Imports are better than American muscle!

Discussion in '1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo' started by Puk Fisher, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

This must be a kid.<!-- Signature -->

2. Even though street racing got started with the Nova and Chevelle, Japanese perfected the sport. How many times have you heard of a fixed-up muscle car beat a fixed-up Supra or even a civic?

3. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kid_rebel303</i>
    <b>How many times have you heard of a fixed-up muscle car beat a fixed-up Supra or even a civic? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i hear that shit all the time a muscle car could smoke any jap crap piece of shit and you know shit about cars, first of all if i put the same amount of cash into a muscle car as peps put into a ricer, the muscle car would kill it a souped up muscle car puts out around 450to 600 horse. and a jap mabee spills out 200 if you lucky so shut the hell up rate now!

And learn more about cars

4. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

know this car (300zx) is phat i love this car!

i just wanted to get that rite

5. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

First of all, if YOU knew anything about japanese cars, you would know that and import can have twice as much horse power as an american muscle car. It doesnt take luck to make a civic go over 200hp. Lets say that you have a hatchback civic. Now think about this, you swap out the factory engine and put in a B16A stroker. Which is still street legal. The engine costs about 7 grand. And thats with it being installed. The engine alone can push up to 600hp. Now just imagine this engine with headers, exhaust, intercooler, pulley kit, and just for fun, with a turbo.
    B16A Stroker- (lets say) 400hp (just to be fair)
    Headers- 5hp
    Exhaust kit- 10hp
    Intercooler- 0hp
    True Pulley kit- 38hp to the wheels
    Turbo- 60% increase in horse power

All that will equal about somewhere in the range of 650 to over 700hp.
    But here is the funny thing though. It really doesnt matter how much horse power you have. What really matters is how much torque you have to the wheels. Unfortunately alot of people dont understand that.

6. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

how about you learn a thing or two about cars moron
    ever notice why every other country (asian or european) never puts a v-8 in the front? answer: b/c its just about the stupidest thing you could do. having all that weight in the front makes the center of gravity in the front of the car... or in a way you'd understand it "Tha gosh darn handling of this here thingamajig sucks donkey manure". anything above a 6 cylinder needs to be a mid-engine.
    also horsepower and torque dyno sheets and 0-60 times dont mean shiznit if you don't have the right suspension, and if you haven't noticed imports rule a majority of car racing, the only thing they lose to american cars are drag races, and it aint by much. never once have i seen a domestic pull up to me and ask me to race him in a drift race.

7. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

Imports are better than American muscle but you can never forget about that Hessensey Viper or Lingenfelter Corvette =)

-Cave

8. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

imports arnt better tan american cars- and american cars arnt better than imports- its what these companies are willing to do to make better cars that attract certain customers- Ford / Toyota sell billions of dollars worth of cars every year, somehow i dont think their CEO is worried about their lame image to some punk kids that think top speed / 0-60 is all. you dont think GM or Honda can pump a billion or more into a car program and blow the Enzo or mclaren out of the water? They want money- period- and Enzos dont exactly sell like Cavaliers.

srry- got off track ^^

9. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

u r wrong
    do u think the BMW has any mid engine cars?
    what about Audi??? u think so, huh???
    and also think about Mercedez-Benz... any mid engine u can think about???
    yes, i am talking about V8 or above
    M5, RS4, CL500... i think they are V8 or above, agree??

10. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

something u have to admit
    if Ford made a million-dollar car, would u buy it???
    and i am sure not many manufactures can make cars as good as Ferrari or Porsche... even if they try... definitely not Ford

11. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

u r wrong
    M5, RS4, CL500... i think they are V8 or above, agree??

12. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

i think u already know the Gentleman thing
    they say they dont make any cars more than 276HP, i know some of the cars still have more than 276HP: Skyline, NSX, Supra... even if they do make more than 276HP, i dont think they will make any cars over 350HP
    so they will be no match for Covette or Viper, unless u tune up the cars
    if u know this, u wouldnt compare the American cars to Japanese cars

13. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

I have to admit that usually imports tend to be faster and that you can't drift in like a Pontiac GTO, but usually American muscle cars and imports aren't classified in the same category. I would take an import over a muscle car, but still I don't think it's right to compare imports and muscle. I think imports tend to be for different kinds of people too.

14. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

totall agree
    good point up there

15. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

American muscle is only good for loud mouthing any real drivers, just like the americans american muscle is stupid, pitiful and a serious waste of time, my 300 zx will take any american piece of trash and show them the door.

16. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

Doroth that is te single most stupid thing i have read today. A supra pumps out 320hp stock. Man I cant even be bothered writing anymore.

17. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

quote fro Big Hand:
    "u r wrong
    M5, RS4, CL500... i think they are V8 or above, agree??" end quote.
    In 1993 BMW released a prototype called the Nazca C2 with an Mid-Ship engine.

