Is this a race worthy car?

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by Richard Owen, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

You make a good point there, I'm not sure about this though but I've heared that Bentley isn't entering LeMans next year.

2. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

This car is the fastest production car in the world! 1001 BHP-Thats CRAZY! This can beat the Mclaren F1 anyday. I don't know why so much people hate it. I admit, the looks are a bit off-putting but with this car its all about speed,and boy does it have it! I swear it goes over 270 mph. I think they've got the stats wrong on this website.

3. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

The tyres have been tested in simulated tests at 270Mph, the car however wil not go that fast, 252Mph is the target. Also it's not the fastest until it breaks the current record which it won't do until next year at the earliest.

4. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

"This car is the fastest production car in the world! 1001 BHP-Thats CRAZY! This can beat the Mclaren F1 anyday. I don't know why so much people hate it. I admit, the looks are a bit off-putting but with this car its all about speed,and boy does it have it! I swear it goes over 270 mph. I think they've got the stats wrong on this website."

1. This car is not the fastest production car in the world because it has not been tested yet and will not be tested until Bugatti works out all the problems with the vehicle. The fastest street legal production car in the world is still the 1994 Dauer 962 LeMans.

2. The veyron can not beat the Mclaren F1 nor any other car because the 16/4 has not been tested yet, therefore no times have been recorded for the 16/4, the only times that have been said were about the top speed which Bugatti themselves ESTIMATED.

3. It does not go over 270 because as i said above it has not been tested.

Before you make a comment about the times of a car have facts that back up your comments.

5. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

What does your post have to do with weather or not it would make a good race car? Stop spamming.

6. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

As stated before it will not make a good race car because of the weight of the vehicle and the problems with the enigne, as well as turning which i beleive someone was speaking of earlier.

My posts also have to do with the fact that the info you had was wrong Live4Speed. Maybe you just dont like the Daeur and thats why u said the Mclaren is still the fastest which it isnt. Or maybe you just didnt know about the Daeur whatsoever. But to say this -

"The tyres have been tested in simulated tests at 270Mph, the car however wil not go that fast, 252Mph is the target. Also it's not the fastest until it breaks the current record which it won't do until next year at the earliest."

Not only did you have your facts wrong, because the Veyron has yet to be tested by anyone but you proceeded to do so with not true facts.

Therefore since you lack the intelligence to speak the truth your comments are unthoughtful.

7. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

The tyres HAVE been tested at speeds of 270Mph, do you know how they test tyres, they don't fit them to a car and drive like in the old days. There is no untruth in that statement. As for the cars engine problems, what engine problems, there are no big engine problems, they had one a while ago with heating but thats been solved for ages now. As for the car, it has undergone extensive testing in the past few months, every car undergoes extensive testing at this stage, you just don't read about it in AutoCar every week.

As for the weight, theres less than 100kg's between this and the Viper, and Viper made a pretty damn fine race car. Weight can be cut in many ways, the Veyron has alot of things that would just bethrown out on a race car, they are what makes it heavy for a Supercar, it's a luxury supercar. Back to the engine, I have heared all the problems that the media has said about this car, they wern't true, which is why all the companies that publicised thoes problems had to apologise to VW Audi, if you know of any other problems please say them, don't just keep saying it has engine problems because the only ones I know of are the heating which was the true one and what the media falsely said.

Just one question for you, what do you personally think of this car? I think it's great in an over the top kind of way. It's pretty small for a Supercar as well, you look at a Diablo and it's wide, this is compact, it's similar in size to the BMW 3 series.

8. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

And I do know about the Dauer, I know what they do to a 917 to build one, I also know that it's terrible to drive on the road, it's extremely fast and cramped inside. But for someone that claims to work on performance cars I can't see why you think the Dauer counts as a production ca, the simple truth is it doesn't if it did it would be the fastest but the F1 is still the record holder because that is a production car.

9. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

Once gain you have failed to read something Live4Speed. Had you taken the time to look for the Daeurs top speed not only would you have not made that unthoughtful comment but you would have said the Daeur is the fastest street legal production car in the world because it is period.

