # means the supercar concept # and the first is cylinders<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: I think

I like the new direction VW is taking Bugatti, back to the "real" look. The grill is a nice accent. I agree that it needs a two tone paint job. The power and the top speed are a bit sad for a car with 18 cylinders . I like the way the Veyron looks more, it's smoother, liquid-like. <!-- Signature -->

25. Re: I think

simply beautiful<!-- Signature -->