Is the Camaro comming back? By way of the GTO?

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary' started by YSSMAN, Nov 28, 2003.

1. If someone asks, you didnt hear it from me...The last thing I have herd about the return of the Camaro wont happen untill 2006 at the earliest...THE SSR MUST DIE FIRST!...Last time I herd anything about the 6th gen Camaro it was to be built on either the GTO or CTS-V platform. I was told that it would depend on Buick and Pontiac wether or not the GTO pltform would be put to use (ie return of RWD Buick GS and 2nd gen GTO), or if Cadiliac would be nice and share the CTS-V platform...However, I know that Opel just released a new global RWD platform, so that may lay under the Camaro as well...

But alongside the Camaro, Chevrolet has alot on its decsion list...Word is the Monte Carlo/Impala/Grand Prix will all go RWD within the next two years...And Chevrolet may just end up bringing back the Chevelle before the Camaro on the GTO platform.

So, I beg Chevrolet...DO ALL OF THE ABOVE! Scrap the SSR and other pos cars...Go straight to RWD like Dodge and Ford and put their new models to shame...The Mustang cant stay on top forever, and Im not sure if Dodge can stop it...So it is up to you and Pontiac, again...

2. Re: Is the Camaro comming back? By way of the GTO?

If they can do it, then Dodge's SRT-4 can only excite and distract them for so long! Hurry on back Camaro!

3. Re:
    Is the Camaro comming back? By way of the GTO?

I dunno about the SRT-4...I know chevy has alot to worry about from both of its main compeditors...Ford has the 2005 Mustang comming out, most likely with a very fast GT, SVT, and the possibility of a new Shelby version in the works...But to add to that, Dodge has plans to re-do the Charger on the new LX platform....Of course, it utilises the HEMI and once again...Rumors are allready out about a new PVO Charger for 2005 or 2006....

Get Cracking CHEVY!

4. Re: Is the Camaro comming back? By way of the GTO?

THe Charger...alegend that was neutered. Bring it back. Dodge SRT-4 a great car. Chevy, Pontiac, and Dodge need to get the muscle originality back.

5. Re: Is the Camaro comming back? By way of the GTO?

Isn't the SRT-4 that piece-o-crap neon/4 banger trying to be a muscle car?

6. Re: Is the Camaro comming back? By way of the GTO?

i heard that the Camaro will come back, kind of like the GTO did. i heard that Holden is working on another V8 coupe car that may be transfered over and molded into the Camaro. i dont care if its an import. ITS A CAMARO

7. Re: Is the Camaro comming back? By way of the GTO?

8. Re: Is the Camaro comming back? By way of the GTO?

Now I want 2006 to come faster.

I really hope Chevrolet brings back all those cars too, but they need to bring back the Camaro first.

9. The camaro is coming back in 2007 I read it in the octuber issue of camaro magazine but the firebird is still out