The official top speed World record of the McLaren F1 wof 387.9kph was clocked at the Volkswagen test track Ehra-Lessien. On this same track the Dauer was clocked at 404.6kph. Therefore proving that the mclaren f1 is not the fastest street legal production car in the world.

Also correct me if i am wrong but is there a set number of produced vehicles a manufacturer has to meet so their car can be called a production vehicle? NO there is not.

To date less then 25 Mclaren F1's have been manufactured without a total number of vehicles to be manufactured. To date only 12 Daeur's have been manufactured with a total number of 100 units to be manudactured.

Your statements of the Daeur not being a production car are false. Not only do you fail to see reason but you like the mclaren F1 so much you fail to see it as not the fastest street legal production car in the world which is ignorant. Live4Speed get some facts to back up your ignorant claims otherwise dont post anything.

10. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

Actually there is a set numer of cars that needs to be built for a car to count as a full production vehicle, McLaren has built 100 F1's, a slight difference to 12 Dauers. And there are only 12 the rest are still 917's waiting for a customer to order one. I like the F1, I like the Dauer. The Dauer is quicker but due to the fact that it doesn't meet the number cars needed to be built for it to count in the records it doesn'yt count as a production vehicle, which if you actually checked the records you would see it doesn't and the F1 still holds the number 1 spot. This stops companies building 1 car to break these records and get into the news. I do check my info and you can say the Dauer counts as much as you like, but you don't mean shit to the people that decide what really counts and what doesn't.

11. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

Mclaren has built many production cars but they do not have a set number of production cars they are going to build as the Mclaren F1 is only built when a customer wants one, Daeur has made 13 production cars to date with a set number of 100 cars total. The set number will be more in the next few months as Daeur is making a 2003 version of the 1994 Daeur 962 Lemans.

In retrospect the Daeur is considered by many as a production vehicle, the thick headed who do not want it to be called a production vehicle can say it isnt but it will be called one in a few months with the release of the 2003 version.

"The Dauer is quicker but due to the fact that it doesn't meet the number cars needed to be built for it to count in the records it doesn'yt count as a production vehicle, which if you actually checked the records you would see it doesn't and the F1 still holds the number 1 spot"

The Daeur is quicker then the Mclaren F1 in every category, and yes it is considered a production vehicle. The only reason that it is not considered a production vehicle by the Guiness book of worl records (where you seem to get much of your info, which is quite stupid because it has been wrong alot) most likely has not heard of the Daeur.

In closing the Daeur is considered by many people to be a street legal production vehicle. The only person who doesnt consider it one is you Live4Speed, i suggest you actually read something about the Daeur and then maybe you can tell me about it.

" I do check my info and you can say the Dauer counts as much as you like, but you don't mean shit to the people that decide what really counts and what doesn't."

Funny Live4Speed i didnt know you consider yourself as people. Here's an idea why dont you get some ecidence of someone besides yourself who doesnt consider the Daeur a production vehicle? Until that time however your comments are pointless.

12. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

There will never be enough Dauers built, there arn't enough of the old racing cars left, if Dauer make a 2003 version then a new platform will have to be used or Dauer will have to have some identical ones made, depeding on what they do to get around this problem would decide if the 2004 962 will be classed as a new car, that would mean that the old 962's built don't add to the production total. You say that everyone considers the Dauer to be a production car, they don't, ther has been threads on this here before and you know what the majority said, it isn't a production car, and for someone who claims to have good knowledge of the market you seem clueless on one of the more well known facts.

13. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

I sure hope so, any millionaire could buy a few of these, a pit crew, and dominate. He wouldn't need to change anything, and be in comfort inside, while other drivers are suffering in their hot cockpits.

Anybody got a spare couple of million, race this car.

14. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

He'd need to change everything, new engine, less power, remove all the interior comforts to get the weight down, new bodywork to provide appropriate downforce, and probably no turbo's depending on what engine is used.

15. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

"There will never be enough Dauers built, there arn't enough of the old racing cars left, if Dauer make a 2003 version then a new platform will have to be used or Dauer will have to have some identical ones made, depeding on what they do to get around this problem would decide if the 2004 962 will be classed as a new car, that would mean that the old 962's built don't add to the production total. You say that everyone considers the Dauer to be a production car, they don't, ther has been threads on this here before and you know what the majority said, it isn't a production car, and for someone who claims to have good knowledge of the market you seem clueless on one of the more well known facts."

