Inline 6 rules over all

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by imprezalover, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

An f-22 raptor is better than the f-15<!-- Signature -->

2. The Inline 6 is the best engine ever created, so all you haters shut the F@#$ up with your girly camaro's and viper's.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ibanez281</i>
    <b>One is built for dragging. The other is built for track racing. It would be a good match on either side anyway, but you can't say one car is better than the other when they are meant to perform different tasks.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I couldn't agree more... It is like comparing a F-15 with a B-52, two totally different tasks at hand. I do not care for Japanese sports cars and have always loved American muscle, but I have to admit this car is pretty damn nice.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

yeah..but thats a fighter jet..what are you ppl talking about. The engine that rules them all is the J series used in the Saturn 5 booster. 0-60 in... 0.25

5. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

I think the Flat-6 is a better engine. better balanced, and has better potential in a car, better front to real balance and center of gravity. The inline-6 has a long crank so it has natural torsional vibration. 6 cylinders period IMO opinion are the best engines

6. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

I couldn't agree more with you Imprezalover, I also agree the inline 6 RB26DETT (skyline R34 GTR) engine, is the best overall engine in the world. First of all because they are really not all that expensive to buy them new (which is like $6000.00 USD). Second they are very very strong and can with stand massive amounts of abuse and turbo boost or psi. Third you can tune those engines up so much and easily for a fraction of the price, than you could any other engine that can put out over 1000 hp. And since when are we comparing these cars to top fuel dragsters, I would like to see a top feul dragster even set a tire on a public road, or in that case even turn a corner. PWT and their old V8's when are they going to accept new technology.

7. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

When are you going to accept that the top three most built up engines on the planet are: 1. pre 87 Chevy 350, 2. Ford 302, 3. post 87 Chevy 350. People build these engines the most for reasons, while I respect the inline 6 for its abilities and what Japan can do with it, it is by no means a clear cut better engine than anything.

I know a certain 468 ci. V8 with an est. 800 HP that just ran a 6.84, 6.83, and 6.80 in the 1/8 mile. The engine itself was built for under $8,000.

Technology is good, but when will you kids learn to respect what V8's (and all engines for that matter) have already proven? I.E. Fastest street legal car = '55 Chevy Bel Air w/ a V8 running a 5.55 in the 1/4 mile.

8. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b>When are you going to accept that the top three most built up engines on the planet are: 1. pre 87 Chevy 350, 2. Ford 302, 3. post 87 Chevy 350. People build these engines the most for reasons, while I respect the inline 6 for its abilities and what Japan can do with it, it is by no means a clear cut better engine than anything.

I know a certain 468 ci. V8 with an est. 800 HP that just ran a 6.84, 6.83, and 6.80 in the 1/8 mile. The engine itself was built for under $8,000.

Technology is good, but when will you kids learn to respect what V8's (and all engines for that matter) have already proven? I.E. Fastest street legal car = '55 Chevy Bel Air w/ a V8 running a 5.55 in the 1/4 mile.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

But can it drive through the mountain twisties?<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Godspd</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b>When are you going to accept that the top three most built up engines on the planet are: 1. pre 87 Chevy 350, 2. Ford 302, 3. post 87 Chevy 350. People build these engines the most for reasons, while I respect the inline 6 for its abilities and what Japan can do with it, it is by no means a clear cut better engine than anything.

Technology is good, but when will you kids learn to respect what V8's (and all engines for that matter) have already proven? I.E. Fastest street legal car = '55 Chevy Bel Air w/ a V8 running a 5.55 in the 1/4 mile.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

But can it drive through the mountain twisties?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Can an Integra R or an Accord V6 handle mountain twisties very well, no they can't because they wern't designed to. Besides, can those production cars that do rally fare well in the 1/4 or top speed? How many mountain towns do you know of with streetraces anywhere near as common as a 1/4+ mile races?

10. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from imprezalover</i>
    <b>The Inline 6 is the best engine ever created, so all you haters shut the F@#$ up with your girly camaro's and viper's.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The farthest picture on the right is not an inline-6 it is actually a 3S-GTE 4 cylinder, that is from the Top secret 200mph Supra. I like the RB26DETT engine, Top secret also specializes in RB26 conversions into the Supra so you can have the best of both worlds, Aerodynamic supra with a high-revving, high boost RB26DETT engine mmmmm!

11. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

Thats why a strret legal American car is better than a non street legal Jap crap!

