is this a joke?? 115hp?

Discussion in '2002 BMW CS1 Concept' started by tiger005, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

it is supposed to compete with miata's, I don't think so.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WS6 Trans Am</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b>That has to be a typo, you'll find a lot of of those on this site.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Nope. That is how much power it has. I'd drive it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Damm...my neon is probably faster than this bwm, hahahaha.

3. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

looks nice but i mean come on. give the nice car some power. this is one bimmer that will get smoked!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

doesn't have to be a joke.
    not all cars are supposed to be rockets u know.
    115hp is average for someone that wants a normal and beautiful car,and this baby is beautiful.
    one wrong thing:why does the back look like the Peugeot307???????
    shame.

5. Seriously, i thought that bmw is supposed to make nice and powerful cars...but this is the opposite!! 115hp? even a honda civic can smoke this!!!

6. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

it must be a typo even the minicooper has more HP<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

That has to be a typo, you'll find a lot of of those on this site.

8. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

i just read it in the road and track june issue, its not a typo<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

and it only cost 15000<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b>That has to be a typo, you'll find a lot of of those on this site.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Nope. That is how much power it has. I'd drive it.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

Go Karts have more! Well some do.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

You stupid idiots! This car is an entry level vehicle designed to get from point A to point B with style, not to go 200+ mph. I will assure you all that this car will smoke miatas, neons, and civics with NO PROBLEM. I would know this because I owned a 1984 318i and it had the same engine... and with 1 less cam. I could beat new civics, new miatas and new neons. This would cream them.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

yer i think this car is sweet...its suposed to have hell good torque(not shown here!)....

how much is this thing gonna be????????

14. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

sorry i was talkin bout the x coupe.....

i still think this is one of the sweetest bmw's i have ever seen

15. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

Yes its a joke

Shut up!

16. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

ummm... this's a car for your wife to go shopping in the local mall in style, not a sports thingie ;-)

i myself dislike the way bimmers are going.
    i hope the new designer hurts himself or something.
    the upcoming 5-series aren't luckily as radically shaped as the 7-series, or maybe it's just me.

the new Z4's rear looks like a jap roadster. it should look like a BMW, not Mazda.

17. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

115 hp may not be much, but as other people said before, this is not a sports car! And I'm sure models with more hp will follow if it sells well.

18. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

Making a break from the normal practice of stuffing the biggest possible engine into a concept car, BMW has gone the other way and put one of its smallest units under the bonnet – the 1796cc four-cylinder Valvetronic. Developing 115bhp and 129lb ft, the transmission is BMW’s Sequential Sports Gearbox, with shift paddles on the steering wheel and gearshift lever . So there you have it , it's no joke it's probably just the standard engine for the 1 series wich WILL smoke mosts civics (apart from the civic type-r wich is probably in totally different price catagorie)and besides that I am pretty sure there are gonna be more and powerfull eniges then this one .

JR.

19. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

May I remind you guys that this car could be made out of composite materials resulting in something that only weighs 1000lb maybe.

20. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

but in the end,fast or not,it's still sweet and it's still a BMW

21. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

Agreed...not every car has to go 200+MPH or have 500+ HP....this is a beautiful design and with enough HP for the entry level luxury car crowd to enjoy, whether or not it's ass looks like a Peugeot 307 lol

22. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

Its ugly its entry it shouldnt even be on this site. i read about it in motor trend and all i have to say is a name like BMW shouldnt bother with entry level. Do they really believe they can compete with bargains as honda and toyotas. This car is for posers who want to look rich but arnt and i hate that. IT s like the mercedes c230, it makes benz look bad. BMW should stick with the sport sedan formula and not tip toe into the cheap commute cars category.BMW is just trying to ride on the prestige of its Brand.

23. Re: is this a joke?? 115hp?

BMW is known 4 its power and looks. The looks are good but whats with the 115 hp?!?!? my grandpaws riding lawnmower can laeve this piece of crap in the dust!O M G