I4 or V8 in this car?

Discussion in '1999 Leblanc Caroline' started by Vision K2, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Yes this car can come with a supercharged V8, or any other engine if requested.
    but the V8 adds 154lb. but with the increass of 28bhp. and 156Nm more Torque at 3,400rpm's insted or 6,000rpm's. But in Max Rpm's are a 1,000 lower. I don't have stats on the V8 however. But which engine in this beast would you take. It does this mainly by an increass of 2496cc.

I would take the I4 just to say I beat you with only an I4, even if it does have 512bhp.

2. Re: I4 or V8 in this car?

I think that'd be tight to beat some1 with a 4 cylinder instead of a V8. It's more challenging so go for the I4.

3. Re: I4 or V8 in this car?

How does the car come with a choice of engines when there was only one of them ever built and that had an inline 4.

4. Re: I4 or V8 in this car?

I would take the V8 because of its better durability than the I4 with that much boost being pumped in. The I4 would be a ticking time bomb. The V8 would also sound a lot better too.

But I also must admit that 512 hp out of an I4 is extremely impressive.

5. Re: ????

Yes this car can come with a supercharged V8, or any other engine if requested.
    but the V8 adds 154lb. but with the increass of 28bhp. and 156Nm more Torque at 3,400rpm's insted or 6,000rpm's. But in Max Rpm's are a 1,000 lower. I don't have stats on the V8 however. But which engine in this beast would you take. It does this mainly by an increass of 2496cc.

I would take the I4 just to say I beat you with only an I4, even if it does have 512bhp.

how does it come with a choice when only one were made???????

6. #6 jay eb, Aug 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  7. 1 unit build with two engines?
    you can change engine?

8. sure, the I4 would sound worse and be less reliable, but this is a goddamn racecar! Who cares about practicalities! I'd take the I4 for the lower weight and better hp to weight ratio: it would not destroy this car's knife-edged precision handling.

9. I do agree with you, yes the I4 would be less reliable, but this has be fun to drive regardless, so I4 for me, too.