is it worth it?

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by plumber60, Mar 22, 2003.

1. £97500 do you think it's worth that much? Cos i do, but id like it in the old GULF petroleum racing colours.

2. Re:

£97500..??? Hell no it's not worth it,for nearly a hundred grand I'd get
    either a Lotus Elise,Ferrari f355 or an Acura NSX.

3. Re: Re:

yeah go ahead and get those underpower, overrated cars and be CREAMED on any race track or stoplight. the Elise isn't overpriced but it's no match against a car such as this. the NSX and F355 can take the turns but so can the GT, and when you get the the first straight-away all you'll see of the GT is it's tailpipes.

(oh yeah and the F355 is about the same price as this)

4. Re: Re:

None of those cars are overrated, only to fools like you who see the hp rating and automatically claim that it's either good, bad or mediocre, without even looking at the weight, drivetrain, chasis, etc.

Perform the well established K20 engine swap in the Elise and this won't be able to pull on the Elise, infact it'll have difficulty keeping up on the turns or once you hit the straightaway.

5. Re: Re:

Why? This car is faster than all of the ones you just named. And the Acura NSX? That is possibly the most overpriced car even made. What is it at like 95,000 and it has a V6? What a joke. And a F355? The production on the newest F355 (the F1) stop 6 years ago. And all 3 of the F355 (GTS, Spider, F1) All go 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. A Camaro SS or a Mustang Cobra could beat that let alone this car EASILY do it.

6. Re: Re:

Tell me, how many Mustangs have achieved a Nurburgring time of 7:56?

The high price is for the handling and overall build quality dipshit, and you definitely get what you pay for. I find it humourous how people are always bashing the NSX for its "low power" or small, non V-8 engine, yet it is consistently able to keep up with and even surpass cars that are supposedly so much faster than it.

You don't pay for the speed in the NSX, (though it has a higher top speed than the Mustang SVT Cobra, odd huh?). And Speed isn't everything dumbass, if it were, F1 cars would be on an oval track just like NAWSKAR, and the speeds would be considerably higher than they currently are.

One good thing about the price of the NSX is NO Redneck like you, who doesn't even understand the true meaning of what a REAL car actually is, will EVER be able to own one.

7. Re: Re:

Ya guess what moron. The SVT Cobra costs less than a third as much as an Acura NSX or Ferrari 355 so of course it will not be as refined as those cars!!! A car with a 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds and a 1/4 mile time of 12.7 for ONLY $34,750 is not something to be ignored. You could buy after-market suspension parts for a couple thousand dollars and keep up with the Ferrari and Acura while still costing a whole lot less.

BTW the Cobra only has a top speed of 155 mph because it is governor limited!!!!! It has an estimated top speed of 175 mph without the governor. Get you facts strait next time.

8. #8 Ford rulez, Apr 9, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Re:

Perhaps you should read the post I was responding to, then maybe you'll understand why I posted that, infact I'll even quote his post here

"Why? This car is faster than all of the ones you just named. And the Acura NSX? That is possibly the most overpriced car even made. What is it at like 95,000 and it has a V6? What a joke. And a F355? The production on the newest F355 (the F1) stop 6 years ago. And all 3 of the F355 (GTS, Spider, F1) All go 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. A Camaro SS or a Mustang Cobra could beat that let alone this car EASILY do it."

He was criticizing the NSX for only having a V6, and being "slow" which means he obviously doesn't understand the beauty and strengths of the NSX. And the modifications that would be required to modify the Mustang to the point that it could handle as well as either car would bring it to well above the cost of the NSX. No modified Mustang has achieved anywhere near as quick a time as the STOCK NSX Type-R, so here he is, saying the Mustang is better, when it really doesn't come close, and yes, I know there's a huge difference in price, but that should not be used to argue whether a car is better or not, a car is only as good as it is, no matter what the price is.

Oh, and considering that there's a car that's coming out that's the same price as the Cobra, handles better, and is going to be just slightly faster, I don't find it all that impressive (btw - try 12.9 for the SVT Cobra, that's a bit more accurate), and I find it kind of ironic how so many of you people feel it necessary to bash that car that's faster (actually, it's more likely going to be about just as fast), handles better, and costs the same, then you go on about how the Cobra is so superior.

Check out this link

http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/1999/7/comparison_test_13_quickest_cars/print.phtml

That's how "slow" the NSX is in comparison to the Cobra for ya, yes, I know that's a 1999 Cobra, but the NSX is the NSX-T which is the slowest NSX.

BTW - key word here being estimated, while this estimated top speed of 175mph is higher than the NSX's limited top speed of 172mph, the unlimited top speed of the NSX is going to be closer to 190mph.

You can have all the power in the world, but the car with less power but superior power delivery is always going to be on top.

Oh, and I wasn't criticizing the Mustang, I know where its strengths lie, and yes, it is a good bang for the buck, but it is in no way superior to the NSX as so many of you like to claim.

9. Re: is it worth it?

don't judge cars on acceleration, horse power or on the engine just because something doesn't have a V8 or bigger doesn't mean it's not all that good

10. Re: is it worth it?

11. Re: Re:

wow after 655 quotes u think you would have learned something about one of those three cars. i actually hope u get one of those if u ever get ur 100 grand and see how u compare to someone who knows how to spend that 100 grand... wow buddy u really know how to pick the cars

12. Re: is it worth it?

I think its worth the money. And if I had the money I'd buy it.