Imports are better than American muscle!

Discussion in '1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo' started by Puk Fisher, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

Quote from kid_rebel303
    How many times have you heard of a fixed-up muscle car beat a fixed-up Supra or even a civic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screw You! What are you one of those 2f2f idiots who don't know anything about cars!? That Yenko could KILL any Supra or whatever!

2. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

ok to evoandy...have you ever seen a STOCK Dodge Viper try to get around a road course.....I would be willing to bet that my 98 Altima could get around a road course faster than the Viper just because of the amount of times that the driver of the Viper would have to turn that big car around after the ass end comes around on him numerous times......now in a straight line I wouldn't even attempt.

3. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

What kind of idiot compares a Lingenfelter Vette and a Hennessey Viper to a Honda CRX and a Toyota Corolla...... lets try comparing the Calsonic Skyline or a Top Secret Supra to a Chevy Cavalier or a Pontiac Grand Am......hmmmmm the tables are turned on that one now arent they.....

4. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

HaH!... any one in here in Campbell Cali... ill show ya wats up o_0

5. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

I agree , american muscle cars are big,ugly,heavy and slow and are not match for a 300ZX TT ,especially a modded one.

6. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

Why don't we compare the team oreca viper to a calsonic skyline or a the castrol tom's supra? Yep, my stock crx can take a viper.(sarcasm). Not a ton of people think that. Twin turbo 4 banger? Most opt for a single turbo setup. Don't get me wrong, i love muscle cars, but i don't need a gas hog, insurance-expensive car for an everyday driver. God, i wish my dad kept his 78 trans am. Loved that car, it had power, but just didn't handle well. Also, how many people can afford a Hennessey Viper or a lingenfelter vette? Drag racing, i will take a V8 for raw power and torque. For the track or auto-x, a tuned inline six wouldn't be bad. The vette is getting better, but i can't afford insurance on it or the price. People have their own opinions on what the car they would like. Loyal Americans will always love the power of a V8, and tuners will want the tuneability of an I4 of I6.

7. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

yea American muscles suck big time...Jap cars rule

8. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

Wow!! some people are stupid! jap cars are better than american mucle?
    ok then compare the dodge viper srt-10 and the 2002 corvette zo6 to the twin turbo supra and the skyline r34. the corvette wouuld kill the skyline in handling and down the straights. the viper would beat the supra through the corners and pull the supra down the straights so far. the skylines topspeed is like 155 and the Zo6 is like 175(due to legal Reasons) and the vipers topspeed is like 190 and the supra is 155!!!!!!! wounder who would win? the best jap cars(Supra, and skyline) vs Viper and corevette

Ever see the video of the lingenfelter vette vs an eagle talon? the eagle had loads of stuff done to it and the vette had 150 shot of nos and heads and cams nothing else and the vette killed them so bad

9. Re:

Well that was an entertaining read...Most of you have a lot to learn.

10. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

CHRIST KIDS! Next time, ask your parents if you can get on the internet first, or you might totally embarrass yourselves like you little boys did right now.

98.7543% of the crap in this thread is pure bull shit. I came to that conclusion by just seeing that this thread is in the Indies, I didn't even have to read one post.

Please, everyone throw your computers out the window and yourselves along with it, before I have to crush your puny little minds with my mind-numbingly amazing repertoire of car knowledge.

That is all.

11. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

nice r1cer math moron

12. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

You Gran Turismo boys are awesome! It sucks in the game and always spins out so it must suck in real life. Holly shit go look at the skidpad on a viper.

13. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

I am a huge nissan fan, but many of you guys are so retarded and ignorant to talk about shit you cannot prove.

F-, go get timeslips and track times, and video proof before you start saying your altima(or any other car) can lap a track faster...

...everything comes into play

1) What track?
    2) what weather?
    3) what driver (the majority of this board is teenage drivers, wich suck, so we should let a pro take the track)
    4) What car?
    5) what tires
    6) What wheels
    7) how much gasoline is in the tank?
    Ect
    ect
    ect

There is so many factors at play. I hate to say it, probably many of you have awesome cars, but you are all R!cers or Domestic E-Thugs. I like a lot of cars, but I know a Stock Corvette Z06 is going to destroy stock nissans. That has been proven.

as for the comment about the engines in the front being a bad idea... have you even looked at the ratio of front to back weight of cars from the 60's onward? or are you just yapping away?

Good god its people like many of you that make this board suck. Know when to NOT lie, flame, or ***** about things... perhaps you will become more of a human.

14. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

I am a huge nissan fan, but many of you guys are so retarded and ignorant to talk about shit you cannot prove.

