If you could get any classy car what would it be?

Discussion in '1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe' started by Adam Orrock, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I would probably get one of these. It is very unique which i like. I also would have to consider one of Enzo's original Ferraris.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

there are no classier cars of that era than this one right here in my eyes, perfect>>>
    later<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

a BMW 507 or this. hell i wouldnt mind having both.

4. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

how bout a jag xk120 from '52?

5. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

Aston Martin DB2 for that era......but i think the classiest of all time is the 365GTS/4 spider.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

hmmm, THIS ONE<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

Jaguar E-Type Coupe.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

don't tel me someone compared the 300SL coupe with the BMW 507 !!
    That's just wrong !!
    It's NO WAY near as good as the SL !!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

id get a late twenties or thirties Cadillac Series 90 (V-16) Dual Cowl Phaeton<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

This one 4 sure!!!(Although there r many cars on my list...but this one's on top ;) )<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

ok, i know im going to get trashed for saying this, but hey, life goes on...

i would take a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 LS6, or a Shelby Cobra 427. the shelby would kick any car's @$$ in its year. its still a kicker now!!!

why the chevelle? the horsepower. the thrill. the ability to take on any lawnmower-sounding civic and win.

but hey, its just me.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from love of cars</i>
    <b>ok, i know im going to get trashed for saying this, but hey, life goes on...

i would take a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 LS6, or a Shelby Cobra 427. the shelby would kick any car's @$$ in its year. its still a kicker now!!!

why the chevelle? the horsepower. the thrill. the ability to take on any lawnmower-sounding civic and win.

but hey, its just me.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The chevelle's a boat. I'd take a Boss 302/351/429 any day.

13. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Corax</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from love of cars</i>
    <b>ok, i know im going to get trashed for saying this, but hey, life goes on...

but hey, its just me.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The chevelle's a boat. I'd take a Boss 302/351/429 any day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->how about the plymouth barracuda 440-6? i dont know the year<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

thats right ITS BETTER much better than any overrated merc

15. Re:
    If you could get any classy car what would it be?

aston martin db4gt zagato (only 9 build)

16. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

I saw one of these (actually a couple) at a local Concours D' Elegance last week in a beautiful shade of black..completely restored like new..extremely beautiful example!! I would have to say if I were to get any classy car, this 300SL would definitely be one of them, or the 1956 Merc W196, the 1958 Ferrari 250TR V12, the 1967 Sting Ray 427, or a 1968 Jaguar E-Type 2+2..

17. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

A Ferrari 250 GTO, a Jaguar D-Type, XK120, XK SS, Mercedes 300SL Gullwing, Porsche 356A Speedster, Toyota 2000GT and an Aston Martin DB5.

18. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

the 300SL is not an over-rated merc. it was the first supercar of the world and it was great. any private colector probably desires for that car and not the BMW. your probably the first person i've heard say that the 300SL is better than any BMW be it old or new.

19. Re:

Sorry guys... I don't mean to go off-this-current-car, but I would much rather have a 1932 Bugatti T52 Atlantica than this. IT'S JUST SO MUCH SEXIER!

20. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

Nothing. This car is the classiest ever built, nothing even comes close

21. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

i'd like to change my vote...either a '58 Cadillac Fleetwood, '59 Imperial Sedan, or a '64 Lincoln Continental Convertible. I'd seriously consider that 57 Ferrari 250 Pininfarina Coupe Speciale though

22. Re: If you could get any classy car what would it be?

this car or the 55 chevy would be my top choices