Im getting sick of the trans am

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by 280zv8, Aug 26, 2006.

1. The point being that if he isn't a total idiot he'll look under the hood and get a car in such a condition that he won't have any problems.

2. im thinking about it, but i really cant see spending that kind of money, the difference between a 97 lt1 and a 98 ls1 is ususally around 3 grand. if i could find a ram air ls1 t/a for under 8 i might consider it, but i doubt it. at that point i could almost buy a 99 mustang with the newer body style.

3. yeah, you aren't gonna find a WS6 for less than 8. You could probably find a regular TA for about that though, then later on you could just slap a ram-air hood on it, since that's about all the WS6 is really good for.

4. I wan't a WS6, so bad.

5. lol well said.

6. go back to the japan forum, both of you

7. Old cars are always going to have problems. The difference in build quality, particularly in American vehicles, has increased substantially over the past 10 years.

I spent this weekend putting heads and cam into a LS1, and I can vouch for the difference in technology. All the O-rings instead of gaskets, quality of metals, differences in weights of components......really a vast improvement over the LT1 and previous engines.

8. i hate those cars. THe engine sits way too far back, and is impossible to work on. Just as bad as the 300zx

9. yeah, its closer to working on a van then a sports car.