Imagine a 360 with NOS

Discussion in '2000 Ferrari 360 Modena' started by MR F40, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

Careful...i may have to get a divorce!!!

2. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

There is a LOT of misinformation about Nitrous Oxide, a common misconception is nitrous is dangerous for an engine, in fact nitrous makes horsepower the same way that any other engine modification does , by building cylinder pressure. there is the same risk for damage by adding turbos or a supercharger if you create to much cylinder pressure then you'll produce damage. its that simple.
    nirous is the most cost effective soruce of horsepower, its a viable alternative to turbos or supercharges, and some people use nitrous with other power adders , nitrous is most effective in short bursts that why its extremely popular in drag racing. now unless your gonna be drag racing a 360 modena i doubt you would need it, and on that note people used to think it was a insult to have anything less then a V12 in a Ferrari race car, until a V10 brought them two world chamionships.

3. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

360 + NOS = tasteless owner.

4. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

Yeah it'd die after a year of use...<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SpeedDemon</i>
    <b>

ANYFIN,SPECIALLY ,Cauz, WAT DO U DAT I AM RITE!!!!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Um, do you have a special keyboard? Yeah I can imagine a Ferrari with nos, at a tractor pull.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

yea...couldn't you just imagine how cool NOS would be with a Modena????

...sike<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

A Nos on a Ferrari??? A little insulting don't u think<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

Thought I would never see the day..Ferrari 360 with NOS. What is the deal? No Ferrari should be killed with NOS. It is not a bad idea, but I would never like to se it. Yeah, don't get me wrong, my S4 would be cool with NOS, but not European cars.

9. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

dude, audi is European. and no, i can't imagine a ferrari wit NOS<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

would u risk your 160k car with nos !!!! thats why people don't do it!!!!<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

First of all, you are all posers. NOS is a brand name, the proper term is Nitrous, you people have seen Fast and the Furious too much. Anyway, Nitrous would ruin a Ferrari. Nitrous is used for drag racing, but Ferraris are made for real racing.

12. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MR F40</i>
    <b>Careful...i may have to get a divorce!!! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

lol...that serious<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

NOS would ruin it.

14. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

i'll try to forget you said that, it doesnt need NOS

15. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

NOS is like cheating. it kills your engine and just gives you more power for a little time. And a Ferrari doesn't need NOS to go fast, it would be an insult to Ferrari if you put NOS in it.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

u see what movies can do to you!

all that fast and furious hype has reduced a lot of car fanatics to thinking that NOS is the answer to everything. this car is a balanced performance car, it's got braking, acceleration, fastness (for a lack of a better word), and handling. plus, the looks too.

putting a nitrous system on it would be a waste, and i'd consider it a disgrace to all ferraris.

17. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

oh please, are you ok, just keep imagining.

19. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

first of all.. V8, i agree, the car is fast enough, trust me, i've drivin one.
    if you NOS a ferrari, you WILL!!!! blow the crankshaft, and maybe crack the block,
    if for some reason you WANT more power (maybe you are compensating for something... eh eh...) twin turbno, it's a )reseonably) safe 800HP

20. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

Don't NOS the Ferrari<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

I'M TIRED OF TALKIN TO ASSHOLES WHO LOVE THOSE CRAPPY JAPENESE CARS OR VIPERS AND THAT KINDA SHITY CARS. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT REAL SPORTS CARS THEN TALK ABOUT A LAMBORGHINI, A FERRARI, AND ESPECIALLY THE NEW BUGATTI EB 16/4 VEYRON WHICH IS THE FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR RIGHT NOW, **** THE MCLAREN F1 OR STUPID ASS CHEVROLET CALLAWAY SLEDGEHAMMER CORVETTE.

THE VIPER IS REALLY UNDERPOWERED BECAUSE IT HAS A HUDGE V10 BUT A BMW V8 OR A PORSCHE 6CYLINDERS TWIN TURBO ENGINE WOULD BEAT IT. AND DON'T SAY ANY THING ABOUT A TUNED VIPER OR RACING VIPER CUZ IF THEY HAVE TO TUNE A V10 TO GET IT TO PERFORM GOOD THEN THEY REALLY HAVE PROBLEMS.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TALKIN TO ME ABOUT A SUBARU. THEY SUCK. PEOPLE ARE COMPARING IT TO A BMW, BUT THEY DON'T COMPARE STUFF LIKE TOPSPEED OR QUALITY AND STUFF LIKE THAT CUZ THEY KNOW THAT THE BMW WOULD WIN. AND IT'S AWD SYSTEM IS REALLY OLD, MY GRANDFATHER HAD A LANCIA DELTA WITH THE SAME AWD 25 YEARS AGO.

JAPENESE CARS SUCK MY LEFT NUT,
    AMERICANS HAVE GREAT CARS (CAMARO, TRANS AM...) AND SOME SHITY CARS (VIPERS, CORVETTES)
    EURO CARS ARE THE BEST.<!-- Signature -->

22. #22 krazyjl, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari F60</i>
    <b>NOS is like cheating. it kills your engine and just gives you more power for a little time. And a Ferrari doesn't need NOS to go fast, it would be an insult to Ferrari if you put NOS in it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

omg i can't believe how ignorant some posters are

nitrous and the cheating deal has been discussed a lot, if you look on www.streetracing.org, there was a long ass thread about whether or not nos is considered cheating, and its generally eaccepted in the street racing world that it ISNT.

secondly, NOS does NOT kill your engine. the added power of course strains the engine more, but it does not chemically or physically harm the engine. contrary to another post, it will NOT blow the black and crankshaft, unless you are pushing a HUGE amount of nitrous. nitrous (short for nitrous oxide, N2O) is an oxidizer that lets you run more air. it's like injecting oxygen basiaclly, so you can inject more fuel.

any engine gasoline engine (diesels probably too, at least i can't think of an immediate reason why not) could run NOS, just can it handle the extra power? that depends on how well the motor is built.

i do understand how it would, however, be a disgrace to the ferrari name, but shit i'd do it just to go faster and be unique.

23. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

NOS and a Ferrari? Yeah right that would never work. ONly someone who would want to blow themselves up would do an idiotic thing like that.

24. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

Using NOS isn't so much cheating, its something a lazy amateur wanna be would do to get more power. To do this to a Ferrari engine should be a capital offence, ccause thats what Ferrari engines are all about, highly tuned normally aspirated power from an exotic hand made engine. If you want more power from a Ferrari buy the Koenig(?) supercharged 360.

25. Re: Imagine a 360 with NOS

NOS is basically a poor-mans turbo. Except it isn't on all the time. Putting a turbo in here will be the most reasonable thing to do. But then other engine work will have to be done, like injectors and so forth.