Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

Discussion in '1952 Porsche-Glöckler 356 Roadster' started by IronMan38, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The Ford lightning and the New Silverado SS are both great trucks, I think I would rather have A SS than a lightning.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

The SS seems more like a cruising truck to me, like the Harley Davidson F-150. I'd rather have a Lightning, but a 2001 model<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

what he said

4. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

it would be fun to race the ss in my 2002. i just love the sound of that supercharger. errrrrrrr whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

5. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

this would eat the SS for lunch

6. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

I'd agree

7. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

i agree a regular f-150 with no s/c would be able to keep up with a ss silverado but ford better watch there back the new ss is said to have corvette cylinder heads but i think the lightning will most likely still be able to beat it

8. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

Im not a huge Ford fan, but I think these things would beat a SS in a race pretty easily. But, the SS is more of a cruiser, and a better match for the Harley addition, which is more of a competitor. Both great trucks though.

9. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

Stats show that the full-size Harley Davidson version F-150 is faster than the SS which is half the size.

10. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

no, the ford lightning is no match for the silverado SS, i have seen them in action and the chevys are ultra fast!

11. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

Your head is full of shit. The Lightning is faster, tests prove it.

12. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

Exactly. But those Harley F-150s are sooo damn sweet. They are sooo luxerious and powerful.

13. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

I think we all have this same oppinion.

14. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

and then the 500hp lightning with fords new 3v heads will be out as well and the chevy will still be an overpriced slow ass pos.

15. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

Ok youre the smart one here. I guess that everyone is wrong and the F-150 Lightning isnt the fastest truck on earth. Youd better call Ford and everyone else whos tested these trucks and tell them their wrong.

16. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

brakfast, lunch, dinner. which ever you perfer

17. Re:
    Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

I WOULD RATHER HAVE AN SS TOO, IT CAN FLAT GET IT, OUTPULL THE FORD, STILL HOLD THE CHEVY STYLE AND BEAUTY, AND ITS AWD, NOT RWD

18. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

ummm, no. [minus awd vs rwd]

19. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

umm yea but not quite fast enough
    i love chevy
    i like the new SS but i think it doesn't have enough power and preformance to wear the SS badges and i think it is way to expensive
    but its nice
    the lightning is faster though

20. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

Truckin' already did a test with these two trucks and the lightning won, check it out for yourself

21. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

Dont you think its sad that the legendary SS emblem has been implanted on so many cars that it now is implanted on trucks and even SUVs? I mean, who's gonna need a 400 horsepower Suburban? The SS emblem basically showed that the car had speed, agility, and coolness. But now-a-days, its being wasted on Suburbans and such. Suburbans are not that fast and FAR from agile. Now they're adding a couple extra horses and slapping dual golden S's and expecting them to be true to their heritage? THATS INSANE!

As for this vs. Silvy SS, people dont realize that this is a PROVEN fast truck. This truck is as fast as alot of sports car. The Silvy is just a truck with a below-standard 4x4 setting and a legendary emblem slapped on it. Not to mention, the Silvy is a.) bigger, b.) heavier, c.) longer and d.) has less power. This truck can haul and I mean HAUL. Ive seen these things on the streets and they're quite amazing. This will have the Silvy for breakfast AND lunch.

22. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

well i will tell you that if you race a ss in your lightning you will
    smoke its ass i have a friend w/ a lightning and we raced a new ss and whiped its ass. the ss will beat you off the line to about 25 or 30mph and then you will leave it!!!!

23. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

And even then. The only reason the SS beats the Lightning off he line iscuz of AWD. After that, it's all lighting.

24. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

all these gay comments that an ss will out tow the lighting duh!!! the lightning is a sport truck not a hauler(cept for ass) if you want a ford hauler get a power stroke or somehting oh and the lighting hauls 5000lb, i dunno bout the ss.

25. Re: Is it a Match for the new Silverado SS?

Who created this topic? Its title is literally backwards. Its not about the Lightning being able to compete with the SS