WHo cares about so much handling, where the hell do u live? on a mountain Highway?, If U live in the country or the city, ure not gonna handle the car on turns u Idiot! all streets are straightaways!DUMASS!!! U can only drive cars with good handling on a damn circuit! SO SHUT THE HELL UP, that just proves Drag RAcing, not only IS REAL RACING, BUT it is THE ONLY REAL RACING!!!! If it isnt The only REAL RACING then It is the ORIGINAL TYPE OF RACING!!

SO anti Drag Racing FANs!! SHUT THE HELL UP U STUPID MORONS!

JAPS=CRAP

skyline vs z06 in(speed and accelaration and handling) = Zo6 KILLS
    Buick GNX vs stock skyline= Buick RIPS apart skyline in speed and handles almost as well and has the body of a luxury car!
    Cobra Top speed vs skyline top speed= Skyline loses again!
    Camaro ZL1 rips apart skyline blitz and is strret legal

Highly modified skyline vs Corvette Lingenfelter= Corvette Mutilating and Brutally beating it in speed and accelaration, (I dont know about handling , because cars with that much power cant really handle well, even If they are something like a porsche or cars made for handling!)

But im sure Corvette will still handle better, because Zo6 handled better than a reg skyline r33 and r34

Bottom Line AMERICAN CARS RULE AND WHOOP SKYLINES @SS!!!! and for that matter v8s RULE!!!!

Plus complicated cars are Dumb, that’s why Simple and non electronic cars American Muscle v8s Rule…U japs have to use damn computers and electronic crap To WIN!!!

While US can make a carburated Naturally aspirated engine and KILL ure damn Jap crap cars

Now don’t get me wrong im not against turbos or chips, But the feel of an all motor all mechanical part motor just feels awesome!!

SO Bottom Line again V8 RULES OVER ALL MOTORS from V twins to v16s to rotaray wankels, V8 is KING!

12. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

KKKMAN DOES HAVE A POINT THERE YOU CAN PUT A 1000HP SKYLINE UP ANGAINST A BONE STOCK VIPER YES THE SKYLINE WIN BUT YOU STRIP THE TURBOS FROM AND TUNNER CAR WHAT DO YOU HAVE NOTHING. INLINE6 DOES NOT RULE OVER YOU GOT TO LOOK AT THE WORLD FASTEST CAR THE MCLREAN F1 YOU DONT SEE THAT USEING A TURBO OR COMPUTER JUST PURE PERFORMANCE. YOU TALK ABOUT A VIPER LOSEING TO A R!CER FUNNY A VIPER WAS BUILT FOR SPEED. A SKYLINE IS LIKE A BMW ITS JUST A NICE CAR TO DRIVE AND HONDA CIVICS WERE MADE TO GET YOU FROM POINT A TO POINT B. THERE ARE NO R!CERS OUT THERE THAT HAS THE SPEED AND PERFORMANCE OF A VIPER. HAVE YOU EVER DRIVIN A VIPER BEFORE? I HAVE AND THERE ARE NO HONDA OUT THERE THAT IS STREET LEGAL THAT CAN PUSH YOU BACK INTO YOUR SEAT LIKE A VIPER. AND A VIPER HENNSEY HOLDS WORLD FASTEST 1/4 MILE 89.3 @150MPH STREET LEGAL YOU CAN SAY 'HEY I SAW A SUPRA GO FASTER THAN THAT BUT I GOT PROF. LET ME SEE HE ITS ALSO A V10. MCLREAN F1 A V12. FAST MODED CAR A CALLAWAY CORVETTE A V8 TWIN TURBO. AND THE WORLD FASTEST CARS DONT HAVE INLINE6S THEY HAVE V10 AND V12 AND THEY ARE FAST AND REGARDLESS OF WHAT SAY YES YOU CAN PUT A 1000HP IN A R1CER BUT WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE PUTS A 1000HP IN A LAMBO? I DONT SEE ANY STREET LEGAL SUPRA HITTING 240+MPH. SO WHAT YOU REALLY SHOULD SAY IS CARS WITHOUT MODS RULE OVER ALL. F22 IS NO MATCH FOR EUROFIGHTERS!!!....IM KIDDING!

13. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

Thanks for agreeing with me there and I dont mean to offend you, but some stuff u way there doesnt make sense, like "A SKYLINE IS LIKE A BMW " and other stuff like that. I mean I get some stuff u are saying, but others I dont! and once again I dont mean to offend you, Plus the fastest car in the world Is a v8 ....NHRA Top Fuel and Funny Cars and Pro STock! Plus any Pure AMerican Muscle Cars will even beat the highest performance italian v12s or japanese inline 6s! Naturally aspirated V8s! I Love em!

Street legal fastest car in the world =v8!...naturaly aspiorated fastest cars=V8 Fastest acceleration and fastest car in the world=v8!

Most popular engines in the world=V8

Used in Trucks, Nascar, NHRA, and Most drag cars, Most Muscle Cars and The fastest cars out there USE v8s!

14. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

KKKMAN THE WORLD FASTEST CAR USES A V12 THE MCLAREN F1 IS NOT A FUNNY CAR OR A DRAGSTER. A LAMBORGHINI CAN BEAT A CHEVY NOVA ON A TRACK! A NASCAR HAS A V8 THEY VERY STRONG BUT LETS SEE A V8 TAKE ON A LEMANS PROTOTYPE WITH A V12! I WOULD TAKE A V8 OVER A CIVIC 4 BUT I STILL LIKE SKYLINES! THERE MY BENTLEYS. I DONT THINK A 69 GTO CAN TAKE ON A NEW MURCIELAGO.\ OR HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE 1000+HP SUPRAS THOSE THINGS CAN BE FAST! ON THE STREET. I ONLY AGREED WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU MAKE MORE SINCE COMPARED TO SAYING THE BEST ENGINE IS A V6. I WOULD RATHER SEE A V8 THAN A 6 BUT A V12 SMOKES THEM BOTH! WHAT CAN I SAY?

15. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

It doesnt smoke em Both.....A Ford GT will Kill a Ferrari or Lambo....Unless the Ferrari is an f40 or enzo(but how much are u paying?) A v8 can be tuned to Kill a v12, a v16, a rocket car if it wants

The fastest accelerating car NHRA Top Fuel

1/4 mile in 4.4 sec at 320 mph
    0-100mph in .8 sec!!!!!!! thats right 0.8 seconds!!
    FASTEST = v8!!!!!!!!

Mclaren F1...worlds fastest production car...MAybe, it depends on the way u look at it! because The Lingenfelter Corvette is also a Production corvette with a special package and it does 0-60 in 1.9 sec the 1.4 mile in the 9s!!!! Mclaren is in the 11s and I believe the New Shelby does 11 flat 1/4, which ia gonna break the mclaren record...Now as for top speed mclaren does win...But i can make a Dragster for under 50k thatll hit a top speed of 250!!, If I want ill get a sleek body and put stiff suspension...then Ill have good handling as well!!! So see the best bang for ure buck is a Corvette Z06 or the new Corvette C6!! or make a Camaro ZL1 , with getting a regular camaro, buying a crate motor 720 Hp 527 ci for under 13k! install, change a few things, and U have a ZL1!!!

16. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

inline four N/A tuned motors from spoon sports and Mugen are also really good too

im not a honda fan, but i mean mugen makes pretty good motors for honda vehicles

but yes i do agree that the inline six is great

17. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

A ford GT couldnt take on a murcielago or an enzo on the track. remember a V12 can be tunned also and with just basic mods on a murcielago or diablo you can have anywere 700awhp to 1400awhp! im talking top speeds well over 240mph. A rocket car maybe fast in a steight line but on the track a hole new ball game! i go of who cars should be rated against each other. if your going to have a yenko camaro vs a jota lamborghini diablo the best place to see the race is on a track, not a drag strip. a ligenfilter is like a hennsey viper its tunned!. i like my cars bone stock. the new shebly cant break the record of the mclaren because that has a tunned c5r engine and in the guness book of world records they dont alow any modded cars in there and like it or not the mclaren is stock. there many cars out there that are faster than a mclaren but there all tunned. The best bang for your buck is a kitcar! like it or not what would run you like 90k to 200k would cost about 60k on a replicacar. ex a cobra kitcar can out handle and out run the orginal and you pay less on it than a new corvette!. there manythings you have to concider its easy to build a dragster but hard to make supercars. the be engine in the world is a V12 you can build anyway you want. you can drive it daily and race it on the weekends.

18. Re: Inline 6 rules over all

The Inline holds more power but the Flat sounds way better.

19. accualy it was more like 0.23