1. "There will never be enough Dauers built,"

How can u say that their will never be enough Daeurs built? Hmmm lets see Daeur has made 13 units in the past few years with a total number of 50. This past year they have doubled that total number to 100 total cars. With the coming of the 2003 version the number has tripled.

2. "there arn't enough of the old racing cars left, if Dauer make a 2003 version then a new platform will have to be used or Dauer will have to have some identical ones made, depeding on what they do to get around this problem would decide if the 2004 962 will be classed as a new car, that would mean that the old 962's built don't add to the production total."

Guess what Live4Speed every Mclaren was not built in only one year. Mclaren has been production the Lm since 1997 therefore if i thikn the same way as you do since the Mclaren was not only made in 1997 but over the span of a few years the mclaren can also be classified as a new car. therefore the Mclarens built after 1997 dont count in the production total either. Live4Speed you seriously ought to think about something before you type it.

3. " You say that everyone considers the Dauer to be a production car, they don't, ther has been threads on this here before and you know what the majority said, it isn't a production car, and for someone who claims to have good knowledge of the market you seem clueless on one of the more well known facts."

I did not say everyone considers the Daeur a production vehicle, Had you read anything i had posted on the 16/4 of Daeur forum you would know that yet you dont read anything i post you simply scroll past it like a wandering idiot, and proceed to think like a complete moron. Being that you have not shown any evidence whatsoever of car manufacturers who dont consider the Daeur a production car you are in no position to say anything because u yourself are not a car manufacturer. The only person who doesnt consider the Daeur a production vehicle is you Live4Speed.

Once again Live4Speed you have shown your true intelligence level (in single digits) all you have done in your past comments is to state your opinion, never once have you shown any facts to back up what you say, therefore your redicoulisly stupid claims dont count.

16. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

No your not thinking in the same way as me, the McLarens built over the years all had the same chassis and only a few of them used different engines which were still based on the other other. The Dauer on the other hand being built around the 962 race cars is limited to using the 962 chassis and variouse other components, if enough of that changes with the 2003 model, there will have to be a different chassis used for start, then it will be classed as a new model so for the new Dauer to become production (which it would seem has more chance than the old one) it would need to hit the required number of units sold starting from 0, the old Dauers wouldn't add to that total.

As for people not considering the Dauer as a full production car, you have said I'm the only one, which is bull. You've just said you didn't say that and straight after you've said it again.

17. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

"No your not thinking in the same way as me, the McLarens built over the years all had the same chassis and only a few of them used different engines which were still based on the other other. The Dauer on the other hand being built around the 962 race cars is limited to using the 962 chassis and variouse other components, if enough of that changes with the 2003 model, there will have to be a different chassis used for start, then it will be classed as a new model so for the new Dauer to become production (which it would seem has more chance than the old one) it would need to hit the required number of units sold starting from 0, the old Dauers wouldn't add to that total.

As for people not considering the Dauer as a full production car, you have said I'm the only one, which is bull. You've just said you didn't say that and straight after you've said it again."

1. "No your not thinking in the same way as me, the McLarens built over the years all had the same chassis and only a few of them used different engines which were still based on the other other."

Every Mclaren F1 and F1 LM have used the same BMW v12 engine therefore your claim if Mclaren using different engines in the F1 and F1 LM is false. Guess what Live4Speed? The 2003 version of the 1994 Daeur will use the same Porsche flat six and the same chasis as was used in the 1994 version.

2. "The Dauer on the other hand being built around the 962 race cars is limited to using the 962 chassis and variouse other components, if enough of that changes with the 2003 model, there will have to be a different chassis used for start, then it will be classed as a new model so for the new Dauer to become production (which it would seem has more chance than the old one) it would need to hit the required number of units sold starting from 0, the old Dauers wouldn't add to that total."

