If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by SSfearSS, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

when will you damn yanks learn that skid pan ratings arent what make handling?????

2. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

And when will you damn morons learn that 900hp 1/4 mile killers can still handle well...even if it is American?

Most of you morons are the ones that throw skidpad ratings out at us anyway...so when we give you the numbers you go off on other rants.

3. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

yeah F*** this car!

4. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

this is a great but its simply not the best...
    ther really cant be a best or best country/make of cars because they're all built for something else for instance this car has wicked acceleration but im sure that some little lightweight compact car could whip it on handling
    and i do not appreciate it when all u ppl diss american cars or japanese cars...the reason we have all those car companies is to fit everyone's needs not just people that want a 1,000bhp beast but also the ppl that want a grocery getter that goes 0-60 in about ten minutes

5. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

and the saga continues that there is absolutely no replacement for american displacement. well aside form civil classy forced induction and really good tuning!!!!!!! i.e. european and anything else foriegn!

6. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

Moron

7. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

Just a few words for all you morons that like jap crap. America is twice the country japan is (nuked them good), americans and germans invented cars, without them japs would still be getting pulled around by ching chong pow wow in some little wheel carts. people who say japanese crap is higher quality than americans are RETARDS!. Ford, Dodge, and Chevy have all been around at least prior to 1923 and know what they're doing. japs just copied our technology, decreased the displacement and made it crappier. a 1970 Buick GSX made 510 ft/lbs of torque at 2800 rpm, it could smoke the tires past 70 mph, think about that when your in your toyota at 9000 rpm going 65 mph, and that isn't s-charged or anything. as for you americans that like jap crap why don't you run right back to your little japanese lovers over there in crapville. listen to the sound of an american 454 V-8 (sounds like a frieghttrain going through a loud speaker) then listen to some jap crap (Sounds like a blender overrevving trying to chop up steel). one other thing to all the non-retarded americans out there, there is a car that is faster 0-60 than this and the lingenfelter vette. i'm not saying it's better or that these cars are crap cuase they're not, it is the also concept Boss Mustang, it went 0-60 in 1.90 verses the vettes 1.97, both are very impressive. you can read about the mustang and this car competing in the January 2000 issue of car and driver. for the rest of you i don't care about my spelling or names you have to call me or any other crap like that, you can just f#*k off, i've heard lawnmowers that sound better than jap cars. (just cuase you take a lawnmower and put $ 10,000 under the hood doesn't mean you can go comparing it to vette's and porches.)

8. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

jap crap? thats not a propor statment, the supra, skyline, and NSX are great cars. just use the word "civic loving freaks" for the reson that there are a handfull of good japanese cars.

9. 4 cylenders are not good unless supe them up with tons of nos. any naturaly aspirated american car can own any jap made car without kits. if your going to include superchargers or turbo chargers then they have to be equal and american will still own. 4 bangers in eco boxes are not cool its all in the v8 in muscle

10. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

a factory made dragracing car. Shit, iŽm impressed. Verry nice engine!

11. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

not just drag racing, auto X too.

12. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

at least these kids get som practice before they dirve somthing realy fast. it the one upside as i see it.

13. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

WAIT!!!!!! before you judge, take into account DODGE SRT-4!!! BEST 4 BANGER OUT THERE TODAY!!!!

14. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

i didnt realy read his post, it just looked like a textbook closminded comment so i gave the textbook answer. i love the srt and SVT, in fact im planing to get one. a few "four bangers" are realy nice and in tuning to dollers cant be beat.

15. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

Hey americans4ever,stick that white boy shit up your ass.Japanese cars aren't crap like your shitty ass american piece of shit.Your cars are unreliable as hell.These so called pieces of jap crap beat your so called muscle cars more than you think.Tell me why a V8 twin turbo supra lost to V6 Twin Turbo Supra.Kind of sad isn't it.And if there is one more flame on this car you guys won't do shit about it,so close your mouthes.You americans act like your so smart compared to everyone else,but really,your behind as hell in technology.If the japanese wanted to,they could damn well make a car that will burn this piece of shit on less cylinders.Your understanding of technology is lower than you seem to think.Don't talk shit about any other car from another country,unless you actually know what you are talking about.Not all americans like muscle cars either.Muscle Cars are no better,if not worse than cars from any other country.A car from any other country will last longer than most of your american cars.I will flame on this car all day if I feel like it,and you assholes won't do a damn thing about it.

16. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

Hey there. Uhh first off american cars last just as long. When was the last time you saw a corvette a cadillac or a viper on the side of the road. My parents old lincoln town car is still running 300,000 miles and has had no problems. That would also be because a bigger engine has less stress to produce the same hp. All that winding up those little 2.0L have to do to keep up is why they have to get fixed all the time. Also econonomy cars are not ment for racing so please stop thinking they will. Look at dragsters lots of cylinders and rearwheel drive. Have you ever seen a dragsters that only have four cylinders and front wheel drive come on. You people say that we are old technology who cares! TECHNOLOGY MEANS NOTHING, NAMES MEANS NOTHING, what MEANS something is going from point A to point B fast. IT DONT matter how. So now lets compare technology. umm yeah your using a four banger from back in the day when cars were invented. Well while your all about having less cylinders why don't you just go and take one more out so you can have three! Or you could just take em all out and run on nothing but a turbo and some nitrous. Speaking of that stuff. If you ever looked at the performance a v8 recieves from a bolt on vs what a four banger gets is funny. The v8 can get up to 120hp on a supercharger while a 4banger only gets around 60hp. Nitrous, a v8 can handle 250hp, most 4 bangers can handle about 75hp. So once again this is retarded. Just add some more cylinders and call it a day. YES the bigger the engine the faster you go. thats the way it works. Thats called torque and flat power curves. Yea your skyline might have 800hp but its peaky and crap with no torque. Umm so lets see now My uncle has a 9.0 liter mustang that has 700hp with the same torque and it runs the quarter in 9.0 seconds flat. It can lift its tires off the ground. Enough of this tunning your car go get a crate motor and stoke the hell out of it. No turbo, no nitrous, nothing but raw motor.

While your tuning your car i will be melting the rubber off my camaros tires.

If Chevy is so dumb then how come they always win there class in LEMANS. Listen to the announcers they even say the corvette is more reliable then the FERRARI.

If Americans are so stupid how come we have the best economy.

GET SOME DISPLACEMENT

AMERICA RULES!

17. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

yes i have seen a [pro] front wheel drive four cylinder drag racing car. the [pro] FWD class is greatly increacing in there performance, but decreacing in popularity. two of the people i saw ran in the 8s.

18. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

you go FEF84 and also i am not saying jap cars are unreliable cause i never had one to test but american cars are very reliable the only really unreliable ones are the british cars with the shitty wiring that when you want to fix isnt even colored right so you end up messing it up... and the smaller the engine the less it tends to last as long from the pressure and friction.

19. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

For all of you mustang haters. All I have to say is: Did you see the article featuring this car vs. the Boss Mustang a few years ago in Car and Driver(January 2000)? Obviously not here are the stats for the Mustang: 598cid V8 (9.8L) 855bhp/794lb-ft, oh yeah,and the Mustang obliterated the Camaro (as always). 0-60= 1.9sec, 1/4mile=10.55 @135.05mph. The Camaro's numbers were: 775bhp/683ft-lbs/ 0-60= 3.0sec, 1/4 mile=11.01 @128.64mph. Talk all the shit you want about Mustangs, but the numbers don't lie. This car is great if you like how the rear end of a Mustang looks.

20. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

i like the mustang too, but dont go around bashing the camaro.

21. #121 Big Nix SS, Oct 17, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!!

Funny thing I've got to tell you....

that Boss Mustang you were talking about....

Well yeah, it doesn't beat the ZL1 anymore...

The ZL1 runs 9.5's @ 144mph.

Don't believe me? Check it out...

http://www.wheeltowheel.net/

Go to the media section in the links...and check out the video yourself...B-I-T-C-H!

22. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

dude its a protoype, the chance of anyone pulling of a 10.4 in an 800hp rear-wheel drive street car on street tires is rediculous, ever heard of wheelspin? Either this thing has a really good power band ot its bullsh!t.

23. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

When you can just "throw" on a turbo for less or the same money that it takes to get any old evo or Sti to 500+hp and still be able to handle as good you win. In fact when anyone out there can show me a car, import or Muscle that grips more than an Evo You win. Until then im keepin my Rexy and laughing as my a$$ of as i swing into a corner sideways before slammin down my right foot and takin off while you behind my in oyu 700hp vette tryin so hard not to spin the damn thing any old granny in a Camry could pass you.

24. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

You're an idiot....

And WRX's don't actually handle well.

You really are the typical "R!CER" talking all that shit about FWD cars being better than RWD with that last statement...

25. Re: If I see one more flame on this car, we're gonna have words!

another new name? you just raking up the bans, dontmesswithtexas is gonna have some compitition soon.