Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going to as

Discussion in '1980 Styling Garage Spezialkarosserien M1' started by Burning Rubber, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLarenF1guy</i>
    <b>
    I have narrowed down my choices to 6 Rice rockets i have picked the

Nissan 300zx-1996
    Mazda RX-7-1995
    Toyota Supra-1995
    Toyota Mr2-1996
    Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 1997 a.k.a. Mitsubishi Eclipse
    Nissan 240 SX

Im looking for power and overall upgradability ( possibilities) and cheapness of uprade parts and maintenance.
    And one more thing tell me truthfully
    Money is not important

Thanks Guys

P.S. or i have a choice of getting a 67 corvette and my uncle works for Daimler Chrysler. He has a friend that can tune a 67 corvette to 800hp so thats an option for me aswell. The guy who tuned this car made one already for a guy that paid $50,000 (canadian) for the upgrade and when it was done the guy who paid to have his car souped up was scared to drive it... well i wouldn't blame him on the first hard acceleration down a strech of road near the shop it burned a line in the road from the carb so that could also be an option aswell thanks guys
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yo man my advise..go for the Talon..i own one myself..it's a great car if your looking forward on racing..i also have twin turbo on m car as well..and there hardly is nuthing that can beat my car out ther,..(talking same level though..not supercars wise)and i love it man..so honestly ide go for the Talon ..plus it's a great maintenance car..<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

screw all those rice rockets get the vette

3. I have narrowed down my choices to 6 Rice rockets i have picked the

Nissan 300zx-1996
    Mazda RX-7-1995
    Toyota Supra-1995
    Toyota Mr2-1996
    Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 1997 a.k.a. Mitsubishi Eclipse
    Nissan 240 SX

Im looking for power and overall upgradability ( possibilities) and cheapness of uprade parts and maintenance.
    And one more thing tell me truthfully
    Money is not important

Thanks Guys

P.S. or i have a choice of getting a 67 corvette and my uncle works for Daimler Chrysler. He has a friend that can tune a 67 corvette to 800hp so thats an option for me aswell. The guy who tuned this car made one already for a guy that paid $50,000 (canadian) for the upgrade and when it was done the guy who paid to have his car souped up was scared to drive it... well i wouldn't blame him on the first hard acceleration down a strech of road near the shop it burned a line in the road from the carb so that could also be an option aswell thanks guys
    <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

Nissan 300zx-1996---cool car, easy to upgrade, lots of power, but done way too many times
    Mazda RX-7-1995---nice car, but if you want some real power, you'll have to re-seal the rotor to handle forced induction or nitrous, and if you do go with this, convert it from the twin turbo to a large single turbo
    Toyota Supra-1995---lose the twin turbo and go with a big single turbo
    Toyota Mr2-1996---handles great stock and even better with suspension upgrades, but if you want to change it into a drag racer, good luck, I like it for the handling
    Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 1997 a.k.a. Mitsubishi Eclipse---probably the most easily upgradable, lots of parts, have to make the engine stronger though if you want tons of power
    Nissan 240 SX---most potential out of the cars you are looking at. There's a bolt on turbo made by xs engineering that gets 250+ hp, or import the s15 Silvia (sr20det) engine and upgrade the turbo on that and get 300+hp.

Most important thing to know is if you wanna play, you gotta pay.

5. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

GET A SUPRA!!!!!!! THEY LOOK SO GOOD!!!!!!!
    SUPRA ALL THE WAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

Mazda RX-7-1995 .....high maintenance...lots of mechs don't know how to fix rotary engines...<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

ohh k man
    this car is rathwer cheap for a 6.6 sec car and it is also one of the best looking althoguh this picture doesn;t shbwo the back whbich looks sick
    it is cheap to modd and you can modd it to no end
    this car also has madd paint potential thsio is the car i am looking at buying when i am older and have enough money to get it
    you will need about 10 G to buy it then u will need to fdrop 10-12 G to make it the bestr #$%#ing car ever
    so have fun with it bud
    P.S the mr2 is also a ery ncie car

8. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

Nissan 300zx-1996> i had a 300zx and i lvoed it its was one of the best cars i have had and easy to upgrade it has a lot of power and is just a fun car to drive if you want a drag car with alot of horsepower then go for the Toyota Supra-1995 i havent owned one but i was thinkin about buying one and i read up on it youd be better of getting a new one too if ya had a chance.