As i stated above the 2003 version of the Daeur will use the same engine and chasis as the 1994 version unlike what you said. Therefore i suggest you get your information from somewhere else as you are wrong. Furthermore when the 2003 version of the Daeur is produced the total number will not start at 0 it will be added to the 13 1994 Daeurs that have been produced to date.

3. "As for people not considering the Dauer as a full production car, you have said I'm the only one, which is bull. You've just said you didn't say that and straight after you've said it again."

Seeing as how i have asked you many many times to show this so called evidence of people who dont consider the Daeur a street legal production car and you have failed to do so, that makes the only person who doesnt consider the Daeur a street legal production car you Live4Speed.

One more thing - "You've just said you didn't say that and straight after you've said it again." I never said anything of the sort i said you do not consider the Daeur a production vehicle because you failed to show proof of any other vehicle manufacturer who doesnt consider the Daeur a production vehicle.

I seriously hope you actually read what i write and not just confuse yourself by making things up. A good idea for you Live4Speed would be to get your false information from somewhere else.

18. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

Not every McLaren engine was the same, they were all BMW V12's but some had a higher capacity, the new Dauer won't be suing the Porsche 962 chassis as there aren't many Porsche 962's left, same goes for the engine. You keep calling it the new Dauer 962, if it uses all the old bit's whats so new about it. Funnily enough Dauer side stepped the question I asked when I sent them an e-mail asking why it's not classed as a full production road car, that tells me they don't like to be asked.

19. #144 DodgeMS-4, Jan 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Is this a race worthy car?

"Not every McLaren engine was the same, they were all BMW V12's but some had a higher capacity, the new Dauer won't be suing the Porsche 962 chassis as there aren't many Porsche 962's left, same goes for the engine. You keep calling it the new Dauer 962, if it uses all the old bit's whats so new about it. Funnily enough Dauer side stepped the question I asked when I sent them an e-mail asking why it's not classed as a full production road car, that tells me they don't like to be asked."

Once again i will repeat myself as you obviously did not comprehend anything i wrote beforehand. Every road going street legal Mclaren F1 and F1 LM since 1997 have used the exact same BMW v12 engine. The ones that had a higher capacity had only a few more BHP these were the Mclaren's that were not brought to the United States, they were in fact the European cars. (Amazingly enough Live4Speed the United States actually has emmission standards for vehicles hence the reasons the European counterparts of the Mclaren F1 and Mclaren F1 LM have more BHP versus the US versions.

2. "the new Dauer won't be suing the Porsche 962 chassis as there aren't many Porsche 962's left, same goes for the engine."

Contrary to your way of thinking when Daeur releases the 2003 model they wont use older 962 chasis they will in fact make new chasis, the exact same designs as the 962 ones, The fact that Daeur will continue to use the Porsche twin turbo flat six engine should alone tell you that you are a complete idiot Live4Speed because they will not change the engine in the Daeur.

3. "Funnily enough Dauer side stepped the question I asked when I sent them an e-mail asking why it's not classed as a full production road car, that tells me they don't like to be asked."

Amazingly enough the Daeur website http://www.racecar.co.uk/dauer/ has been inactive for the past few weeks therefore your comment on how you e-mailed them is false. Being that their website has been down days before you posted your comment on how you e-mailed them and the fact that to get their e-mail address you would have to go to their site ( http://www.racecar.co.uk/dauer/ ) which does not work amazes me on how you were able to do such a thing. Once again people do not lower yourselves to having to make things up so that you can win a debate which you have already lost.

20. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

So were only talking about American cars now? Where the car is sold doesn't make a difference to production numbers there has been F1's with slightly different engines, I was talking about all F1's not F1's sold in the US or UK only, stop twisting what I say.

If Dauer aer using the same engine and chassis as the old car it's not a new design is it, it's not going to change anything it wont be faster or anything will it. If they are keeping it the same then it will add to the current numbers sold but Dauer still has a long way to go before they make enough for it to count as a full production road car, best of luck to them if they sell enough but I can't see it happening.

As for the site, amazingly enough it was up when I sent the e-mail which was way before I made the post telling you I had sent it but that might be why they didnt reply, and as for you trying so hard to be hostile with your insults your just making me think your nothing more than a 13 year old school kid trying to get people to think he's something he isn't.

21. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

"So were only talking about American cars now? Where the car is sold doesn't make a difference to production numbers there has been F1's with slightly different engines, I was talking about all F1's not F1's sold in the US or UK only, stop twisting what I say."

1. Last time i checked neither the Mclaren F1, F1 LM or the Daeur 962 were not american vehicles, thus we are not speaking of american cars. I know you were talking about all Mclaren F1's that was why i responded to your unthoughtful, idiotic comment on how Mclaren uses different enignes in their road going, street legal cars. When in fact Mclaren does not use different engines in either the F1 or the F1 LM both these vehicles use the same BMW V12, the only difference in the Mclaren cars is that the European counterparts of the F1 and F1 LM have a higher level of bhp. Amazingly enough Live4Speed when european countries have emissions standards that aren't as strict as the US standards they can get away with a little more bhp and torque. I never once twisted anything you said you silly twit, had you actually thought of what you were going to type beforehand you wouldnt look like a complete idiot as you do now.

"If Dauer aer using the same engine and chassis as the old car it's not a new design is it, it's not going to change anything it wont be faster or anything will it. If they are keeping it the same then it will add to the current numbers sold but Dauer still has a long way to go before they make enough for it to count as a full production road car, best of luck to them if they sell enough but I can't see it happening."

1. Actually they are using the same chasis and engine, Live4Speed unlike what you seem to think in your infinite wisdom you can do things to a car which improve performance and handling, but i shouldnt expect you to know that.

"As for the site, amazingly enough it was up when I sent the e-mail which was way before I made the post telling you I had sent it but that might be why they didnt reply, and as for you trying so hard to be hostile with your insults your just making me think your nothing more than a 13 year old school kid trying to get people to think he's something he isn't."

The reason you hanvt received a e-mail from them is because their site was down and they did not get ur e-mail i suggest you wait until their site is up again and try and e-mail them 1 more time. Well seeing as how you dont seem to listen to anything i say and you want to keep beleiving that the 16/4 is the best car in the world(which it isnt and it never will be) i figured the only way i could get your attention would be to insult you, it did work so far but you still fail to see reason.

22. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

Your full of shit, different F1's do use different versions of the BMW V12, you said they don't in America, I never mentioned America until after you #$%#wit. That might be why they didn't reply, but just before you decided to assume that I hadn't sent one, your a retard. Also I never said the Veyron is the best car in the world, and the Veyron isn't supposed to be going up against the Dauer. The Dauer is an unciofortable, incredibly quick and completly uncompromising race car for the road. The Veyron is far from that, oh and did I say you sound more like a 10 year old than someone old enough to work, insulting people and twisting what people say like lik you do is the kind of thing people do while in school.

23. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

"Your full of shit, different F1's do use different versions of the BMW V12, you said they don't in America, I never mentioned America until after you #$%#wit. That might be why they didn't reply, but just before you decided to assume that I hadn't sent one, your a retard. Also I never said the Veyron is the best car in the world, and the Veyron isn't supposed to be going up against the Dauer. The Dauer is an unciofortable, incredibly quick and completly uncompromising race car for the road. The Veyron is far from that, oh and did I say you sound more like a 10 year old than someone old enough to work, insulting people and twisting what people say like lik you do is the kind of thing people do while in school."

Live4Speed I have had it with your idiotic, unthoughtful comments, not only have you proven yourself to be a complete moron who doesnt read anything I have posted whatsoever. You cant even comprehend a simple sentence.

"Your full of shit, different F1's do use different versions of the BMW V12, you said they don't in America, I never mentioned America until after you #$%#wit."

This is a direct quote from my response to your pointless remark that Mclaren F1 and F1 LM use different engines -

"Last time i checked neither the Mclaren F1, F1 LM or the Daeur 962 were american vehicles, thus we are not speaking of american cars. I know you were talking about all Mclaren F1's that was why i responded to your unthoughtful, idiotic comment on how Mclaren uses different enignes in their road going, street legal cars. When in fact Mclaren does not use different engines in either the F1 or the F1 LM both these vehicles use the same BMW V12, the only difference in the Mclaren cars is that the European versions of the F1 and F1 LM have a higher level of bhp. Amazingly enough Live4Speed when european countries have emissions standards that aren't as strict as the US standards they can get away with a little more hp. I never ocne twisted anything you said you silly twit, had you actually thought of what you were going to type beforehand you wouldnt look like a complete idiot as you do now."