F-, go get timeslips and track times, and video proof before you start saying your altima(or any other car) can lap a track faster...

...everything comes into play

1) What track?
    2) what weather?
    3) what driver (the majority of this board is teenage drivers, wich suck, so we should let a pro take the track)
    4) What car?
    5) what tires
    6) What wheels
    7) how much gasoline is in the tank?
    Ect
    ect
    ect

There is so many factors at play. I hate to say it, probably many of you have awesome cars, but you are all R!cers or Domestic E-Thugs. I like a lot of cars, but I know a Stock Corvette Z06 is going to destroy stock nissans. That has been proven.

as for the comment about the engines in the front being a bad idea... have you even looked at the ratio of front to back weight of cars from the 60's onward? or are you just yapping away?

Good god its people like many of you that make this board suck. Know when to NOT lie, flame, or ***** about things... perhaps you will become more of a human.

15. Re: Imports are better than American muscle!

lol

Maybe someone should teach him the reason why that happens on GT is because the button throtle is either fully on or off.

So technically if you were in a real viper, its like stomping the gas everytime you needed to go, instead of easing on it... wich is impossible in the game unless you have one of those stearing wheel setups and junk..

haha, but good poing. Score 1 for the regular forum guys.

16. I can afford..[and own]..a 300ZX..can you go buy a Viper? How about a Z06?
    It's all about affordable speed gentlemen..Affordable speed.

17. Ok now first of all to the underminded stupid child who said that a vette or a viper is no match for a Supra or a little Civic is lame and needs to be educated on cars. Now let me tell you a little fact no one in their right mind would want a 600 horsepower Civic it would be to much power for the little front wheel drive to handle. This is what would happen lets see all that power and the weight of the engine on those small tires would surely give you no grip. I know one thing a 600hp civic can beat a vette or viper at and you know what it is a pilling out contest yeah now doesent that just tickle your fancy!!! Secondly if you know shit about physics you would not compare a FF vehicles acceleration performance to a FR vehicles, because the force of acceleration pushes the weight of the car to the rear wheels giving them more grip for faster acceleration but with a FF car it robs the grip from the front duh. I could go on and on about many other driving physics factors but that will take me till hell freezez over.

Well anyway as I always say to single minded so called car enthusiasts who only like Imports or Domestics and seem to loath every other car is YOU ARE VERY STUPID! every car serves its own purpose. For example you do not not see many tuned Volvos racing you know why they are mainly concerned about driving safty (hence the fact that they invented the three way seatbelt) but this is not to stat that there is no sporty Volvo in existance. Although I think Mazda RX7's are the best in every way, if tuned correctly I am not so stupid as to say that every car sucks besides this one that is just tutulitaryly lutacris.

Stupid people should be banned from this site realy.

18. Look its rather stupid to compare some little four banger to a V-10 or V-8. Come on seriously a Supra is nothing without some kind of advanage like a turbo mod or carlength givin in the race.

Ever wonder why they always wanna race from a roll? to get there RPM's high enough so that the Turbos are running at there highest. They ride around with dragslicks, racing gas as well, otherwise they would only be capable of running 12.3 at the dragstrip on 1000hp motor.

Skylines are the most overated POS ever created for the road, just because you mod them doesn't make them the fastest cars in the world. A stock Camaro SS would rape a Skyline GTR.

You show me stock non turboed Imports that can beat a V-8 and I swear ill eat my words. The EVO and 3000GT, 300ZX WRX STi are the only imports I have respect for simply because they where racing against the best. Import aren't sh1t unless they are modified.

19. In all honesty, I find "imports" (JDM) the better car, for the simple fact that they are not cheaply built and have more racing and driving capabilities than any muscle car, but I also like some muscles like the Camaro and the Charger or the Mustang as they look good and are well known. The problem I find with "Muscle vs Import" is that most of the muscle fans or owners are too stubborn and ignorant to listen and take in the information when someone is talking about an "Import" and will not accept the fact that some or most imports are better... I know this because I have many friends who are exactly like this and have met many others exactly the same... But the truth about the cars is that muscle cars can only go in a straight line fast, put them next to an import on a track like the nurburgring the import will win by about five minutes, the suspension and steering systems on muscle are poorly and cheaply built, even today.

20. I have no idea why nobody mentioned the 2013 Shelby gt500 which puts out a STOCk 650hp and 630 lb-ft torque. And what about the new hellcat from dodge. This sucker puts out a huge 707hp STOCK and 645 lb-ft torque. Not to mention both of these are unmodded and under $70,000. You just can't argue that that wouldn't be more fun than even a gt-r.

Muscle Baby. Ford!!!