im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

Discussion in '2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R' started by Burnout99, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

I have a friend who has a 67 dart with a 440 cube engine, he did a all of his own engine work and he fabricated alot of body pieces. I rode in his car with him and that thing would rip a road up in a straight line. What I am trying to say is that he really knows his cars and he would not run against this thing (he had a traction problem) he say one at local hang out and he said that it sounds sweet and that it was just flat out fast. I take one if I had a bottom less wallet for all the speeding tickest I would get.

2. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

I hear ya TOTALLY. I saw a Cobra R look alike and I still give it respect. If I had my Esptit V8, I would roll down my window and give the driver of one of these beauties MAD PROPS. If anyone disses this car, they are just plain STUPID. Ya gotta give credit to where it is due. And for 50 big, that is as much as a Roush, (sp?) but this is much more desireable. Although given the chance to drive a Roush (which i was and greedly took!!!) I would take either one with no prob!

3. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

I've got a friend who's completely ape shit over stangs. This is his dream ride and i have to say this is one fly stang. A good example of a Ford car. It's good to see some positive conversation on this site.

4. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

Finally a mustang that can smoke a ZO6 without even breakin a sweat. Supercars.net got the weight wrong it actually only weighs 3200 pounds...but thats still pretty heavy. I recently read that when they dino tested the motor out of the car they got 420hp at the flywheel. now that is a bad ass Mustang. I only wish that they made more than 300.....and that I could afford one. Keep up the good work SVT.

Flys
    On
    Race
    Days

5. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

There is no need to come in here and say "This car can smoke the Z06", because this thread was started positive, and was going positive, and that comment breeds confrontation.

6. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

yeah its called "opening up a can of worms"

by teh way how hard would it be to get a hold of one of these?

7. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

Almost impossible. Only 300 were made, and one was turned into a full blown drag car (why I don't know, the guy must be a moron). If you do find one for sale it will probably be at least $65,000+.

8. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

Amen!

9. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

This is basically the same thing as the 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary. I think the price is under $35,000. One smokin deal folks. It is the best deal on cost per horsepower right now, and I like seeing ford starting to use the hp potential of the displacement on their engines.

10. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

Ummm...it was $55,000 new, and now sonce only 300 were made you would be hard pressed to find one for less then $60,000.

11. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

I meant the 2003 Cobra SVT, not the anniversary one. More were made of them and I read that the msrp is $35,000 in the brochure at Cal Worthington Ford.

12. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

Anniversay what...get your facts straight before you post.
    The mustang on this page is a 2000 svt cobra R. Only 300 were made. It has a 331ci(5.4liter) v-8, pumping out 385hp, and 385lb-ft of torque.
    The price of the 2003 cobra is $34,000, so at least you were close to that.

13. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

you a camaro guy well camaros mustangs and any other ugly car sux

14. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

although this was the fastest mustang ever built in 2000, the 2003 cobra is faster. the R is a beauty, but technology has topped it. and lots of people are saying that they have tested there 2003 cobras and got 415-420 hp, while ford says 390 hp. i got some stats from motor trend

2000 SVT Cobra R: $54,995; 5.4 liter V8, 385 hp, 6 speed manual, RWD.

0-60 = 4.8, 1/4 mile = 13.0@108.5 mph, slalom = 69.4 mph

2003 SVT Cobra: $34,750; 4.6 liter V8 supercharged, 390 hp, 6 speed manual, RWD.

0-60 = 4.7, 1/4 mile = 12.8@113.2 mph, slalom = 64.3 mph

i dont know which has the better top speed, but looking at these stats you kinda get the idea that the Cobra R would win on the track, when the 2003 would win on the street.

15. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

"by teh way how hard would it be to get a hold of one of these?"

A dealer has one in my home town, sits outside everyday, put indoors every night. It's been there for awhile now.

Nate

16. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

This car would be awesome off the line, The 5.4 isnt made to be a high revver.

17. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

what do you need a stereo for? you wouldnt be able to hear it anyways, im told the thing puts out 95 decibles at WOT. A/C? its meant to be a road racing car.

18. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

id much rather see a bored 4.6 rather than the 5.4, its stroke is so long, you cant rev much past 5 grand with the thing. afterall, the 5.4 is nothing but a stroked 4.6

19. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

it would rape the cobra around corners, and i bet if there were more tests done with it, it could match the 1/4 mile.

20. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

sorry to dis this car, but a Z06 can get a few more HP with 600 lbs less weight...if ford was making a racing tuned pony then why is it so heavy? either way its still a cool car but i think it falls short

21. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

the new cobra R has a 1.02 skid pad which is amazing and with the 4.6 not the 5.4 puts out 390 hp and 390 ft lbs its amazing and though all fords are trash i would think again about this

22. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

not really into domestic i am, but i must say on the contary this is the best mustang i've seen

23. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

Anybody would have to give props to this

24. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

I Love This Car!

25. Re: im a camaro guy.....but i respect this thing

me to, i love both US brands, GM And Ford, but its so sad whe won't see this car in Belgium