Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

Discussion in '2003 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG' started by poland au, Aug 10, 2002.

1. If you have opened this and are reading this message right now. Let me ask you. What do you think of this Mercedes? What do you think of it looks and its specifications as well as any extras to the car.

2. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

THIS A PIECE OF $#!% WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. OMG LOOK AT THIS SHIRT THIS IS SUCH A NICE SHIRT. IS SUCH A NICE SHIRT. LOOK AT THIS SHIRT. SORRY I'M WATCHING THE HOME SHOPPING NETWORK. IT IS SO NICE! BACK TO YOU YOU INSIGNIFIGANT LIMABEAN. I WILL EAT YOU AND YOUR MERCEDES BENZ AND GIVE THE LEFTOVERS TO MY CAT-BIRD "OMAJUHL"

3. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

ok that a)made no sense and b)is not correct. The SL is not a piece of shit and, much to my dismay, beats most BMWs. Its is a fantastic car and is the only car that beats the BMW in its class.

4. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

In my opinion it seems that the AMGs have the upper hand now, at least by the acceleration figures.

Let's take a look:

Sports Sedans-
    2003 E55 AMG
    0-60: 4.2 sec
    1/4 mile: 12.4 sec (as tested by Road and Track)

2003 BMW M5
    0-60: 4.8 sec
    1/4 mile: 13.3 sec (as tested by Road and Track)

2 Seater GT cars-
    2003 SL55 AMG
    0-60: 4.4 sec
    1/4 mile: 12.5 sec

2003 BMW Z8
    0-60: 4.7 sec
    1/4 mile: 12.8 sec

Luxury Sedans: (note- there is no official //M variant for the luxury sedans but the V12 760Li is the fastest edition of the current 7 series)
    2003 S55 AMG
    0-60: 4.5 sec
    1/4: 12.6 sec

2003 760Li
    0-60: 5.6 sec
    1/4: 14.0 sec

BMW doesn't make a Coupe like the CL; however, the CL55 AMG has nearly the exact same stats of the 2003 S55 AMG. Anyway, in terms of the roadsters, the old M Roadster and the SLK32 AMG are nearly on par. The M3 still edges out the refurbished 2003 C32 AMG and clearly edges the CLK32 AMG. I think it's safe to say that the M3 is the best car in its class. Aside from the M3, it would appear to me that Mercedes currently has the upper-hand against BMW after years of being behind in performance. Oh well, to everyone his own.

5. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

#$%# off.

In my opinion, this is the best mercedes benz, it looks incredibly gr8, performs like hell, have the folding hard top and all the technological advances you can ever think of.

comparing it to the McLaren SLR is not fair, the SLR is surely faster, and rarer, but the SL55 is a looooooot cheaper, and is a convertable car. so i think it is the best mercedes ever.

6. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

The best Mercedes ever? Are you guys crazy? What about the CLK-GTR?? it's got a top speed of over 300km/h! but when it comes to looks, i prefer the SL 55 AMG too. This and the SLR McLaren are in my opinion the best looking convertibles today.

7. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

Actually 300km/h is as far as it will go. No tires support the demands of such a heavy car above those speeds. Aftermarket tuners will give you 320km/h, but that's really pushing it.

8. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

I love this car. Period.

But I prefer M Power over AMG.

9. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

this car is the BESTTT!

10. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

HEY ASSHOLE WHAT THE #$%# R U SAYING I OWN THE SL55 AND IN BRABUS DESIGN AND TRUST ME IT'S BETTER THAN THE Z8 I HAD SOLD OK SO DON'T SPEAK BULSHIT

11. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

BY TE WAY THAT PICTURE AINT MY CAR

12. Re: Is it just me or is this the best mercedes ever?????????????

Dude you got no idea. This car is the bomb. It's one of my 3 fav cars.

13. Re:

Ummmm, NO. Must i say more?

14. I have driven one