I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

Discussion in '1999 HSV Maloo' started by slinkywizard, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #1 slinkywizard, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    most Aussie car enthusiasts worth their salted beer nuts will know this car, but for those who don't...its a twin turbo V8 powered VS ute now named [appropriately enough] "TTV8". it can pull a max of 1074 REAR WHEEL horse power on the dyno. yes, rear wheel hp. that is something like 1200-1300bhp at the flywheel. insane i know. don't believe me???

...check it out at http://www.rgv.com.au/

i saw this beast at SummerNats 15 purrr into the dyno room, pull out two +1000RWHP runs and purrr out. truely awe inspiring. and that was in a dyno shootout with limited boost for crying out loud!!! if you saw this thing on the street [and weren't in the know] you'd never know what devilry is ready to be awoken under the bonnet.

not a production car or anything odviously, but i though you all just should know. now this is true Aussie muscle at work.<!-- Signature -->

2. #2 Holden Nut, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from slinkywizard</i>
    <b>most Aussie car enthusiasts worth their salted beer nuts will know this car, but for those who don't...its a twin turbo V8 powered VS ute now named [appropriately enough] "TTV8". it can pull a max of 1074 REAR WHEEL horse power on the dyno. yes, rear wheel hp. that is something like 1200-1300bhp at the flywheel. insane i know. don't believe me???

...check it out at http://www.rgv.com.au/

i saw this beast at SummerNats 15 purrr into the dyno room, pull out two +1000RWHP runs and purrr out. truely awe inspiring. and that was in a dyno shootout with limited boost for crying out loud!!! if you saw this thing on the street [and weren't in the know] you'd never know what devilry is ready to be awoken under the bonnet.

not a production car or anything odviously, but i though you all just should know. now this is true Aussie muscle at work.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yep I read about that awesome car in one of my street commodores magazines. There is also a naturally aspirated Maloo that makes something like 478hp at the rear wheels and does a mid 11 quarter mile pass with slicks. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

Bloody oath :)<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

yer ive seen that ute, i just want one

5. Re:

yeah you might want a crappy holden

like to see it being street driven

ugly ass cars!

6. Re:

and i live in Aus and i have seen this car on the road, still looks and sounds terrible

7. Re:

btw this is my toyota supra

prefer it anyday

8. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

See it street driven? It's actually a daily driver.

9. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

I bet it sounds better than your lawn mower sounding Supra.

10. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

That VS ute with 1072.9rwhp and it is the fastest and most powerful street legal car in the world...SO **** UP you gay little supra lover

11. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

NOT in the WORLD, but damn good.

12. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

The commodore would kick your cars butt for power and speed, i'd prefer the Holden but i got no problem with your supra.
    Veilside supras are not as powerful as your signature says

13. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

Whats with souped up cars like that Supra? There not naturally fast.

14. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

Well lets get your L3 inline 6 TT and put it in an unladen ute with non independent rear suspension with trailing arms and see where u get. Power doesnt necessarily mean you should have good qtr mile times...there are heaps of Commodores that do 10 seconds with only 500-600hp.

15. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

Yes, they do make up a lot of the quickest Holdens, however there are many well set up V8's that are just as fast.

16. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

not always..... jsut no-one does up their V8s, there's a N/A V8 with over 1000Nm in a mustang, the 2000 Boss mustang.

17. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

Yeah thats cause most of those cars are awd...and who not get into top fuelers???

18. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

i always thought that RWDs were wuicker off the mark. remember the odl skylines racign at bathurst aroun 92 was it?? weren't they supposed to have the ability to switch into RWD for the first bit of the race to get a quick start, then into AWD to be better at going around the corners??

19. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

Well its straightforward physics isn't it? You're spreading the power 4 ways instead of 2, therefore being able to make use of more power while reducing the chance of wheelspin.

20. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

ur quite #$%#ed up as there heaps of 1100 hp+ skylines in japan and also they handle alot better too

21. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

i was refering 2 d #$%# who calls himself holden51
    (what a gay #$%#)

22. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

And ur point is?

23. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

Yeah its interesting how there is 1000hp cars that do 10 seconds aswell as 500hp cars that do 10 seconds...although the speed across the line is usually twice as much or something in the 1000hp car.

24. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

Yeah I don't get those 3 speed gearboxes...them and those 2 speed powerglide things...I don't know how they work but when I think of them I think of those oldschool school buses with 2 gears that just get noiser and noiser until about 50 then clunk into gear 2 and make even more noise.

25. Re: I'D RATHER THIS +1000hp STREET COMMODORE UTE

i read some dumbass comment back on the first page about "better than what the Yanks can muster up".... well, how about that bloke comes to the states. and then take a look at what we do with our cars. fastest STREET LEGAL car in the WORLD is a twin turbo'd chevy small block in a 57' Tri5 that makes 2500hp. FWIW. Holden is a great company, but when it comes to making huge #s, the yanks do it best.