...In case that no one noticed the price!!

Discussion in '2001 BMW M3 GTR' started by Vladi000, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Yeah it's sweet car, but for $470,000.00 I would rather get something else even as racing team chief

2. Re: ...In case that no one noticed the price!!

get a loan -cuz yer definatly gonna make it all back in the winnings

3. Re: ...In case that no one noticed the price!!

I guess maybe. But consider that this is a full on race spec car. That means a lot on the track. This could be mch cheaper if every single component on it were not top of the line, and it would have similar performance. But that little edge is the name of the game, and it is worth it in racing.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: ...In case that no one noticed the price!!

actually the car costs about $250,000 and will be making less than 444 hp for the road going version. (source: motor trend). in addition i have noticed this widespread concept with bang per buck apparent in many forums especially in the exotic car forums with people making comments saying that this isn't worth buying or what not. what you fail to realize is that the car isn't designed for MOST PEOPLE DRIVING IT. meaning they can charge astronomically high prices, but in the hands of the rich people that buy it its really pocket change. think about it if your rich enough to purchase a car like this what's antoher 250k? what's another 500k even? also you might not have read that the car needed to have a road going example so that it may be raced, meaning bmw MUST produce the car in order to race the car, so of course its going to cost a lot. in addition a lot of exotic cars are hand-made with no air tools (people make the engines from hand) and some of the shops that do them are just local shops that put them together...in the case of hte koenigsegg it was built in a barn...so obviously they can't make it cheap...

5. Re: ...In case that no one noticed the price!!

never mind, you'll never have one with your intelligence

6. Re: ...In case that no one noticed the price!!

TRUE WORDS!!!!!!! (POST BEFORE MINE)

7. Re: ...In case that no one noticed the price!!

Ya its not really first car material.

8. Re: ...In case that no one noticed the price!!

its not the prettiest in the bunch or the cheapiest but it's one of the loudest

9. Re: ...In case that no one noticed the price!!

Not a problem, I would like to sponsor you a 1/18 Die cast model...