--Sorry for double post its the order i read it--

18. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

Honestly they all go fast. That is why we are all here, for speed.
    We pick the vehicle that speaks to us.

pick which ever car speaks to you regardless of its home country. I Personaly Like the 1994 Dodge Stealth TT. Dorothy of whatever their name was seemed to be set on the fact that his car was American muscle, he had A stealth TT/ 3000GT even though he wouldn't admit it.

Why get worried about crap like that? I bet he gets all down when he sees 3000GTs and gets all defensive, lighten up.

19. #19 McLarenF1Man, Oct 25, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

LOL!!! LOL!!! You have the stupidest post on here that I have ever seen. You are saying that a ticking time bomb 700 hp Honda Civic can make twice as much power as a American muscle car. You need to take your head out of your ass. A bigger engine equals more potential power and torque. And a old school V8 is the way to go to make a bullet proof engine. Read this article http://members.tripod.com/~juan_espero/engine.html and tell me what you think. A 500 hp Honda 4 banger is going to tear itself apart with that much power sooner or later. And you say that muscle cars can't make any power? Well let me see here. The 426 Hemi is hugely underrated at 425 hp when it actually makes well over 500 hp. The Chevrolet 427 L88 is hugely underrated at 430 hp when it really makes 560 hp. The Chevy 302 in the late '60s Camaro Z/28 was rated at 290 hp but when put on the dyno it really made 400 hp. And all the small and big block engines in the muscle cars had huge potential. You could bolt on a blower, headers, ported heads, new intake manifold, higher flowing carburetor, and install a higher lift camshaft and you could be makeing something around 500-700+ hp maybe 800 depending on compression and many other factors. And God knows how much insanse torque you would be making. And this is retaining the stock block.

And modern muscle cars such as the Camaro Z28 and SS, Firebird Formula and Trans Am, Viper, Corvette, Mustang GT and SVT Cobra have incredible potential also in the already potent package. The Lingenfelter Corvette 427 Twin Turbo makes 725 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque and runs 0-60 in 3.2 seconds (1.97 with drag slicks) and flies through the quarter mile in 9.5 seconds at 145 mph (8.95 @ 153 mph with slicks) which kills 99% of the vehicles that cross its path. It still retains the stock engine block.

The Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 1000TT makes 1092 hp and a earthmoving 1150 lb-ft of torque. The V10 has twin turbos bolted on and runs 0-60 in 2 seconds, 0-100 in 5 seconds and covers the quarter mile in 8.93 @ 149 mph.

All your fancy Honda CRXs and Toyota Corrolas with your twin turbo 2 liter 4 bangers with 100 hp shot of nitrous think your so cool but your just sitting on a time bomb. And your acceleration is hampered by front wheel drive which is terrible for drag racing. It can not get the power to the ground as well as rear wheel drive.

Now I know nobody probablly read any of that but I am trying to make a point that American muscle does not suck at all.

20. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

i think that american musscle is way better than imports. if you know somthing about cars, the torqe is more important than hp. and only slanty eyed gookes and japs drive them, not to mention they dont know how to drive too.

21. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

This thread contains the largest conglomeration of morons I have ever seen (with a few notable exceptions). Generalization and false information were rampant.
    To the idiot who said that you can't put a V8 up front, consider that the Corvette has a 55/45 front/rear weight distribution- rather close to perfect if you ask me. Consider that an all aluminum V8 such as the LT5 or ZL1 has a lighter block than an iron V6. Consider that racing automobiles have had front mounted V8s for years and still won races.
    The larger block of a V8 also allows for much more modification and much more power without strengthening. In fact, if you bore it out (common practice for increasing displacement and thus power), you are actually weakening the block, but it will handle the power nonetheless (and I'm talking about numbers around 700 horsepower). Being simpler, the pushrod V8 is also much easier to fix. Overhead cams and such may be nice, but they are a pain to fix (which is why a ZR1 is considered totalled if the engine quits and the agency has no LT5 tech to repair it). Personally, I would prefer to modify a muscle car over a japanese car any day (unless I was like many rycer kids and had some shop do it, or just put on a bolt on part, which is about as involved as changing a tire.)

22. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

Maybe you should try race a jap import before disrespecting them so. American musclemight be powerful, but so are fat guys, that doesn't make them fast.

23. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

I'm not sure if that comment was directed at me, but if it was, let it be known that I don't mean to disrespect any car (though my statement that I would rather soup a muscle car could be construed as such, it merely reflects my personal preference). I merely try to correct the misconceptions many people have about American cars, in particular the Vette. And if you would like to refute things I say in the future, please do so in a grammatically correct manner.

24. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

n00bs.

25. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

I find this thread very amusing. A Classic.