Now if after that you still seem to think that the Mclaren F1 and F1 LM models utilize different engines besides the BMW v 12 you are a rambling fool and you should never be allowed to post anything on supercars.net ever again for all you will do is make people dumber for trying to comprehend your unthoughtful commments.

"oh and did I say you sound more like a 10 year old than someone old enough to work, insulting people and twisting what people say like lik you do is the kind of thing people do while in school."

The only person who has been twisting what someone says is you Live4Speed i suggest you pull your incredibly small head out of your a$$ and read what you posted earlier.

"Also I never said the Veyron is the best car in the world, and the Veyron isn't supposed to be going up against the Dauer"

If the veyron isnt supposed to be going up against the Daeur then why do you continue to call the Daeur a non production vehicle when it is a street legal production vehicle. Also im going to add the fact that since the 16/4 hasnt been produced yet and it wont for some time that it is considered a Prototype. Therefore stop comparing the Veyron 16/4 to the Daeur and the McClaren F1 and the F1 LM, cars of which the Veyron isnt comparable to in any way whatsoever simply because the 16/4 is not a street legal production vehicle and the Mclaren F1, F1 LM and Dauer 962 are street legal production vehicles.

24. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

First of all, I never said the F1 and F1 LM, and once again it was you who made the comment about them being the same in America not me, I never mentioned America until after your comment. Then you try to have a go at me over mentioning America. There was an F1 in 95 or 96 that used a 7 liter engine not a 6064cc like the rest. And finally, This whole argument started over you saying the Dauer is the fastest full production car in the world, and you know what, it's not. the CURRENT racord is in the 230's still held by the F1. If you want to say the Dauer is production, you caould argue, the Callaway Sledgehammer was produced so it's a production car, the SVS Viper with 1900Bhp is produced as is the Hennesey 1000TT. There is a set minimum number of units needed before it can count and the Dauer has not hit that number yet.

25. Re: Is this a race worthy car?

It was me who made the comment about the Mclaren and Dauer being the same in America? LOL Amazing i made a comment to you when you said the following foolish statement

"Not every McLaren engine was the same, they were all BMW V12's but some had a higher capacity,"

In which my response was the following

"Once again i will repeat myself as you obviously did not comprehend anything i wrote beforehand. Every road going street legal Mclaren F1 and F1 LM since 1997 have used the exact same BMW v12 engine. The ones that had a higher capacity had only a few more BHP these were the Mclaren's that were not brought to the United States, they were in fact the European cars. (Amazingly enough Live4Speed the United States actually has emmission standards for vehicles hence the reasons the European counterparts of the Mclaren F1 and Mclaren F1 LM have more BHP versus the US versions."

In short since you cannot read Live4speed I said that the only Mclaren f1's that have a higher capacity are the European models not the american ones, reason being that the USA has stricter emission standards then European countries.

I never once was speaking of the Mclaren F1 being the same in America I said that the american versions of the Mclaren F1 have less bhp, torque etc. versus the European Mclaren F1's which is true.

" There was an F1 in 95 or 96 that used a 7 liter engine not a 6064cc like the rest."

False statement yet again. Since 1995 the only engine Mclaren has used in their F1 and F1 LM models is the 6.1 litre BMW V12 producing 620bhp. They have to date NEVER used a 7.0 litre BMW V12 in any of their street legal cars.

"And finally, This whole argument started over you saying the Dauer is the fastest full production car in the world, and you know what, it's not. the CURRENT racord is in the 230's still held by the F1."

The recorded top speed of the 1994 Dauer 962 Cr LM was 404.6 kph / 251.25 mph achieved at the Volkswagen testtrack Ehra-Lessien, the very same track that the Mclaren F1's topspeed of 386.7 kph. Amazingly enough 404.6kph is faster the 386.7kph it must be very hard for some people to do a simple task like subtract numbers.