9. #9 justindsm, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

supra-
    you can get bolt on's that give u more then 450hp and mid 11 second 1/4's!
    bpu
    basic performance mods
    go to www.suprastore.com <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

yea, i wouldnt think twice, get yourself a nice turbo supra and have some fun with it. you will blow the doors off all the rest of these cars with a supra.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

This car rocks, but if money is not object, your other choices are going to be much faster. I have freinds with modded Zs and TSi/GSX's, and the Z's are faster. Makes sense really, they are more $.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

if money is not important then definately the supra. If not that than I'd personally opt for the RX7.

13. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Burning Rubber</i>
    <b>yo man my advise..go for the Talon..i own one myself..it's a great car if your looking forward on racing..i also have twin turbo on m car as well..and there hardly is nuthing that can beat my car out ther,..(talking same level though..not supercars wise)and i love it man..so honestly ide go for the Talon ..plus it's a great maintenance car..</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Do you mind if I ask how you managed to fit two turbos on a single exhaust header?<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

Get the Nissan 240SX and then do a FULL Silvia conversion - Engine, Tranny, Emblems, EVERYTHING and then MOD IT TO HELL!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

obviously if you are even considering the vette you either have plenty of money or have some major hookups. either way isay go withit, its the bst car of all that you named, your getting it for a great deal (@ least thats theway it sounds), so why not go for it. if you get scared of it you can always sell it and get one of the other, youll probably have money left over for the mods too.

16. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

Supra or RX7....Supra can produce the most raw power, RX7 comes close to lotus acceleration and handling

17. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Burning Rubber</i>
    <b>yo man my advise..go for the Talon..i own one myself..it's a great car if your looking forward on racing..i also have twin turbo on m car as well..and there hardly is nuthing that can beat my car out ther,..(talking same level though..not supercars wise)and i love it man..so honestly ide go for the Talon ..plus it's a great maintenance car..</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Do you mind if I ask how you managed to fit two turbos on a single exhaust header?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOLOLOLOL...
    Thank you for pointing out the exact type of lie that I have called over and over.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

dude, its so obivous!! he put 1 on his muffler!

19. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

Well what ``MclarenFIguy`` told u(his 6 choise) ,are the best I found.
    If u want something that gives u a ride, well buy anithing except a civic!!!

Good luck finding u a car!

20. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

one word - muscle

want another one? chevelle
    nother u ask? 454
    omfg another? 1970 chevy chevelle ss 454 big blok engine

21. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>one word - muscle

want another one? chevelle
    nother u ask? 454
    omfg another? 1970 chevy chevelle ss 454 big blok engine </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

loser.
    The 71 chevelle SS outclasses the 70 by a whole lot. But the guy wasn't asking about muscle cars was he? Get a life buddy.

22. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

soo lemme get this straight hes comparing the ricer rockets against the 800 hp vette? what kinda crazy mo fo is this?? get the vette u #$%#

23. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

-------------------------
    Do you mind if I ask how you managed to fit two turbos on a single exhaust header?

LOLOLOLOL...
    Thank you for pointing out the exact type of lie that I have called over and over.
    -------------------------

By the way, all though I am sure he is full of shit as well, it is possible to put twin turbos on an inline engine. Supra? Skyline? Also, the FD RX7 has twin turbos on a rotary, which has a single exhaust manifold. Also, they make aftermarket twin turbo kits... here is a picture of one on a MR2.

-Pyro Pat

24. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

Kick ass! Does it do anybetter than a larger turbo on the MR2? They tried twin t25s on dsms and it was no better than a normal 16G setup.

25. Re: Im trying to figure out which car i should but so im going t

I'd stick to the Talon; my aunt has one (not modified), and it's actually pretty luxurious, with great power. It's reletively cheap, too!